Weirdest place to have a seizure???

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I woke up in the shower last night after having a seizure. was in there for 2 hours. It was a bit cold when I came to.

SoonToBeMommy...I'm sorry. That sounds terrible. That is when cold water is not the least bit refreshing. I hope someone was around to help you and that you are feeling better today.

I still feel pretty tired and I got out myself after being in there so long. My Fiance was fast asleep in bed when it happened. It was pretty scary though.

I woke up in the shower last night after having a seizure. was in there for 2 hours. It was a bit cold when I came to.
SoontobeMommy,
It would be both scarey & dangerous to have a seizure in the shower but I'm glad you didn't do any harm to yourself. There are other members who have had seizures in the shower & injured themselves or gotten burns.

I have had partial seizures in the shower but luckily never hurt myself. I remember a few times I'd have an aura in the shower then when I came out of the partial seizure I would be out of the shower, either standing in the bathroom dripping wet or standing in my room. I never remember actually getting out of the shower so must do it some time during the aura.

yea I was sitting in the shower to begin with because of my asthma acting up then got the urge to lay down...then bam wake up 2 hours later

I can't even begin to say the number of times people have thought that my seizures were drug/alcohol related...

I cannot really say I had any "weird or funny" places. It's usually in the house.
I had one outside while a long time ago while playing by myself?

shower and bath fixtures cut people, I have had one in there before to, nothing like someone tossing a towel over you, but saying screw it and going back to sleep. "im comfy"

"little boxes..... "

I had one in a community while running, and all the houses looked alike.
While post-tictal and aphasic, I also knocked on the wrong door because i thought it was mine, thankfully they knew it was me and knew what was going on.

the city bus.

I finally had one in a public place about a month ago. On the city bus of all places which resulted in the usual trip to the hospital. Im sure it freaked many of the other people on the bus out. Hopefully it will be a while before I have one in a public place again.

Had bad aura locked myself in a public toilet maybe not the smartest thing to do but saved the embardasment luckily also just bought new jeans so wetness was resolved too thank god....wont be so lucky next time

Wow! I wish my ex employers were that understanding about me having seizures at work! It sounds like they were really understanding. No matter where you have a seizure, it always seems to be a drama doesn't it? :/ the oddest please I've had one was probably under the sink at work lol. Not as odd as some of the others here. I did insist on a twenty minute nap after I came out of the post ictal state though lol, right there under the sink. So glad your little one is okay, dread to think of how that could of turned out <3

Had srizes in whole lot of weird places at work including top of the stairs dog, dunno if I posted this :-D

Laura, glad you insisted on your 20 minute nap! Jon usually needs an hour or two nap after a seizure. Fortunately he hasn't had one in 3 months now (yay!!) but since I started this thread, he had a couple in the taxi, one in the middle of the mall... One thing we've noticed is that since he's become seizure free again, he hasn't had this need to tunnel or go hide under a table -- this was a very common behavior when he was having lots of seizures every day.

At an Orbital gig.Strobe lights kicked in and i wanted to hit the deck.Came round for the song 'Satan' though.Awesome gig!

Inca trail

I feel a bit daft adding mine because it is so mild in comparison to the experiences you have had, but I thought it might give you a laugh! I am not diagnosed so may not actually be a seizure, but they think it may be simple, partial temporal lobe epilepsy. I have episodes of intense déjà Vu with horrendous fear, nauseau and audio visual hallucinations which occur around the time of my period. I was trekking the Inca trail to Machu Pichu, Peru a couple of weeks ago and suddenly wham it hits, the déjà vu and utter fear. I feel so scared when they happen and had only just met the other Trekkers the day before so I called out for my partner who was taking pictures, i always say 'it's happening' which must sound rather forebording! he found me and we sat down on a rock and counted together to try and focus on the numbers rather than the sensations. I was convinced as usual when i have them that the events have occured before and i know exactly what will happen next including what people will do or say. When I told a friend with a dark sense of humour she was like 'well surely you must have known it couldn't have you have never been to Peru and the Inka trail before!' Well you'd think!!!

I was told I had epilepsy because I was evil. I was singing in front of the congregation. A duet and a choir. I was the only white girl.lol I fell in the middle of the song and they started praising god cause they though I was in the spirit. I look back on it and its funny. But was not funny is they are still doing that to people. I was 18. They told me I was evil. And then the pastor hit on me. There church is on tv now. sick.

Had a motor seiz about a month ago at Walmart and knocked the fruit cups off the floor causing a clean up.

In 2000 while pulling into a parking spot at Norfolk Naval Base to see my husband, from a 6 month deployment. Saw him when I woke up and our boys and him were next to my hospital bed.

Weirdest place for me was, when I was still working, at work! I would have one, be on the ladder, and come out of it sitting on the floor 2 or 3 aisles away with co-workers leaning over me trying to get me to tell them what was wrong.

Back
Top Bottom