Vimpat question

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Has anyone had a large decrease in appetite from Vimpat? I'm on 2 other meds that previously *really* increased my appetite and now all of a sudden, 4 days after starting Vimpat don't want to eat anything. All I've had to eat/drink today was some milk and a rice crispie treat. :/

Loss of appetite is a listed side effect of Vimpat (and some of the other AEDs too -- It was a problem for me when I was on Zonegran). If you aren't getting enough to eat and drink on Vimpat, that could lead to problems related to low blood sugar.

Hi Rainbowbrite,

I will be watching this post very closely. I'm due to start on Vimpat in one weeks' time so hopefully I'll be able to eventually contribute my experiences.

Hope you manage to balance some form of diet soon.

Steve

I've been on Vimpat now for about 6 months and never had a decrease in appetite. I have always had a big appetite and none of the medications I've been on effected it.

Been on vimpat for 4 months and I really really wish that my appetite was lessened but it has not...could stand to lose a few pounds :)

Ya I was just diagnosed a little over a month ago and they tried Keppra on me first and it made me extremely depressed so they switched me to Vimpat and within the first 2 days I was not hungry at all. I have to force myself to eat otherwise I dont eat anything. Its like my brain doesnt tell my body when its hungry. I dont know if your experiencing the same type of thing but if you are, your definitely not alone!

Back
Top Bottom