Update on school board meeting

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I think the video is a great idea. I have educated these teachers. I have recently been asked by the priniple do I want to hold an IEP meeting. And I talked to them and several other schools in the district. I start school this summer. And as long as I pass the test, they will hire me on as a special ed para. I can teach the staff and get paid for it at the same time. And work with the kids. Like I love to do so much.Happy Mothers day to all you great moms and thank you to all the families that support us. Teresa

What a great opportunity for you. I know that people can be trained through their local E foundation to be HOPE mentors. With this training, a HOPE mentor can give presentations on E. HOPE mentors voluteer their time to give these presentations. I have completed the first part of the training and will finish up soon.

How long does this training take? Is it in a group setting, or individual?

The training I went to was set up as a group and it was held on a Saturday morning. I think that it was about 1 hour or maybe a little longer. The second part of the training is for each of us to give a presentation to the others in the group. You might want to contact your local E affiliate to see if they offer this training and if they can do this on an individual basis also.

Well I talk to them along time ago. The Epilepsy Foundation . I met the president and stuff. They are in Seattle with my Dr.s and stuff. They asked me to be a hope mentor. I have all the paper work and stuff again. They just told me when I'm ready let them know. Well I have not taken the hope mentor class. yet. lol My bad. There have been so many opportunities for me you guys and I just have not taken them. That is why I have to go to school now. Its all paid for.I know to much not to do or say anything now. Without getting paid for it.And stuff. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Much of the Epilepsy Foundation workers are mainly volunteers
of all types, and they have various fields of volunteering work
available and H.O.P.E. is just ONE of the many volunteering
work they have available.

If you are interested, and there is an Epilepsy Foundation in your
own State, you can contact the State Epilepsy Foundation Head-
quarters -OR- your Regional Epilepsy Foundation Chapter if there
is one near you and you can contact them. There are many options
and programs available of all types, and they will go over with it
with you and discuss all options and what is needed and in fact,
you might be best suited for something else!

It is all volunteer work, some are more devoted than others, but
they all have one goal and a cause - to help others and to help
spread the awareness. Every Department has its own division,
its own program, et cetera; so it is all differing but yet everyone
is in conjunction with each other - for one cannot function without
the other. We need more volunteers, they are precious! We have
volunteers who are concerned individuals, people who have Epilepsy,
caretakers, and even medical personnel - all out to make a difference!

Back
Top Bottom