What are some of your hobbies?

What are some of your hobbies?

• I like to read or write.

Votes: 49 53.8%
  • I'm an outdoors kind of person. (fishing, hunt, camp, hike, swimming, etc)

Votes: 36 39.6%
  • I like music. (listening or playing a musical instrument)

Votes: 53 58.2%
  • What's a hobby?

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • I enjoy collecting things. (coins, stamps, baseball cards, etc)

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • I have a green thumb. (gardening, flowers, etc)

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I enjoy making things. (build models, woodworking, knitting, etc)

Votes: 36 39.6%
  • I play sports. (football, baseball, hockey, etc)

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • I love to cook. (bake, cook, enjoy trying new recipes, etc)

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • I enjoy computers and games. (playing games, using computers, etc)

Votes: 38 41.8%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I didn't know there were age restrictions
on Hobbies?

I've seen on hobby kits:
For Ages 6 to 99.

:banana:

That is romantic. Let me know how those tomatoes and corn come out. When I go back for my family reunion this year I get to eat corn. Real corn. uncooked yummy corn.

Eating uncooked corn. ooohhh!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My LP collection melted. Somehow it got put in the attic. It is kind of sad, but I don't listen to music much anymore. Still...... maybe I can find some of the more sentimental stuff on cd. Music sure brings memories back quickly.

Hmmmmm....Just realized I voted, but didn't say what I like to do! :)

Let's see, I've been a reader ever since I was in 3rd grade. If there's a book around, I'll read it. :) I also love baking. It brings down the stress level, and I can eat the outcome. :) (teaching my girls this...but they have a hard time with understanding that measuring stuff out and being patient is important) I've painted (oils), crochet (Still do it....helped me cut back on smoking....), tatted (have forgotten how :(), cross stitch (still do it), needlepoint (mainly on pillowcases and sheets), sketch/chalk (haven't done this in ages....).... Hmmmm....the funny thing is, I'm actually passing some of these skills on to my girls. Okay, so I know these skills sound stereotypically non-feminist, but at least they'll be able to add some comfort and beauty to their homes some day.

Hmmmmm....Just realized I voted, but didn't say what I like to do! :)

Let's see, I've been a reader ever since I was in 3rd grade. If there's a book around, I'll read it. :) I also love baking. It brings down the stress level, and I can eat the outcome. :) (teaching my girls this...but they have a hard time with understanding that measuring stuff out and being patient is important) I've painted (oils), crochet (Still do it....helped me cut back on smoking....), tatted (have forgotten how :(), cross stitch (still do it), needlepoint (mainly on pillowcases and sheets), sketch/chalk (haven't done this in ages....).... Hmmmm....the funny thing is, I'm actually passing some of these skills on to my girls. Okay, so I know these skills sound stereotypically non-feminist, but at least they'll be able to add some comfort and beauty to their homes some day.
There are several incredible sites on the web that hold reproductions of numerous pieces of music.
http://www.gemm.com/
http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/main.jsp
http://www.parnassusrecords.com/catalogs.htm
http://www.amazon.com
http://www.rhapsody.com/home.html
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
http://www.bordersstores.com
http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/
to just name a few....

I almost matched my LP collection. Analog recordings on LPs need to be converted to digital formats, then written to CDs or MP3 formats. I'm still hunting for a few great recordings.

I'm sure there are hundreds of other styles of music out there just waiting for listeners.

Wow..That's wonderful ...all the cross stitching and needlepoint. I never had enough patience for it.It bothers my eyes. I love to cook/bake also and my 13 yr. old daughter enjoys it too. I have also loved reading ever since I can remember. Loved Nancy Drew books. And how about the Little House books? I loved them both! Do you ladies remember those? Or guys...Hardy Boys??
Now I will read anything from poetry,romance to autobiographies,spiritual to you name it. Anyways..it's fun to hear what other people like. I have really enjoyed my bird feeders and birdwatching lately. But this BIG FAt squirrel(I call him Twiggy) is eating the birds out of house and home!! I figure he needs to eat too! : ) But boy I am going through bird seed!! WHEW! And then there are some wild outdoor (2?) kitties that come. We have indoor ones, but I don't have the heart to not feed them. I am the neighbor always finding the dog that gets lost and the cats just know I am such a sucker!! I really should live on a farm...We do live in the burbs with a nice big yard. But I don't have the whole barn thing. That'd be neat!

