When your Neurologist gives you that strange look

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone's done it but the last time I saw him, he mentioned it being a year since the seizure and I said almost a year but I wasn't thinking about the seizure, I was thinking about the brain surgery cause they were two months apart. He thought I was talking about the seizure and he gave me the strangest look, like "Is there more wrong than I thought or maybe thinking I really thought it was "almost" a year since the seizure"

I actually never told him I was thinking of the surgery, not the seizure. Maybe I should have. lol

What thing have you said to your Neurologist that got you a strange look? :ponder:

It's normally what i don't say to him that gets a funny look lol.

Last time i saw him we were coming to the end of my appointment and i knew there was something else i wanted to ask him but couldn't think what it was. He could tell i wanted to say something and just looked puzzled until i gave up and said i couldn't remember.

I setting here thinking, WHICH NEUR. AND WHICH APPT.

I don't seem to be able to get out of my mouth what I'm wanting to said correctly.
I always feel I need to hurry, this is my problem and I'm working on it.

I setting here thinking, WHICH NEUR. AND WHICH APPT.

I don't seem to be able to get out of my mouth what I'm wanting to said correctly.
I always feel I need to hurry, this is my problem and I'm working on it.

I hate feeling rushed with any doctor, especially the neuro. That "wrap it up look" I get really frustrates me. They should give us all a time out card or something. So we can recall what we want to say! I've gotten countless weird looks, because i'll confuse myself with all the dates and just rant. sigh.

Before every appointment with every doctor, I write down what I want to ask him and bring it with me, they don't mind. My doctors will give me the time I need to get the most out of my visit, which is rare.

I need to start writing more down, I ALWAYS think I will recall the important stuff. And I ALWAYS forget something. So I really do need to stop being so stubborn and keep my thoughts on paper so I have no excuse to forget!

I need to start writing more down, I ALWAYS think I will recall the important stuff. And I ALWAYS forget something. So I really do need to stop being so stubborn and keep my thoughts on paper so I have no excuse to forget!

I've tried this and I either forget to take the list with me, or forget that I have it.

I've always kept a seizure diary (I use an exercise book) & when I have an upcoming neurologist appt I type any seizures I've had as well as what meds I'm on. When I see the Neurologist all I have to do is hand them the print out to read through while I'm there which saves me trying to remember.

I also write down any questions I might have to ask the neurologist but still sometimes forget to ask them something or tell them something :roflmao:.

I do the list thing, only to get the 1st. question answer.
I now type my list of question. new medic. copy my siezure diary to GIVE to the Dr.
I don't know how many times (with the inform. in their hands, have they written me a presc. for a meds. that is on the list with the side effects.) GRRRR!
This has happen at my psychiatrist last week. I told him this presc. is for a meds. that in on that list I just gave you and I can not take this.
He said that could not be the case, that it was a NEW med. so I had to be wrong. AND ME, WHAT DID I DO --I AGREE WITH HIM.
Got home took the meds. only to have the same side effect as before. I forgot to add I paid $60.00 (co-Pay) again for a meds. I can not take.

I've thought of not only writing my concerns but when I do, instead of trying to say them all at once, give him the paper and say these are my concerns/symptoms and let him take it from there. I figure that way he would probably know more than me what is most concerning from his perspective.

Back
Top Bottom