Weirdest place to have a seizure???

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

They did a drug screen on me when i was in the hospital a couple weeks ago (same event as the one with the punks). Normally i'd come out of it enough to refuse to go to hospital but this time i didn't really have much choice in the matter.

As soon as the blood tests came back the doc very abruptly said i could go and then wandered off.

Perhaps they were actually disappointed that i'm not a drug taking sort of person? I dunno lol.

People that know me and get paid to cart my butt to the drs and wlmart, etc know not to take me to the hospital if I seize. My dad experienced his first one with me last week while I was at an appt, he handled it well. I had warned him that I wasn't feeling good, but sometimes people freak out on me when it actually happens.

Luckily we don't have to pay here if we get carted off to the hospital, but it means hanging around for hours in A&E quite often just to be told we can go again.

NOT my favourite place especially when i could be home sleeping and getting out of my wet trousers *blush*

Last edited:
Luckily we don't have to pay here if we get carted off to the hospital, but it means hanging around for hours in A&E quite often just to be told we can go again.

NOT my favourite place.

The bills I've gotten for ambulance rides are insane amounts!!!!

:) LJ - interesting indeed!
I've been told twice recently, by two different people, that Jesus heals and that I should reach out to him.

:ponder: Hmm.....then if that is true, why did I have my first TC seizure in the shower on Easter morning? And, if Jesus heals, why am I still having seizures AFTER brain surgery AND AFTER VNS surgery? So many folks in church were praying for me during my brain surgery. Hmm.... I see Jesus, too, in my seizure ;) and he talks to me, too in my seizure.... ;)

I don't remember the seizure I had in the shower....

I don't remember the seizure I had in the shower, either, but I do remember coming too in the EHelicopter ride to the hospital with 2nd and 3rd degree burns and hurting like I was in H**L!! Not fun spending 2 months in ICU because of burns from a TC seizure.

I don't remember the seizure I had in the shower, either, but I do remember coming too in the EHelicopter ride to the hospital with 2nd and 3rd degree burns and hurting like I was in H**L!! Not fun spending 2 months in ICU because of burns from a TC seizure.

Since reading about this happening to you I no longer take hot showers!!! It must have been horrible and makes me cringe. :(

When Jon was on Trileptal, his paraprofessional at school thought he was demon possessed -- and he was truly acting pyschotic -- hissing, snarling, biting, pinching, hitting, kicking -- poor lady, she had to deal with a lot. Most of that behavior disappeared when he was weaned off. Of course, then he was on Depakote, and was pretty much catatonic for the next 6 months...gotta love those seizure meds.

I'm going to put this out there -- I DO believe in God, and I do believe in divine healing, while at the same time believing that God gave us intelligence to develop medicine and to figure out that eating right and taking care of our body does enormous good for health. So...I use medicine, nutrition and prayer all together.

That being said, I think if anything is demonic it's those #%@ seizure meds -- they have turned Jon psychotic, and then into a drooling zombie, have damaged his liver, caused bone marrow disease, and robbed him of spoken language.

And I really believe epilepsy comes from the pit of Hell -- I mean, when my son has a seizure then leaped up and runs full speed into a closed door -- just gotta wonder...

Karen im really sorry for wat your son and u are going through but its a disease and effects everybody differently and I dont believe that.that epilepsy should in anyway be involved in "religion"but about taking care of ourselves totally agree.

Just dont feel in my mind he can help or hurt so why give a individual faith over something nobody control not even.

My comments on my experiences are by no means meant as a religion or faith bash.

I am simply entertained and amazed by others, often strangers, comments, cause of and suggestions for dealing with my situation.

My always right, very opinionated grandmother, that I truly love told me again recently that she knew I had epilepsy because I drank alcoholic beverages in the summer of 2005. Yes, she states the year. Just insert a 90 yr old voice and you get the picture!

...When Jon was on Trileptal, his paraprofessional at school thought he was demon possessed -- and he was truly acting pyschotic -- hissing, snarling, biting, pinching, hitting, kicking -- poor lady, she had to deal with a lot...

I have an adopted child, now an adult. I can't even begin to comprehend how distressing it must be for parents of epileptic children. Hats off to you, for sure!

Haha thats funny mine thinks its from football dont mean to bash at all a lot of family is into it if I came off that way not intended at all.my E I will admit when my family says they will pray for me im not jumpin up and down.honest feelings not intent on bashing or insulting religous people.sorry if I did

The places I had a seizure are, at work,church,Walmart, friends houses, and the side of the road.
Thoes are the only places in public that I can remember right now.

Guys, don't worry...I know you didn't mean it as faith bashing...and believe me...I've had my moments of irritation when I was told that my child could be healed from Down Syndrome if I had enough faith.

I didn't mean to offend anyone. I was just having fun with LJ's comment about how folks have told her "Jesus heals." I've been told the same thing a billion times, have folks pray for me in and out of surgery, had hands laid on my head, tried acupuncture, herbs, etc. and still experience seizures, Diabetes, depression (one dr. said I am bipolar), thyroid problems..... the list goes on and on.... where is this Jesus.... my faith has worn very thin.

I just wanted to say too that I didn't mean any disrespect either. I think we all are entitled to our own beliefs.
Karen B...when I read about your son leaping up and running into a closed door I truly cringed. What an awful thing to witness.

As for the original title of the thread...weirdest place to have seizures...for some reason I often have one at the top of the stairs, in the morning after picking out the clothes for my children. I have no idea why! Thank goodness I have auras that tell me to plunk myself down in the hallway but it is quite consistent. Go figure.

LJ -- that's one of my greatest fears -- that Jon will have a seizure ON the stairs. He doesn't get to go up and down by himself these days.

Karen I hope jon has auras cause I dont and went face first down outside concrete stairs a good flight broke my radial head still cant bend my arm and seperated my shoulder.it is very good to be cautous of stairs I wasnt use to get concussions all the time now I am.not as stubborn but you seem to be getting ahold of this.

id have to say.... either on the motorway or when i was training for hairdressing, was about to wash someones hair and then it came

Back
Top Bottom