Michelle

I am an admitted foodie. I can spend literally hours at the store looking at all the new products, things that you read about but haven't tried. Some of my favorite reading is recipes.
I love photography. Years ago, we put a darkroom in the spare bedroom. Lost interest in that, but with the advent of digital photography, I'm back at it again. Started out in iPhoto and then bought Aperature. Got a nice Canon 40D for my birthday. I enjoy taking pictures of nature. I remember my first camera. I was 12. My father was a photo bug and gave me one of those cameras that have the flip up top viewfinder and everything's upside down. He gave me one roll of film and showed me how to thread it(it was on a spool). He had his own darkroom; he developed my roll of film and told me it was a waste of time. I never got any more film, but I did enjoy framing stuff upside down in the viewfinder.
I have always enjoyed music. When I was ten, my father said no daughter of his was going to get hooked on rock and roll and he gave me a stack of classical music albums. One of them was the Nutcracker; it had a book with it that talked about the music in detail, scene by scene. I fell in love with it. Didn't know it was supposed to be Christmas music! Today, my love of classical music goes on. I do like jazz as well; picked that up from my hubby. While I like easy listening, I find I like music without words when I just want to chill out and concentrate on listening to the music.
I enjoy sitting out in the backyard, dusk and dawn, and watching the birds. I am fascinated by them. I love to watch the hawks fly on the downdrafts. We have a scissor-tail flycatcher that does aerial ballet for me. I have never put out feeders; I'm thinking about doing that now so I can take pictures of them. We have squirrels so I guess I'll be feeding them too. Out in the backyard yesterday, I found a box turtle. The puppy next door was having a fit because she couldn't get to it so I moved it to another part of the yard. I didn't see it this morning.
I enjoy reading; didn't for a long time; said I was an educated non-reader. I am back to trying to read all the "classics." I have a list I'm working from. When I was a little kid, we had a bookmobile that came every Tues to a lot across from us. I'd get half dozen books at a time. By the time I was in fifth grade, they were letting me check out adult books-mostly nonfiction. They screen what I was checking out. Always been a voracious reader.
Like someone else here mentioned, I too have an expensive sewing machines. It does embroidery and quilts as well as regular sewing. When I was younger, I made all my own clothes and tailored suits and coats. When I started on the seizure meds, I lost all my ability to focus long enough and clearly enough to be able to sew. I'm hoping that that will change now that I'm off meds. I'd like to try journal quilting-saw a show about that yesterday. Could couple that with my photographic and computer skills.
Sorry this has been so long.

Hobbies

My hobbies are:Watching Formula 1 on TV.I normally do cardmaking,but since I started to take Gabapentin,my creativity seems to be drifting away.I went back to my cross stitching,doing a dalmation for my daughter,but I very recently had a bad seizure which caused Todd's paralysis on my right side,which is getting better slowly, so I'm unable to do that at the moment...My F1 is keeping me busy though,as is the internet.

My hobbies are:Watching Formula 1 on TV.I normally do cardmaking,but since I started to take Gabapentin,my creativity seems to be drifting away.I went back to my cross stitching,doing a dalmation for my daughter,but I very recently had a bad seizure which caused Todd's paralysis on my right side,which is getting better slowly, so I'm unable to do that at the moment...My F1 is keeping me busy though,as is the internet.
What is Formula 1? It sounds like car racing, but I could be totally wrong.

What does Todd's paralysis feel like? Is it a temporary thing?

Please excuse my ignorance. I know more about other stuff like math, music, psychology, technical things, various books and my dog, a border collie.

Right now, I am staying iindoors with air conditioning (for my dog, of course). We're experiencing extremely hot weather.

Last edited:
Formula one...

Is car racing...there was a race at Indianapolis until last year...My doctor says the Todd's paralysis is a temporary thing,it does pass but can take some time...He has now put me on a 2 week course of prednisolone to help with the lasting effects....

Is car racing...there was a race at Indianapolis until last year...My doctor says the Todd's paralysis is a temporary thing,it does pass but can take some time...He has now put me on a 2 week course of prednisolone to help with the lasting effects....
Prednisoline sounds familiar. I think my dog got that last fall for allergies. I think the vet usually gives her a one week supply. Maybe it was prednisone?

Anyway, thanks for educating me about Formula 1. It sounded like baby food.

Back
Top Bottom