weird pain getting worse

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

kimba

New
Reaction score
Hi, I wrote a while back about getting shoulder pain since I took Vimpat. Now it is so bizarre.
I still get should pains here and there. But when that was better, I got a terrible pain in my knee, I couldnt even walk, it was sore and had some redness to it. Well, all of a sudden in one day, it was gone. But then my hand/wrist started huting so bad. And now there is soreness and redness there. Its like it goes from one part of my body to another. And this all has been since I started the Vimpat. I dont know what is going on but it is very annoying. Anyone else ever had something like this? Thank you!!

Kim

You're not alone -- a quick Google search turned up some folks who've had horrible joint pain from Vimpat. And I know joint pain is also a Lamictal side effect, so the AEDs can do that to you. I would contact your doc and let him know what's going on.

Hi, Kimba,

I'm ramping back up on Lamictal, and not terribly happy with one of the side effects. It's the joint pain. It feels like I have arthritis in my toes, fingers, and hips. I'm going to see my primary care physician in the next few weeks to see what we can do about it. I suspect she'll put me on anti-infammatories, but I'm kind of scared of all those, with the publicity lately on their long-term effect on the liver and kidneys.

Back
Top Bottom