What is the worst accident that has happened to you because of a seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My chief problem is falling down. Yes, I walk into walls, drop things, etc. But falling down has resulted in countless concussions and a broken foot. (Just got the cast removed. Hooray!)

glad your ok now. worst accident that happened to me was when i had a grand mal in the ocean and nearly drowned ( i was with other people). i was in hospital for a month recovering from that.

I almost drowned in the shower. It was my first seizure (what a way to start!) and it was in an old-fashioned shower with a big heavy plate glass door and a heavy half circle turn-handle.

There were three water jets on the wall and one on the ceiling and it was glorious until that day.

All of a sudden, it felt like all my blood was running out of my toes. I started to pass out and I thought, crap, I'm going to drown.

I threw myself against the shower door a few times, but couldn't get the door handle to twist.

Then I thought, OMG, I'm going to drown!

With one last thrust, I threw myself against the shower door. When I regained conciousness, my head was on the bathroom rug and the rest of me was still in the shower.

I crawled to the bathroom rug and just crouched there. (You know, fetal position.) I was too terrified to scream or cry.

my 1st seizure was in a shower also but i was 11 years old so did not know what was happening.

i can relate to being to terrified to scream or cry, its hard when you know its happening and desperately trying to get yourself to a safer position isnt it?, the worst feeling in the world i think

Back
Top Bottom