• O (positive or negative)

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • Rh (positive or negative)

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Dont Know

Votes: 16 12.9%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Rae1889

Veteran
Reaction score
Just wondering if there is a correlation at all in blood type vs seizures. Please click only one type. im not worried about positive vs negative at this point, but if you want to include it in a response you can. voting will be anonymous.

Im Rh (which is so rare most people havent heard about it. I didnt even learn about it in school and only found out after getting a test thinking I was pregnant)

Rh blood comes with a lot of complications for pregnancy related things and is thought to be the cause of my PCOS. So I was thinking that if blood type causes issues there, why not in the brain?

I doubt the book goes over Rh type. although the part where it mentions something about epilepsy when the child is a blood type diferent than the fetus makes sense. my mum had a lot of complications with her body attacking me. Probably because of my Rh blood.

I'm O-Negative, a very common type, yet I have a very difficult seizure disorder to control.

I'm O negative, my eldest son (the one with the E) is O positive (husband is B+, my youngest kids/twins are B+ and O+)

I am A-

I found out years back after doing a heart study program out at our local hospital. My sister has the RH blood too. She had to have shots given to her during both of her pregnancies. She has two little girls, and both turned out healthy and perfect! Ages: 9 months & almost 5 years old.

Not a clue here either,must find out though.

I'm O negative. I got injections of anti-D during both my pregnancies and after I gave birth to my kids to prevent making anti bodies against their blood type.

I am A-

I found out years back after doing a heart study program out at our local hospital. My sister has the RH blood too. She had to have shots given to her during both of her pregnancies. She has two little girls, and both turned out healthy and perfect! Ages: 9 months & almost 5 years old.

Last edited:
My son (the one with E) is O positive....in fact, my hubby, other son and I are all O positive.

Why do you ask about the blood type? When a lot of people vote, we will have to see how the numbers correlate with the % in the general population.

Rh negative here. found out years ago when i had my son.Lots of problems with prengecy.:e:

I am also RH negative.
I also had all the fun issues with my pregnancy.

B+ which is rare. The blood bank is always call for donations. I havent been able to the past few months because of how I have been feeling. I have to have a few realy good weeks to be able to.

I believe I'm O negative.
I've never heard of Rh before!
Wow, over 51% of us are O type... that's about 6% higher than the national average... wonder if there's a correlation between type O blood and seizures.

Research evidence

One criticism of D'Adamo's hypotheses and recommendations claims that he provided inadequate evidence. For example, his first book, Eat Right 4 Your Type, published in 1997, contains only a bibliography. While his subsequent books have provided thorough references for the classifications of various foods within his categories of "beneficials", "neutrals", and "avoids", his specific process and reasons for reaching these conclusions of classification remain undocumented.[citation needed]

Also, by limiting the very complex human beings to just four limiting stereotypes, the blood type diet has been likened to a "blood type astrology".[15]

There is a lack of scientific evidence on the associations between disease states and ABO blood types as mentioned in Peter D'Adamo's website.[16] A search of PubMed under the author's name does not yield any peer-reviewed articles with data to support his claims. For example, his claim that elderberry can be used as a remedy for the common flu lacks scientific evidence and may be misleading. A review article by Dr. Guo and colleagues, published in the American Journal of Medicine, reports "the effectiveness of any complementary and alternative therapy for treating or preventing seasonal influenza is not established beyond reasonable doubt.[citation needed] Current evidence from randomized controlled trials is sparse and limited by small sample sizes, low methodological quality, or clinically irrelevant effect sizes."[17]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_diet#Scientific_criticism

Back
Top Bottom