Wheres the worst place you have had a seizure

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I cannot believe I haven't responded to this thread sooner. After reading everyone's experiences with seizures, I have to share mine, especially after reading this one:

In the tub...could of drowned...

My very TC first and the one I was seriously injured was when I was stepping out of the shower. I started feeling "strange" and so I sat down for a moment on the toilet seat until I thought that feeling subsided. When I stood up again, I suddenly felt strange again and the last thing I remember is reaching for the towel bar. The next thing I remember is being in the living room of my parent's home with the paramedics trying to get me to lie down on the stretcher. They say I was screaming, yelling, fighting back (I don't remember) because I was in the post-ictal stage. I had fallen onto the hot water and had been lying under the hot water long enough to suffer 3rd degree burns on my back, arm, and right side. I was in the hospital for two months and had numerous surgeries.
If my father had not found me when he did, I could have drowned.

But since that bad seizure, I've had more seizures, at home and in public, even after brain surgery. Once when I was out on a walk, I went into a TC. A kind lady knew what to do and when I came out of it she took me home. She even told the small crowd that had gathered that not to call 911 when someone suggested it.

And then another one in a church parking lot..... these were all TC seizures.
Have had plenty of CPs where no one would know if they don't know a thing about E.

Thank you Cint for sharing your experiences and for all the others who have contributed to this thread.It is good for recently diagnosed people to read this thread and and understand the kind off places seizures can occur.It,s not always a nice lush green lawn im afraid.

Actually not quite sure what kind of seizure it was even if it was one (that specific time)...but this was before I was on a controlled dose of medication...most noticeably my symptoms would be in the morning...right after I'd wake up...feeling disoriented and extremely groggy like I hadn't even slept...I just remember being taking out of the bathtub to the hospital feeling like I just woke up from surgery or something...but then eventually I found the "right medication" for me after Tegretol failed to do anything for me...and that's when I found my one true love...DEPAKOTE...she is so beautiful and supports me no matter what...I am truly blessed to have her in my life...baptized and made whole again with my darling Depakote by my side...coursing through my body :)

Last edited:
I had one in a Wal-Mart parking lot during a snow storm.

Another at a mall in a dressing room. I managed to wet the pants I was trying on.

A complex seizure that was really bad and several strung together. I walked outside my apt and into my neighbors. Started undressing. He helped me back into my shirt and to the office where they called an ambulance. He knew about my stroke and seizures.

Another at a mall in a dressing room. I managed to wet the pants I was trying on.

was at a drug dealers when i was a lot younger, and one of the first times I wet myself was on his couch while my friends were dealing, (I don't do drugs at all)

Sometimes I can't tell if I'm having a "seizure" or something else...like maybe I am just dazed or confused...or both...but whatever the case may be...this smiley seems to make the most sense ---> :huh:

I had one in a Wal-Mart parking lot during a snow storm.

A complex seizure that was really bad and several strung together. I walked outside my apt and into my neighbors. Started undressing. He helped me back into my shirt and to the office where they called an ambulance. He knew about my stroke and seizures.

wow girl, so sorry to hear.

:hugs:

I've been lurking on this thread for a while, trying to decide. There's certainly a lot of very painful bathroom/kitchen/pavement events, as well as just totally bizarre ones in really odd places.

But the worst was when I was holidaying at my best friends' with their two girls. The eldest wanted to start karate classes, and I'd gone down with her mom to check out the quality of the instructor.

It was in a very small school 'hall'- lots of parents at the side squatting on wooden benches designed for little kids lol Anyway, halfway through I had a t-c, fell down a few benches and rolled out into the middle of the class full of kids, seizing violently and wet myself.

When I came-to I just felt so so bad- there were kids crying and general mayhem, and I remember seeing the little girl we'd taken there for her first ever class and seeing her devastated. I wasn't embarrassed- I never am these days- but looking back, that one was the one that made me *feel* the worst.

Not as bad as a funeral I admit Crash, or in a massive full lecture hall- but it still saddens me now thinking about it. She was gutted :(

Sorry to hear about that Slim and all the others.I can understand the feeling you describe but on the up side i am with you about just not been bothered anymore.Just kind off dust ourselves off and carry on,it's the only way and i suppose the only choice we have.

In my cadilacs. Two different occasions, two different cars. I was driving both times and I tottaled both cars. So I don't by cadilacs anymore. I felt the siezures coming but I thought I would be able to make it home. They both happened right before I got home. Luckily I diddnt hit any one and nobody was with me. I have had another siezure while driving but my friend grabbed the steering wheel and stopped the car.

In my cadilacs. Two different occasions, two different cars. I was driving both times and I tottaled both cars. So I don't by cadilacs anymore. I felt the siezures coming but I thought I would be able to make it home. They both happened right before I got home. Luckily I diddnt hit any one and nobody was with me. I have had another siezure while driving but my friend grabbed the steering wheel and stopped the car.[/QUOT

You shouldn't be driving if you have been having seizures. In Il after one seizure you can not drive until you are not seizure free for 6 months. You are not only putting yourself at risk but others too. How selfish that is.

Wow I've never heard that before. But seriously this was a time when I thought the world was against me and I diddnt care about anything or anyone. I've changed my way of thinkingg since then. It was very irrosponsible of me. But I wanted to be normal.

Wow I've never heard that before. But seriously this was a time when I thought the world was against me and I diddnt care about anything or anyone. I've changed my way of thinkingg since then. It was very irrosponsible of me. But I wanted to be normal.

Glad to hear you have changed your ways since then. I know what you mean in just wanting to be normal. It is really hard some days! :hugs:

I agree some days nothing will bother yet me the next day i spend nothing but thinking about epilepsy,just can't bloody win!!!

Last edited:
On the road again....

[/FONT]I was driving and after I had dropped my kids off at school.. I was going to the store and the sun had came out and it was really bright, well it was shining through the trees and kept flickering in and out, I had to pull over and when I did I pulled over on a sidewalk bc I was getting ready to have the seizure and I knew it.. there was a cop behind me, and then I remember waking up in the ambulance... I cant figure out why I have asensitivity to sunlight. But anyone else like this. Help me..

When I'm on my phone for a while the ight from my phone will make me have what I call brain spasms. Its really weird. I usualy will have a siezure short.yly after unless I take a valium

[/COLOR] I dont usually get seizures alot.. Im kinda freaking out.. I have not had 2 total.. I had one on the 7th which was only a couple days ago, then 5 months ago... They both happened bc of the sunlight shining in and out of the trees inmy face... I didn't have sunglasses, so thata one thing.. But now I can't drive.. and it sucks.,

Yesterday while at work I had one. It was scary, I woke up with co workers surrounding me and very sore.

leaving the bank a bit back, in traffic, passed out in traffic, with my arm extended instead still gripping the bars as usual. someone ran over my hand and ruined my glove. either, dindt care, or just kept going to.

Back
Top Bottom