what music do you love

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
what music are you into and love?

i love finding out what music other people are into :)

i love listening to Nick Drake, Elliott Smith, Pink Floyd, REM, Joy Division and loads more.

so what do you love listening to :)

I've always liked the song "Bizarre Love Triangle". I know it's New Order, but I like to think that it refers to Ian Curtis' epilepsy ("Every time I see you falling...").

My musical tastes are all over the map -- Portishead, Air, The Bird and The Bee, Aimee Mann, Beastie Boys, Bettie Serveert, Interstate, Lucinda Williams. Just for starters...

I mainly listen to rock and metal - some death metal
Megadeath, morbid angel, Danzig, Acheron, Lord Belial, Slayer, Godsmack, (old) metallica, scorpions, the cult, type O Negative [love you to death, rip peter steele] , deftones, Adema, 10 years Wasteland, mudvayne, Otep, Opeth, Static X, Rob Zombie, slipknot, soilwork, Korn, Zao [the rising end!] Killswitch Engage [Hope IS], American Head Charge, Sevendust, Caliban [My Little Secret], Shinedown - i like hardcore death metal, thrash, goth dark and moody

Some 90's music, grunge like Soundgarden [loud love!], Pearl Jam, nirvana, bush, Live, monster magnet, stabbing westward, the prodigy, alice in chains, stone temple pilots, queens of the stone age, Tool!! Chevelle's [Vitamin R!! song about ritalin], temple of the dog, Our lady Peace [Starseed, Navid], Sneaker Pimps, Blind Melon, A perfect circle..
'
Classic rocks - led zeppelin, rush, yes, alan parsons project, pat benetar, blue oyster cult, *queensryche* , Dio, billy idol, The Who,

And some 80's music too - electronica, pet shop boys, heart, depeche mode, 80's pop, Seal (crazy) , tears for fears, flock of seagulls, david bowie, new order, spandeau ballet, peter gabriel, maxi priest, ub40, fine young cannibals,

And even some easy listening, like glen campbell, 'morning after' maureen mcgovern, john denver's fly away, herb alpert, shawn colvin, tal bachman, vertical horizon, toad the wet sprocket - soft music

depends on my mood for the day. my fallback music is usually metal though. i LOVE going to concerts!! LOL -> :rock:

Last edited:
Oh boy! I love all sorts of music from all eras, but just to name a few:

Benny Goodman (Sing, Sing, Sing is one of my all time favorites), Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys, Billie Holiday, Patsy Cline, Louis Prima, Buddy Holly, The Kingston Trio, The Beatles, Vince Guaraldi (yes, "The Peanuts" guy, just makes me smile), Otis Redding, Bill Withers, Stevie Wonder (but not his 80's stuff), David Bowie, Earth Wind & Fire, KC & the Sunshine Band, Bruce Springsteen, Rickie Lee Jones, Elvis Costello, The Clash, The English Beat, The Police, U2, REM, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Pogues, most of the 90's groups BlueSkies mentioned plus Dave Matthews Band, The Flaming Lips, Foo Fighters, Anastacia, Nora Jones, Black Eyed Peas, Dido...plus foreign language music like Buena Vista Social Club, Frances Cabrel, Stephan Eicher, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, Kasia Kowalska, Rare Tribal Mob, Gogol Bordello...

But my new favorite (new to me anyway) are the Eels.

And oh yeah, BlueSkies, Herb Albert:)

Im the same as as the above very varied,so ill rattle out a few,The Stone Roses,Portishead,Massive Attack,AC/DC,Nirvana-as long as it isnt Smell Likes Teen Spirit or In Bloom,Carter the Unstoppable Sex Macine,Babyshambles,The Libertines,The Prodigy,Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers,Spacemen 3.

The Doors,Stepenwolf,Rolling Stones,Led Zep.

Oh i forgot about Queens of the Stone Age.

Djs,Adam Beyer,Dave Angel,Darrien Kelly and of course the USA finest from Brooklyn Lenny Dee he was very popular on the hardcore circuit over here.

Phew!!! i think that will do for now,oh one last one Deadmau5 he closed T in the park this year,pretty good.:rock:

Last edited:
All genres of rock. I listen mostly to indie/alternative rock these days- Incubus, Foo Fighters, 311, etc... but love classic rock, 80s, shhh- even a little pop, the grundge stuff from the 90s, heavy metal, etc...I'm easy...

I can say - NO COUNTRY!!! NO RAP!!! NO OPERA!!!

Can ya tell I don't like country, rap or opera music? :roflmao: I'm sure there's more I don't like but I can't remember any more types other then those at the moment, lol.

I also have a pretty eclectic music taste. I like flogging Molly, within temptation, dropkick murphys, system of a down, johnny cash, tlc, Eminem, Irish folk music, mindless self indulgence. There's tons of stuff I like!

I like a mix of music. It depends on my mood as to what I listen to. I like old school 50's n 60's stuff, a lil classical for relaxing and a bit of modern for the rest of the time. I've been looking at alot of songs with nice meanings lately ("don't worry. Be happy" Bobby McFerrin and others like that)

Sent from my LG-C900k using Board Express

I was always, when younger into heavy metal 'mosher' music (the pits were fun if not slightly dangerous) one minute silence, metallica, slipknot marilyn manson, korn etc, but over the years going to music festivals got into more chilled out music (still can't understand the dance music, but do try), but got into emilie autumn, peoples string foundation, sigur ros, bundarbandid (the wedding band, (icelandic madness)) and sort of just starting to look for more creative ways people make music.

Top 7 that have changed the way I think about music/play music/feel about music, in order:

Opeth, Dream Theater, Meshuggah, Death, Necrophagist, Tool, Incubus.

