Vimpat anyone?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Matthew74

Stalwart
Reaction score
I'm going to see my doctor here in a week or so. I'm on Tegretol and Felbatol. Overall I'm still doing better, but he mentioned trying Vimpat. Anyone taking it? What's it like?

My neuro put me on Vimpat in February this year which was added to Keppra & Tegretol.
The vimpat didn't work for me as it messed with my moods, at 1st I would get low then feel OK but eventually got to the stage where I was getting upset over small things or nothing. I ended up being taken of the Vimpat in April.

Good luck with your appt.

I was on vimpat and think its good, its the small side effects I could not deal with.

I'm allergic to vimpat and I tried it when it first came out.It didn't work anyway.

Back
Top Bottom