What are some of your hobbies?

What are some of your hobbies?

• I like to read or write.

Votes: 49 53.8%
  • I'm an outdoors kind of person. (fishing, hunt, camp, hike, swimming, etc)

Votes: 36 39.6%
  • I like music. (listening or playing a musical instrument)

Votes: 53 58.2%
  • What's a hobby?

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • I enjoy collecting things. (coins, stamps, baseball cards, etc)

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • I have a green thumb. (gardening, flowers, etc)

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I enjoy making things. (build models, woodworking, knitting, etc)

Votes: 36 39.6%
  • I play sports. (football, baseball, hockey, etc)

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • I love to cook. (bake, cook, enjoy trying new recipes, etc)

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • I enjoy computers and games. (playing games, using computers, etc)

Votes: 38 41.8%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

art work

The Crown Jewel nice one :) Mulberry Tree I like that one too! & Eaton’s Meadow...
A Taste of My Dreams I love this one :) relaxing to look at
reminds me of a good nights sleep with sweet dreams ...

may be if my husband sees your webpage he will buy me some oil paints n art stuff " smile"

Thank you Angel. You say such nice things.
I hope your husband hears you and buys you some art supplies. Though it can be fun to just get a sketchbook and draw in it every day. Everyone will catch on that it is important to you.

Thank you Angel. You say such nice things.
I hope your husband hears you and buys you some art supplies. Though it can be fun to just get a sketchbook and draw in it every day. Everyone will catch on that it is important to you.

"Though it can be fun to just get a sketchbook and draw in it every day." I might just do that :) ..
I'm going back to bed .... drinking water & Cranberry Juice 100% no sugar added lol it helps but every drink makes your lips pucker:lol::razz2:

My hobby turned into my passion. A few of my pieces have been in a restaurant in Pasadena, CA and tonight is an Artist Reception put on by the restaurant and the California Art Club. Art is a wonderful release of all that life gives us to bear.

I learned to crochet from my grandmother and mom, when I was about 7 yrs old and have been a "happy hooker" ever since. I do my own design work and find that crochet completely eliminates the need to ever use a tranquillizer.

I agree Zoe, I put nervous or patiently waiting energy into knitting. These days Rebecca and I make squares that are donated to a local charitable organization that provides blankets for a convelescent hospital. It is relaxing.

Zoe? Latch Hook?

I learned to crochet from my grandmother and mom, when I was about 7 yrs old and have been a "happy hooker" ever since. I do my own design work and find that crochet completely eliminates the need to ever use a tranquillizer.

HEY ZOE??

Have you ever considered ... LATCH-HOOKING?
It's seriously addicting!

I'm a serious crafter - and while I've sold
tons of crafting books from macrame to
leather crafting (Yes I do them all and have
taught classes, but had to quit because of
Carpal Tunnels on both hands).

I've had so much of this personal stuff
(I would buy them at yard sales, moving
sales, or people would give them to me
because they lost interest) and had them
in boxes ... and like a painter (YES - I
painted too - OIL (that's expensive and
slow work) until the fumes would trigger
seizures. LATCH-HOOKING on your own
leaves little to your imagination!

You can actually purchase just the canvas
and either cut yarn your sizes you want
(Lengths) and Latch Away! I STILL have
the last masterpiece in the Florida Room
which reminds you of the 70s' "shag rugs"
that killed vacuum cleaners ... :lol:

My son would KILL me if I got rid of it, it's
still in those 70s colors. It's so comfortable,
and colors are: Black, Teal & Pink. It is a
little faded due to age (I think I did it in
1975 or 76) and it's so huge, 8' x 5.5'.

Sorry for the dark photo, the flash could
only go so far. And the carpet is damaged
due to my ex and all those tenants he had
during the divorce. I had to move the coffee
table so you could see it. It's the last of all
the latch hooks I have. Only my mom has
all the pillows I made which she use for her
home decor.

rug.jpg

I enjoy a good body-building session down the gym - it's a great way to release any build up off tension.

The other main hobby I have is car detailing.....unfortunately not mine cuz I can't drive !..damn the E !!!

my hobbies

I like to do several different hobbies, I think sometimes to many because I can have a hard time deciding which one to do when I am able to do something.
Right now I am just into doing word search and fill in puzzles.
I can crochet, some sewing, and I've done alot of plastic canvas things.
I also like to read, these days I have a hard time remembering the next day what I read the day before in a book. That's a real bummer.
I do several other things, my husband has told me sevral times that I need to get rid of some of the stuff I have, like about 10 tubs of just yarn. He knows I am a pack rat and I will not get rid of any of my craft stuff or my books and more.

