What does your doctor NOT let you do?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I was diagnosed with Epilepsy only 2 months ago. This is all so new to me. My neurologist pretty much told me to kiss my passion goodbye. Nice, huh? I've always been big on riding street bikes. I just sit out on the front step staring at my bike and wondering why the hell this had to happen to me. I don't want to sell it. I don't want to never ride again. Who is he to tell me I can't?! Will I ever get better? Why is it that he says I can drive a car if I stay seizure-free for a 6-month period, but that he does not recommended ever riding motorcycles again? Does anyone out there ride ride sport bikes and have Epilepsy? At any rate, I feel your pain, Girly..... I'm about to say fuck it, too! Once I feel I have control over my body and not putting myself or others in danger, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to go back to living my life to the fullest! Currently, I do not feel it's wise to get on my bike. That would just be stupid, selfish and life-threatening. But, I'd like to hold onto hope for my future and I think you should, too. Best of luck!

I feel your pain, mine was sold while I was still in a coma. Nothing like a couple of days later thinking, "where the hell is my motorcycle."

stand.jpg

I remember the first time I saw my helmet sitting alone on the shelf. I actually cried for a bit because I don't know if I will ever be able to ride one again.

(and normally I don't ride like that. It was a photoshoot)

I'm so sorry to hear that. It sounds like you've been through far more than I could ever even begin to imagine the pain of.... emotionally, more than anything. Nice wheelie, btw! Damn!

Ack...the motorcycle thing :soap: I never told the doctor about the bike becuase I KNEW what she would say since she took away my driving privileges. My husband bought me a sportster, when my seizures started up again the sportster got taken away from me and traded in for an old ironhead which HE is converting to a bobber for himself :( I was retired to permanent passenger status. After the seizure i had last week my husband said no more so I am not even allowed that...until the sezs are completely under control no more motorcycle period.

Back
Top Bottom