topamax and keppra my new mix

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
well its been 2 and a half days that I've been on these meds combined and I have to say so far it has been the best thing to ever happen to me :woot:
Everything I can find on the internet about PNES says it does not respond to AEDS at all and my neuro said well we'll try adding the keppra for your migraines which were continuing after my night seizures mind you... and if they help you "spells" all the better... "get back to me next friday and let me know how everything went", I want to get back to him on tuesday and tell him I've had no seizures! other than the DAMN OLDNAVY LED POLE!!!! at the mall of america casued me to have a small SPS lasting 20 sec, and nothing after that! I've had no kepprage so far, just been tired, and want to sleep more but I blame that on the keppra but I do need to sleep more so its not really a bad side effect LOL!!!
If he doesn't want to help me with calling them seizures now that the've stopped with adding the keppra since PNES doesnt stop with AEDS I'm going to talk to another neuro and start all over with my seizure history and things that have happened in my life and how my mom and how she never did anything with taking me to the doctor and just called the doctor and told her it was heatstroke or something or the other like what happened to me in the 6the grade.
Any thooughts from the ecommunity on wether I should wait till friday or call on tuesday? to see if they start back up or rejoice that they've stopped for the 1st time in over 7 years?!
Thanks,
Mike

I'd say wait until Friday. The extra few days won't hurt, and they might help -- you may have a better sense by then of how the Topomax and Keppra are making you feel in terms of seizure control and side effects.

Back
Top Bottom