Weirdest place to have a seizure???

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I had a partial complex at one job, without LoC. Post-ictal was a lot of memory loss, fatigue and impaired speech--I had much, much worse post-ictal when I forced myself to keep it together during the seizure rather than resting and letting it pass. The office manager was irritated that I wasn't remembering her instructions, so I told her what had happened. The boss, a naturopathic doctor went through the roof --I couldn't be near their patients, I was dangerous, and when I tried to explain the different kinds of seizures, I only dug myself into a hole, because she was a doctor who knew everything, therefore I was ignorant which is worse than dangerous, and I couldn't possibly know what I was talking about. They managed to fire me within 2 weeks. I guess I haven't yet healed emotionally. Need to work on that one....

I'm going to put this out there -- I DO believe in God, and I do believe in divine healing, while at the same time believing that God gave us intelligence to develop medicine and to figure out that eating right and taking care of our body does enormous good for health. So...I use medicine, nutrition and prayer all together.

I also believe in God. I got guided to an unusual situation where a lady in India gave me Ayurvedic herbs in ginger medicine that took away the seizures for 17 months. My neurologist at home (in the U.S.) said nothing in Western medicine could match that for me. But they came back. Then with about 9 partial complex seizures a week and post-ictal memory loss of 2 hours to 2 days with each, and "medically intractable" I was a virtual basket case. Friends prayed for me in 1994 and I felt a hand reaching inside my brain and untying a knot. Two weeks later I was scheduled for an additional MRI and EEG to investigate if surgery was feasible. The focal lesion was gone, there was an open gap in my right temporal lobe where it used to be and my EEG was normal.

Seizures came back after head and neck injuries in a MVA in 2006 and again after other head injuries in 2010 . Karen, I am totally with you about walking with the divine and still using our intelligence to eat right, get adequate sleep, take care of ourselves as best we can. So, I also use herbs, nutrition and prayer.

I do believe in god. This is why I am living. That was just a bad place. And nobody has the right to tell me or my 15 year old son that we are evil because we have epilepsy.You will heal emotionally. It just shows that Epilepsy is not just physical. Its emotional, very emotional too.

Weirdest place to have a seizure

I had a seizure once working in a dairy farm. It was the 4 o clock milking and I had to go round up the cows to haul them in to the station and long story short, ended up flailing around in their feaces and mud on the ground. They just stopped walking and watched me until I had contained myself and then it was milking time.

Back
Top Bottom