What are some of your hobbies?

What are some of your hobbies?

• I like to read or write.

Votes: 49 53.8%
  • I'm an outdoors kind of person. (fishing, hunt, camp, hike, swimming, etc)

Votes: 36 39.6%
  • I like music. (listening or playing a musical instrument)

Votes: 53 58.2%
  • What's a hobby?

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • I enjoy collecting things. (coins, stamps, baseball cards, etc)

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • I have a green thumb. (gardening, flowers, etc)

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I enjoy making things. (build models, woodworking, knitting, etc)

Votes: 36 39.6%
  • I play sports. (football, baseball, hockey, etc)

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • I love to cook. (bake, cook, enjoy trying new recipes, etc)

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • I enjoy computers and games. (playing games, using computers, etc)

Votes: 38 41.8%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Your carvings are great Nancy.

I am probably fairly boring but I like using the puter, cross stitching.

I wouldn't say this is a hobby but I also do a bit of voluntary work which I really enjoy because some of the vol work gives me experience. It also keeps my brain active, helps me with my confidence & I also know that I am appreciated.

Last edited:
0,,2007401863,00.jpg

Wow. :eek:

I used to like to sew, did a lot of it. I have a $1000.00 sewing machine. Since I've been on Lamictal and Topamax I don't feel like doing anything, I'm to tired. I take care of my kids and the house, and go to work.

I use to love baking, cooking and reading books .

Now I am just back reading books. Stopped baking and cooking in 1990.

Riva

I use to make collages on wood . I use to bake and cook up a storm.

Now I just read!!! Walk twice a day . Do Yoga daily.

Maybe in a few months I will start back doing collages , baking and cooking.

Its sad I am not the person I was !!!!!!! But maybe somebody better will develop?????
You never know??????

Riva

My hat off to you Robin!!!! I went to your web sites and looked at your beautiful work

I can truly understand why you love what you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Riva

Robin, your art work is beautiful! Thank you for sharing that!:tup:

ROBIN?

Do you do full size images or miniatures?

Nice work Robin. I like the paintings of the trees especially. :)

Riva - Thank you, I do love it. Put it on a shelf for many years while I raised children, and then decided to pick it up again, and ... well somehow I am managing along with taking care of my youngest.

Birdbomb - thank you, you are welcome.

Brain - certainly not FULL size, but they range from the smallest at 8"x10" to a large piece I am doing that is 36"x48".
I don't do miniatures, except perhaps when I sketch.

Bernard - that is interesting, because I was really attracted to trees after Rebecca started having seizures. The limbs reminded me of the structure of the brain. They also are the symbol of life, and to have strength you need firm roots. I continue to be fascinated by them.

Hey Bernard, thanks for bringing up Legos. Since my brain injury I haven't been able to do a lot of things I used to do.

One thing I did years ago when my 19 year old son was little was to play Legos with him. It was fun. I have a huge plastic tub of Legos. I think I'll get them out and see what I can do. Sounds like fun as well as good brain exercise.

Kerin

Robin - Painting was the major love in my life until I found wood carving ~ er, ah, well, it found me in 1987 :) ~
Your painting ARE lovely. Thanks for showing us.

Thank you for looking, I feel blessed to be able to share them.
Do you have any wood carvings that you can show us, or paintings?

LOL - Robin, I have one of those junky sites with HUNDREDS of photos of carvings and just 6 photos of paintings..... I think I was painting before cameras were invented.

Thanks to the scary tumor I lost the ability to carve and I've just now started to regain it.

http://community.webshots.com/user/nancymo44

Nancy - oh I do hope you are able to regain your ability. These are wonderful!
What a pleasure to be able to see what you do. Creativity is such a good release.
I hope you share pictures of any new pieces that you do.

I now do for a living what I love to do.
I am an Artist

www.rednews5.blogspot.com
www.robinneudorfer.com

WOW! your art work is AWSOME!!!

I love to draw I havent for a while .... not because of meds just to busy.

Ive wanted some oil paints for a long time around christmas i bring it up..... still looking under the tree every year...

I picked up on some of my hubbies hobbys like sky diving tried it once it was fun and scary ... was on the couch a week after though... lol

#1 drawing
# 2 photography
# 3 making things in the yard waterfalls ect..
I was givin some pond lining a few months ago havent used it yet...

Back
Top Bottom