welding and photosensitivity - stoopid question

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

joey

New
Reaction score
i have been given a mig welderand i was thinking about using it but then i forgot about the spark . it might mess with my e. maybe if i use it for just a short time maybe, i know it sounds very dangerous but i really dont care about danger. can you guys give me some of your thoughts to help me think about it , thanks friends.
loco.gif

How bad is your seizures right noe!

Joey,
Are you photosensitivity or does certain kinds of lights bother you? Because if it doesn't and your seizures are well controlled than there shouldn't be a problem! Just wear eye protection!
David

David's got a good point

If you're not photosensitive, then it shouldn't be too big of a deal........

well i have taken a test with all the wires connected to me and they were flashing a bunch of lights and they said there was some kind of neorological activity well im not sure what they said but i dont think a welding spark should be that bad. once i have a project i will let you guys what happens.
smiley-welder.gif

Did you get a welder's helmet (eye protection)? Please use proper safety equipment. As others have said, if you aren't photosensitive and are well controlled, there shouldn't be a problem. If you think there is a possibility you might have a seizure while welding, you need to consider the seriousness of the possible consequences.

i have the speacial eye wear and i love to build lowrider bicycles so im gonna give it a try.

Don't risk it! You should just send the welder to me and avoid the risk.
Seriously, discuss it with your Neuro. Most Dr's will dicuss something that simple over the phone for a few minutes at the end of their day.

Welding never bother my seizures. I use to weld all the time until it started affecting my eyesight. I use to be a welder at one of the jobs I use to have. Just make sure you're wearing all safety equipment: helment, welding gloves. There's even welding sleeves if you want to use them. Use caution when welding.

Back
Top Bottom