Vaccine related seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Gardisol and Seizures

WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS

Because vaccines may develop syncope, sometimes resulting in falling with injury, observation for 15 minutes after administration is recommended. Syncope, sometimes associated with tonic-clonic movements and other seizure-like activity, has been reported following vaccination with GARDASIL. When syncope is associated with tonic-clonic movements, the activity is usually transient and typically responds to restoring cerebral perfusion by maintaining a supine or Trendelenburg position.

Merck Warning directed by the FDA
June 2, 2009

A new scientific study proves that the mercury-based compound used as vaccine preservative -- known as ‘thimerosal’ -- induces neural damage similar to that seen in autism patients.

According to the study, thimerosal-induced cellular damage caused concentration- and time-dependent mitochondrial damage, reduced oxidative-reduction activity, cellular degeneration, and cell death. Thimerosal at low concentrations induced significant cellular toxicity in human neuronal and fetal cells.

Thimerosal was found to be significantly more toxic than the other metal compounds examined.
http://dprogram.net/2009/07/10/new-study-proves-thimerosal-induces-autism-like-neurotoxicity/
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...merosal-Induces-AutismLike-Neurotoxicity.aspx

Hep and Flu Vaccines?

So don't get flu vaccines or hepatitis vaccines ? Cause i was definately going to get Hep vacs since i get so many tattoos.:paperbag:

do your research first. There certainly is a lot of information on vaccinations and gut distress in certain sensitive people.

Last edited:
Inflammatory bowel disease and measles virus

Please watch. He mentions how seizures are related.

Last edited:
In todays news.....

The editors of a prestigious medical journal are declaring that a British study, since retracted by its publisher, that claimed to have found a link between autism and the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine was "an elaborate fraud" based on the "falsification of data."

In an explosive series of articles that began publication Monday, the British Medical Journal declares that there is "no doubt" that lead researcher Andrew Wakefield manipulated and even falsified his data to show a link between the vaccine and both autism and bowel disease. The study, published in the medical journal Lancet in 1998 and retracted last February, spurred millions of parents around the world to opt not to get the shot for their children.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20110105/autism-vaccine-study-110105/

I would like them to sit in an auditorium full of parents that have seen the connection. It hasn't been a figment of their imagination. Nor is the fact that when they work to reverse the damage, their children recover.

I wonder who owns (finances) that medical journal.

Sorry, but I trust what the parents witness

I agree Robin, I think there is a link. It may not show up in the statistics, but I think that's because there are a many environmental causes for autism, with the vaccine being one of them. I think that multiple environmental toxins play a role, either in the parents or in the womb, and that these lead to a sensitivity on the part of the kid. This sensitivity, similar to epilepsy at least metaphorically, lowers the "autism threshold". When certain exposures occur (like to the heavy metals in the vaccine) then the body can't process them, and autism is one of the results.

[This is all just my theorizing, but I think there's at least one study that shows that some kids with autism lacked a a gene that would allow them to process heavy metals...]

Faking data doesn't help the cause. I don't like bad science, let alone fraud. I think Andrew Wakefield should do jail time.

I really don't want to start a hot debate on this topic, but since it's already going....

I respectfully go with the science on the topic of autism.

Correlation doesn't mean causation. A child can begin having problems after an event (like a vaccine, head bump, etc.) and that still may not be why they've developed a disease. A well designed, scientific experiment takes out the anecdotal evidence where individual parents feel the source of their child's disease is one certain thing, simply because it happened one after another. A scientific study demands that a statistically significant number of the participants have autism after vaccines. (Statistically significant means enough difference between a control group with no vaccines and an experimental group with vaccines. It couldn't possibly be due to random variation or individual anecdotal reasons.)

All of the legitimate studies so far say that vaccines do not cause autism. The studies have confirmed, though, a higher incidence of autism in relation to the age of the father. Since men's mean age when they have children has increased, this is a possible explanation of why the incidence of autism has increased. But again, correlation doesn't necessarily mean causation.

So, there may be a few isolated cases ( compared to the whole population) where maybe a vaccine did trigger autism. But we certainly can't say that for the general population. That also doesn't mean it never happens. A child may have a pre-existing autoimmune disorder or other problem that my cause problems with vaccines in their case. That doesn't mean people shouldn't vaccinate their children.

