What a seizure looks like in the brain

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I thought this was quite interesting [ame="http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5419914n&tag=segementExtraScroller;housing/"]"You Are Looking at a Seizure!" - 60 Minutes - CBS News[/ame]

Yes, it makes it pretty clear what's going on, doesn't it?

Oh, Wow.

I don't think I've ever seen a better way to depict, or even explain a seizure.... such a graphical representation is perfect for so many people to understand!

Thanks, Jake! :)

Very interesting. And that's why I've mentioned several times on this forum how things like radio, radar, cell phones/cell phone towers, cordless phones, wireless internet, etc... have the potential to serve as 'triggers' for seizures in some, yet I rarely get responses to my posts? The microwave radiation emitted from cell phones and towers, for instance, can interfere with cellular signaling, and I believe all wireless technology is potentially dangerous to those with epilepsy. I was using a cordless phone heavily when these seizures first began, too.

Read this whole thing, but...

Cell Phone Radiation and Your Brain – An Expert Weighs In
by Dr. Devra Lee Davis

Lack of Brain Tumor Epidemic Does Not Prove Safety of Cell Phones; Warning Labels Needed

http://www.healthwatchersnews.com/2011/04/cell-phone-radiation-and-your-brain-an-expert-weighs-in/

Sharing Morgan’s concerns, EHT scientific advisor Richard A. Stein, M.D., Ph.D., said, “By using radio-labeled PET scans to examine glucose and energy metabolism in the brain of healthy adult volunteers, the NIDA team got as close as one can get to visualize brain metabolism and brain activity in real time, in response to non-ionizing radiation. Their results validate and reinforce previous reports that used other experimental approaches, and have found that microwave radiation altered cellular signaling pathways and brain activity.

...I actually emailed this researcher about my concerns, and she left a message for me on my answering machine that she would like to discuss my concerns, but I wasn't home and I've yet to be able to talk to her because she travels a lot and is difficult to reach.

That was really interesting, thanks for posting.

I never actually thought about what a seizure actually looks like in the brain before.

Back
Top Bottom