Lately I've been getting down on Allan Holdsworth, I love his chording. So gorgeous and expressive, and I'm hoping to push my playing into the realm of jazz and fusion. Spawn of Possession's new album is very intense, it'll take me a few weeks to get through each layer but DAMN what a lineup! I can appreciate it as a guitarist, bassist, and drummer but there's soooo much to hear. Classical and jazz training do a lot for musicians, apparently.

I love Los Lonely Boys (a little bit of everything, kind of band), I love Josh Groban (not really a fan of opera or whatever it is his genre is, but I love his voice). I love old big band music. I love piano music (George Winston), I love the pan flute (stuff like that). I love jazz music. Not so much someone singing to jazz, but just the music. I love classical music.

I love 80's music (all kinds) and I love (don't hate me!) Country! I love the older stuff, and some of the newer stuff. My favorite, is 80's Country music ;)

I am kind of a jack of all trades. I don't care for music, I can't understand the words, or I will go deaf listening to. I don't care for most rap.

I don't listen to as much music now as I used to (I was REALLY into music in high school and college), I still love most of that stuff I listened to then (80s, 90s, alternative, ska, a bunch of random stuff) but I don't listen to it as often.
Right now I REALLY like Florence and the Machine. I just discovered her/them a few months ago from a friend. I listen to them all the time.
Here's some of what's on my Top Rated playlist on my iPod:
"Be Here Now" by Ray Lamontagne
"Night Birds" by Ryan Adams (NOT Bryan Adams. lol)
"A Thousand Years" by Sting
"New Years Day" by U2
"No Cars Go" by Arcade Fire
"Pyramid Song" by Radiohead
a bunch of songs from the "Firefly" TV show soundtrack. ;)

I mainly listen to rock and metal - some death metal
Megadeath, morbid angel, Danzig, Acheron, Lord Belial, Slayer, Godsmack, (old) metallica, scorpions, the cult, type O Negative [love you to death, rip peter steele] , deftones, Adema, 10 years Wasteland, mudvayne, Otep, Opeth, Static X, Rob Zombie, slipknot, soilwork, Korn, Zao [the rising end!] Killswitch Engage [Hope IS], American Head Charge, Sevendust, Caliban [My Little Secret], Shinedown - i like hardcore death metal, thrash, goth dark and moody
LOL my brother used to listen to so many of these! I likes 90's Metallica. I liked one or two Type O Negative songs (I don't think I'd like it now, though). My brother loved Static X and Rob Zombie! Korn was huge when I was in high school, but I never liked them. I really liked a couple of songs by Shinedown. I love "Angel's Son" by Sevendust.

Some 90's music, grunge like Soundgarden [loud love!], Pearl Jam, nirvana, bush, Live, monster magnet, stabbing westward, the prodigy, alice in chains, stone temple pilots, queens of the stone age, Tool!! Chevelle's [Vitamin R!! song about ritalin], temple of the dog, Our lady Peace [Starseed, Navid], Sneaker Pimps, Blind Melon, A perfect circle..
Ooohhh I FORGOT ABOUT STABBING WESTWARD!!! LOL I looooved some of their songs, but for the life of me I can't remember any of them right now. Oh wait, was one of them "Save Yourself"? Sneaker Pimps were awesome, but with their original singer- the one who sang "Six Underground". I went through a stage in college where I was always listening to a few of Stone Temple Pilots' older albums.

And some 80's music too - electronica, pet shop boys, heart, depeche mode, 80's pop, Seal (crazy) , tears for fears, flock of seagulls, david bowie, new order, spandeau ballet, peter gabriel, maxi priest, ub40, fine young cannibals
I love Depeche Mode! But I prefer their stuff from the 90s and early 2000s. Tears for Fears has a few awesome songs.

Diversity keeps things interesting.

Some bands and performers I enjoy are;

Dream Theater, Haggard, In Extremo, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Therion, Apocalyptica, Tool, Flogging Molly, Great Big Sea, Rammstein, Johnny Cash, Albert King, BB King, Loreena McKennitt, James Brown, Niel Diamond, Harry Chapin, Rage Against the Machine, Barry White, Sepultura, Big Wreck\Thornley, Stone Temple Pilots, Kraftwerk, CombiChrist, Lacuna Coil, Sam ROberts, Weezer, Chris Cornell/AudioSlave, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Savatage, Stratovarius, The Gathering, Tom Waits, Aesma Daeva, The Misfits/Glenn Danzig, Moxy Fruvous, Megadeth, Oomph!, Tristania, After Forever, Leadbelly, and the Bee Gees.

Oh yeah, and show tunes.

Jay

i used to be into john denver for many years and i do still like him but these days its more garth brooks and war of the worlds and the war of the worlds concert done live by jeff wayne was fantastic complete with full size tripod and pyrography (my 40th birthday pressy off the wife)

I like Noel Gallagher, Oasis, The Stone Roses, The Happy Mondays, Lush,..
Stone Temple Pilots, Smashing Pumpkins, Moist.. and of course Canada's official band.. Rush!

Sorry but after I've come all the way home from doing a demo listening to the kinda crap my wife and kids like then I don't think you can beat the sound of SILENCE I'd buy that music anyday over the rubbish in the charts

@ travel bug - I abso-freaking-lutely (my made up word) LOVE Benny Goodman's Sing Sing Sing! Since you were talking about foreign language bands, I'll say that Sigur Ros (they're Icelandic and sing in a mix of Icelandic and gibberish) is one of the best bands that I have ever heard.

I like a lot of different artists. I like Frank Sinatra, David Lanz (pianist), Julie Andrews in a few musicals, Adele, and Beck.

I absolutely LOVE Johnny Cash, Iron and Wine, Sigur Ros, Alexandre Desplat (film composer), and John Powell (film composer).

Back
Top Bottom