The odds of dying from a disease that can be prevented by vaccines is much higher than the chance of autism. And remember, we compare the death rates with third world countries where the diseases have not been mostly eradicated because of population-wide vaccines, like we have here in the U.S. If people stopped vaccinating their children we would have a massive return of preventable diseases. And it would bring progress to a dead stop on the ones we are trying to eradicate, like meales. In the United states, 1 person in 500 dies from measles. In West Africa, the figure is 1 in 20. Global death rates are decreasing fast, though. Death from measles in some countries has dropped by over 90% due to global vaccination programs provided by the United Nations and non-profit organizations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Measles#Epidemiology

With effective childhood immunization programs, measles cases in the United States, Canada and other countries have dropped by 99 percent. However, there was a marked increase in measles cases in the United States during 1989-1991. The majority of these cases occurred in non-immunized children, including almost 25 percent of cases in babies younger than 15 months of age. Non-immunized inner-city preschool children were a major contributing factor in this epidemic....

In the United States, death from measles has occurred at a rate of about two to three per 1,000 cases in recent years. These deaths occur mainly in children younger than 5 years of age, primarily from pneumonia and occasionally from encephalitis. Other complications include... brain damage.
http://www.idph.state.il.us/public/hb/hbmeasles.htm

No vaccinations? Diptheria, anyone? Up for a rousing case of polio?

I go with the odds. My stepkids were definitely vaccinated.

I have no argument with getting the vaccines, Endless. I absolutely agree that it's very important that kids get immunized. But I do think that in some cases the vaccines may have played a role where there was a pre-existing sensitivity or genetic susceptibility to metals. Not as a primary cause, but as a secondary trigger (one of many possible triggers). This article talks about some of this:

http://www.detoxmetals.com/content/AUTISM AND Hg/autism_reprint.pdf

Sheesh. I just re-read how freakin stern I sound in that post. I plead migraine, which is approaching an "8" right now. :oops:

No worries. I actually think that faking scientific results, especially results that can impact public health, is terrible, terrible crime. One of the reasons I get angry at Big Pharma is that they are prone to "massaging" their data to get their drugs onto the market...

Hope the migraine recedes ASAP.

I agree about big pharma. And you can't tell me that who's paying the physician to do the trial doesn't have at least a subliminal effect on their results.

Andrew Wakefield Shamed!

I can't say much about big pharma but Dr. Wakefield has had his license taken away for misconduct & his study re. vaccines withdrawn from medical journal "The Lancet" (something they've never done before) for numerous reasons including a conflict of interest.
Some would also be awarded extra money in advance, in proposed “executive and non-executive staff costs.” Wakefield was set to get £40 000 a year,37 in addition to his legal earnings and medical school salary, with an annual travel budget of £50 000 for the business.

Here was another striking conflict of interest, but Wakefield had long made clear his expectations. “The Company will endeavour to ensure that the principal members of its management and scientific team are suitably incentivised by the allocation of Equity and stock options,” he had written in September 1996, when child 2 was still on the ward.

Also, putting aside the fact that Dr. Mercola is only trained as an osteopath he has been exposed as being extremely unprofessional.
Mercola.com is a horrible chimera of tabloid journalism, late-night infomercials, and amateur pre-scientific medicine, and is the primary web presence of Joseph Mercola. Unfortunately, it is also one of the more popular alternative medicine sites on the web and as such is uncommonly efficient at spreading misinformation. I am not a fan, and have addressed his dross in the past.
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/9-reasons-to-completely-ignore-joseph-mercola-and-natural-news/

As well, Generation Rescue who Robin linked to have been known as a dangerous anti-vaccination group as have NVIC and Age of Autism.
a truly incompetent “phone survey” commissioned by Generation Rescue designed to compare “vaxed versus unvaxed” children; and an even more incompetent “study” in which Generation Rescue used a cherry picked group of nations to try to argue that nations that require more vaccines have higher rates of infant mortality
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/?s=Generation+Rescue
The latest bit of anti-vaccine propaganda to come to light to me, albeit rather late, comes from a source other than the usual merry band of anti-vaccine loons over at Age of Autism. Surprisingly, it comes from an older and formerly more famous anti-vaccine organization, one that's been supplanted by Generation Rescue since it became "Jenny McCarthy's Autism Organization." I'm referring to Barbara Loe Fisher's hoary old National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC), and the propaganda ploy to which I refer is what the NVIC calls its Vaccine Ingredients Calculator (VIC):
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2010/08/the_nvic_vaccine_ingredient_calculator_a.php

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom