What are some of your hobbies?

What are some of your hobbies?

• I like to read or write.

Votes: 49 53.8%
  • I'm an outdoors kind of person. (fishing, hunt, camp, hike, swimming, etc)

Votes: 36 39.6%
  • I like music. (listening or playing a musical instrument)

Votes: 53 58.2%
  • What's a hobby?

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • I enjoy collecting things. (coins, stamps, baseball cards, etc)

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • I have a green thumb. (gardening, flowers, etc)

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I enjoy making things. (build models, woodworking, knitting, etc)

Votes: 36 39.6%
  • I play sports. (football, baseball, hockey, etc)

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • I love to cook. (bake, cook, enjoy trying new recipes, etc)

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • I enjoy computers and games. (playing games, using computers, etc)

Votes: 38 41.8%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

KOI - doesn't anyone have KOI?

I used to read all the time but I have trouble holding books - so someone introduced me to Audible and now I am addicted. I either have a book running or music on my ipod night and day.

Now Koi are my addiction. I forced my husband to agree to buy our house because there was a pond already here. We have 10 Koi right now - 3 of which are fry (babies) from our adult koi. There are some goldfish in there too. I am not a koi pro - I am a koi crazy person who stumbles along learning as I go.
I take a lot of photos. My husband bought me a good camera (read: professional) and that is my second hobby.

Sometimes I combine the two and take pictures of my KOI!

Last edited by a moderator:
Koi are fish who's only purpose in life is to make you stop and enjoy life. :)
I added a link in the post above to some pictures of my koi. I have the 'domestic shorthair' of koi. Nothing unusual. Just pretty and they make me sit still and relax for a while. Worth the work to keep the pond clean and the fish fed.

koi.jpg

Ok THOSE are the 2000 dollar kind. :-0 !! They are really pretty! Mine are the -- bought them when they were 2 inches long so I paid 10 bucks kind - who are now about the 200 dollar kind -

Gardening has always been a hobby for me, but with the increasing Dallas heat...I am limited on doing this. My friend is a photographer and is teaching me...it's great therapy for my arm and hand.

What I do for a hobby, some people don't consider a hobby. I do powerlifting for a hobby.

JGB, I also garden. Well you might call it that. I try to grow giant pumpkins. Not a very good year so far, but last year I grew 6 with a total weight of over 3,000 pounds. My 728 is in my pic.

I think working in the garden is good for my E. It relieves a lot of stress and gives my brain down time.

As a hobbie I like to write letters, listen to music, ride my bike, swimming, & walk on the beach. There is more, but that is what I do the most of. It relaxes me and gets my mind off everything.

I'm slowly working on learning computer animation, to create some short videos with characters focusing on the subject of epilepsy. Also, building up a website of my own and continuing with the community forum as well. :)

I have some unusual hobbies!

Every since I was a boy scout I like to still collect memorobilia from scouts.

I also like collecting all kinds of mugs.

I like collecting Dr. Pepper memorabilia that is antiques

I like Van Gogh and other artists, plus poems, inpirational quotes, and people.

I love all all kinds of music especially christian contemporary, country, blue grass.

David

Last edited:
You know I love my music. I do love my art to. I really love the artists in Seattle. And certain writers. And I love to dance.

There are some awesome artists in Seattle. I love it there.

Well, if you ever come my way you have a place to stay. And I know all the great places to go! In fact I am up there Monday!Seattle is like Europe. It's so Diverse.

I'm a knitwit and crochet bug......always have a project of some kind on the go. I love to walk as well.

Deb

My hobbies are:
writing, walking,collecting stuffed animals,postcards,bookmarks and recipes.
Belinda:pop:

:ponder: :banana:

I collect stamps and coins--my stamp collection numbers greater than 10,000.
I love to sew & quilt, but currently have no place to pursue this hobby as much I'd like to.
I also enjoy cooking, but due to complex partial seizures I can't w/o supervision.
I love doing fill-in word puzzles (not crosswords) & jigsaw puzzles

I love to write poetry and short stories
I collect pig nick nacs if I still had all my pigs I would have over 1100 pigs in the house
between pot holders, cook jars, place mates, a pig clock, and much more.
I've also enjoyed music most of my life and I have a brother in law that has worked with
Collin Raye, Garth Brookes, Trace Adkins and a few other professional singers.

I also enjoy listening to country music. My favorites include Kenny Rogers, Garth Brooks, Randy Travis, & Ricky Van Shelton. My favorite groups are Alabama & Highway 101. When I began listening to music, most of my friends listened to country, so I never developed a taste for rock.

Back
Top Bottom