What are some of your hobbies?

What are some of your hobbies?

• I like to read or write.

Votes: 49 53.8%
  • I'm an outdoors kind of person. (fishing, hunt, camp, hike, swimming, etc)

Votes: 36 39.6%
  • I like music. (listening or playing a musical instrument)

Votes: 53 58.2%
  • What's a hobby?

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • I enjoy collecting things. (coins, stamps, baseball cards, etc)

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • I have a green thumb. (gardening, flowers, etc)

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I enjoy making things. (build models, woodworking, knitting, etc)

Votes: 36 39.6%
  • I play sports. (football, baseball, hockey, etc)

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • I love to cook. (bake, cook, enjoy trying new recipes, etc)

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • I enjoy computers and games. (playing games, using computers, etc)

Votes: 38 41.8%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I twitcher well I was until me eyes went west.so at moment sitting on my bum hope to have my garden nature reserve soon breed crested newts

I read and write both for a hobby and for a living. I'm also very outdoorsy and active, although my knee is giving me trouble so I'm trying to back off for a bit. I hike with some friends every Thursday, I ride horses, and I was training for a half marathon but I can't run anymore until I have surgery on my knee. I also enjoy animals-- training, learning about them, and so forth; canoeing, being outside, movies, and I love hot chocolate. I want to travel to Austria to have the best hot chocolate in the world. :) And then once I'm done drinking it, I will come home. ;)

I tried horse riding blimmy hard work I gave up.i have this vision of walking around the country I done the Welsh and northan Ireland bit just got do Scotland and more England and that took me few years so I got get move on.
To connect it to the thread wher young woman died doing my marathons around country my confidence do waver due to e

I love cross-stitching and have won prizes at county fairs for my work. But I haven't done much recently because most of my time is spent just being with my son and doing what he wants to do. He is an only child and by his own choice he has no friends, so we spend a lot of time together. He has Sensory Processing Disorder and has trouble being around people.

While helping him with his school lessons (he schools at home through an online high school), I discovered that I am good at creating things on the computer. So far he studied Computer Literacy (Python coding), Web Design, Image Design & Editing, and Digital Arts. He is currently taking C++ Programming and a Game Design course. I download the software to my computer and do the lessons right along with him. I find writing computer code challenging, but in a way relaxing because I have that satisfying feeling of eventually solving the challenge.

I also love to read--always have a book with me. Mostly, I read fiction--fantasy, adventure, mystery, etc. Can't deal with horror stories like the stuff Stephen King writes. I like to read everything by one author before moving on to another, lol...I recently finished reading everything written by co-authors Lincoln Child and Douglas Preston (love the Pendergast series). Now, I am making my way through the works of Paul Christopher.
In addition to reading books for myself, I also spend time reading out loud to my son. He has no trouble reading on his own, but he just really enjoys hearing me read and I love reading aloud. We are currently reading the Narnia series by C.S. Lewis and after that we will start the Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey.

I really enjoy creative writing and have written some articles for pay. I have ideas for writing my own short stories, but haven't really gotten far. Maybe, someday...

I have worked on researching our family tree and I found out that my great-great grandparents on my dad's side are actually buried not far from here. They were born in the late 1800s and were the first generation of his family to come to USA from Germany. My great-great grandfather fought in the US Civil War. On Veteran's Day last year, I took my 90 year old dad and my son to visit the cemetery to make that connection to our past and honor his service.

Has he or you tried that art the word alludes me.you download the app with artist palate and amazing pic you can do which unlikely by hand.You send your upload pics once a month and your forum votes.It very addictive and it do something very positive to brain alas not for my brain but if you got imagination sky the limit

When the season's allow it,I like to hike and fish.
My primary hobby is Ham radio. (K9ASE)

Back
Top Bottom