• 4-6 months

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • 7-12 months

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Over 1 year

Votes: 86 54.8%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

About 4 years was the longest period of time I went with no seizures as far as I am aware.

at this moment i wish i could say 4 days, i am truly getting sick to death of this lamotragine and i think my knees are too lol

I went for thirty years with out a seizure... But I guess that doesn't count because I was 30 when I had my first seizure. Since then, the longest I have gone is 5 months. I have been on Keppra, but I am starting to think that it doesn't actually help me any. I went 4 months seizure free on no meds, then 5 months after starting keppra, 3 months after upping the dose, and now I am waiting to see if I have another. It has been a little over a month so far...

SeizetheNight

about 3 or 4 years. then it all came back. :-(

i spoke to a neuro who told me he had some patients who were seizure free without meds for 20 years, and then all of a sudden, they have a seizure out of the blue. :-(

I'm in my 12th month if i make it i get to learn to drive. everyday for the past month has been like walking on eggshells.

No seizures since surgery 12-14-05. Before that, I'd guess about 2 weeks would be the longest time I went without over 36 years.

About 7 yrs, I was a child then though so I don't remember anything about having sz. until I had the first one when I was 10yrs old. Since then I have gone 18 months and the only reason why is because I had my IUD removed to try and get pregnant. That took 9 months then another 9 months while I was pg, after I had my baby (ironically 6 yrs ago today!) I started to have a sz. while in the hospital. That's when I was finally diagnosed with Catemenial Epilepsy (E. triggered by hormones)

Just recently though, the most I've gone w/out any sz. is 2 weeks. That again ironically, was 2 weeks ago today that I had my last sz. :)

Coming up on 7 years tonic-clonic free :clap: (fingers crossed). Still fighting auras and med side effects, but they are bearable. The auras let me know it is still there waiting for me to slip up on meds.

Before this, I never went more than 2 years tonic-clonic free over the previous 23 years.

Knocking on wood

I'm coming up on 8 years of being t/c free. And I'd prefer to KEEP it that way. But then there's the other types--the myo, focal and electrographic. Oh goody--but they're all nocturnal.

I average about 3-6 years between grand mals unless the doctors are fiddling with my meds. Petit mals come more like several times a year and probably more often than that. I just don't realize it.

Ironically, the longest I went without a szr, was during my pregnancy yrs! no meds, did nothing special, but during those 6 blissful years, I had no szrs!

Ironically, the longest I went without a szr, was during my pregnancy yrs! no meds, did nothing special, but during those 6 blissful years, I had no szrs!

Have you asked your neurologist if hormones might have an effect on your seizures?

Have you asked your neurologist if hormones might have an effect on your seizures?

I have not But I will for sure when I get a new doc, this one never listens.. lol
You know during the time I was on the Depo shot I had very little amount of szrs.. but alas I have a blood clotting disorder so no more Depo or any hormones I suppose for me..

I had epilepsy as baby but then went seizure free for about 22 years until I started taking seizures again in 2002.

Between 2002 & March this year (when i had the brain surgery) the longest I'd gone without taking a partial seizure is 5 -6 months. I usually take auras more often then the partial seizures so I think I had only managed to go a month without having an aura.

It's now almost 4 months since I had the brain surgery & so far I haven't had any seizures at all not even an aura. After I had the surgery I set myself a goal to still be seizure free by September (6 months after the surgery). If I am still seizure free by the end of September I will make the goal to be seizure free higher.

Last edited:
At the moment my record is two years tonic free,but that was a few years ago,im about a year now.Abscences about a month,ive never driven cos i dont see the point in spending all that money to get on the road just to have it taken away from me,but hey thats life.

Back
Top Bottom