Tammy

Hi Stringbean - I have many projects going at one time too. I enjoy knitting so now I knit smalll squares and donate them to a convalescent home where they sew them into blankets for the elderly. That might be a way to use all of that yarn. I don't have to think much when I do it, I just make 6 inch squares. You might ask a local home if they have that need.
Also once I realized that I would never use the fabric that I had, I learned to donate that as well. Schools and art centers like having it for projects for the kids.

We creative types have all sorts of ideas swirling around in our head, and of course never have time for all of it. We have good intentions but time does play a factor.

You say you love to play word puzzles... well we have also made books of the free ones in the paper (unused of course) and given them to the senior center.

One is never bored when they have the creative gene.

I love arts and crafts mostly rubber stamping and paper crafts. I used to enjoy beading but my tremors got so bad that it became very frustrating.

I love to read, I have my own online book club if anyone is interested! :) I don't know if I need permission to post a link to it here.

My husband and I love the Colorado mountains, hiking and 4WD.

We have 3 dogs, Italian Greyhounds, and I love to play with them and snuggle in front of the TV or a DVD!

Last edited:
I love both music and art. I play piano in my spare time. I also love to draw.
I have one really active and affectionate dog who walks with me every night. She's a great partner.

:bump: Thought it would be fun to see more hobbies added.

:) Seems to me this poll confirms my theory. Music soothes the savage Epilepsy beast!

It's a shame that medical science hasn't found a way to harness the power of music to help us more. I'd wouldn't mind wearing a small ear piece that plays music to relax the source of epileptic activity.

As for my hobbies, I've expanded on my LEGO hobby. You can check my signature for my site.
*Note* it has some animation, but it shouldn't bother anyone.

ativities

During the winter I like to read and to work on the model RR O gauge a work in progress. Like to spend time with the family we are all active archers the boys Brandon and Collin have both set several State records, and have become grand champions over the last couple of year the wife Pam also took grand champion last year me well. I participate do my best and take lots of pictures. Love to canoe / camp andwant to make a cedarstrip canoe with the boys this summer.

Jerry

Oh, you KNOW I'm jumpin' in here!.......

:) Seems to me this poll confirms my theory. Music soothes the savage Epilepsy beast!

Don't get me started BIGMAN!!!!...you know where I stand on this one!
:piano:

It's a shame that medical science hasn't found a way to harness the power of music to help us more. I'd wouldn't mind wearing a small ear piece that plays music to relax the source of epileptic activity.

iPod nano is doin' it for me!.....I've DEFINITELY been feeling better since I loaded it up with 'good stuff' I've been gathering!
:rock:

BTW, the LEGO-work....VERY cool!

Peace

Last edited:
I love people! Cooking and having gatherings with family and friends. Our kids are teens...so we are always busy with them going here and there. Soccer is big for us. I actually met my husband in H.S. (24 yrs. ago) at soccer practice. My girlfriends dragged me along to help the team and primarily to meet boys. Even though I had another boyfriend this obviously worked out! Ha! He still plays, as does our 16 1/2 yr. old son. Our daughter is girlie, so we love to shop!! Do lunch! And just hang out doing whatever. I love to read. And I especially love doing things for others. Even little things. Smile at someone or help a little old lady/man with their groceries. Call a lonely friend or neighbor. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true! It really makes you feel good. We love hanging out with friends. Sometimes going out, or just watching football. I love sports!! I was a cheerleader in my younger days, and still love to watch. Hubby is very lucky!!! I keep him updated on scores sometimes. I also love politics and fox news! I try to keep up on everything going on around us. I love the outdoors. We grew up in Florida and I love the beach! I also love fishing and boating! However, I am so glad to have a change of seasons now and LOOOOVE the Autumn and some snow in moderation!

Robin, I just looked at your artwork. It's beautiful! I especially like the beach scenes.

One of my hobbies not on the list - I have a couple of hives of bees. I'm not a very good beekeeper, as I have never gotten any honey, but they sure are neat to observe. I also like to knit socks.

Thank you Lynn

You have a hobby that my dad had for many years. They extracted the honey in our garage. Until the neighbors complained that the increase in bees was a problem when they wanted to use their pool. It was fascinating to watch the process though.

Back
Top Bottom