Wanted to say hi...I'm new to this site...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

... my triggers, them being any kind of scented soap and shampoo not knowing I had allergies to them all, I now use only scent free products to clean everything with and 99% sz free today because of it.

That's the first time I've heard someone identify that as a trigger. I'm glad you were able to figure it out. Please consider adding a note about it in the triggers thread.

Hi WhyMe, and thanks for the friend request on facebook. I don't know you, but you have already become a part of this well structured family.
It is nice to find triggers, and if possible, to avoid them. I find that since taking my meds, it has pointed out alot more triggers than I thought, and has amplified a few that I knew (I used to get massive headaches from things like flourescent lights, strobe lights, certain songs/music and stress) now these things lead to seizures since my first grand mal and the meds.

I am currently taking 150mg of Lamictal twice a day. I just upped it on Saturday or Sunday. Can't remember. so that 300mg total. and i'm not sure if its working or not. I had some great seizure control at a lower dose that held back some of the smaller seizures (simple partials and complex partials) but still let the tonic clonics (aka grand mals) rear their ugly heads anytime they saw fit. Now at the higher dose it seems like I get simple partials and complex partials ALOT and they generalize alot less.

If you need anything or have any questions, just feel free to send me a msg, either on here or Facebook. Either or. I can get my FB msgs to my phone, so I can answer those right away.

Back
Top Bottom