Who is your favorite band?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

i love a load of different bands, the libertines, the cure, the strokes, new order, the beatles etc...
has anyone ever been to a festival here? im off to download in a few weeks and im a bit :s cos my fits arent fully controlled,
emily x

I always used to want to go to download - especially when System of a Down were still about :p

i love a load of different bands, the libertines, the cure, the strokes, new order, the beatles etc...
has anyone ever been to a festival here? im off to download in a few weeks and im a bit :s cos my fits arent fully controlled,
emily x

I went to the Virgin Music festival in Toronto in 2008 to see Oasis. I knew that if I had a tc I would be in big big trouble due to being shoulder to shoulder in a mass of like 20,000 people.. at least I was near the front (which was awesome). I took the risk as my seizures were relatively well controlled at the time.

It's up to you what you want to do. Maybe stay away from the crowds if possible, near the back and make sure you're always with a friend, make sure they know where the medic station is, etc.

Definitely They Might Be Giants, although Queen comes in a close second. I know that sounds weird for a 17 year-old girl, but I don't care. :p

Yay! Got all the Floyds here....Yes, and Mike Oldfield (who I did see in concert) are my genre....but even though I 'go back a bit', I grew up with a mother who was a professional singer and hence enjoy many different types of music. Even have some of the latest artist that my children find quite amusing that a actually went out and bought. Music and laughter! The key to happiness say I :)

If you like Pink Floyd then you'd probably like Tangerine Dream. They were my favourite for a while.

Very psychedelic. Unfortunately, the videos I've found would cause problems for most people.
However, this isn't one too bad. Once again, people who are sensitive to motion, don't watch, but listen.

All time fav: Judas Priest

Close second: Ratt

Current: Five Finger Death Punch

five fingwer death punch

No moving pictures. Cover of Bad Company.

Lacuna Coil - hands down. But closely behind would be Iced Earth. I really dig Theatre of Tragedy, Opeth and Iron Maiden.

Yay! Got all the Floyds here....Yes, and Mike Oldfield (who I did see in concert) are my genre....but even though I 'go back a bit', I grew up with a mother who was a professional singer and hence enjoy many different types of music. Even have some of the latest artist that my children find quite amusing that a actually went out and bought. Music and laughter! The key to happiness say I :)
Question: Which Floyd era? Roger Waters, or post Roger Waters? There is also another era. Which video do you want to see?

Lacuna Coil - hands down. But closely behind would be Iced Earth. I really dig Theatre of Tragedy, Opeth and Iron Maiden.

The least visually hazardous, although I really wanted to do another one.

No moving pictures. Not visually hazardous to your brain.

Question: Which Floyd era? Roger Waters, or post Roger Waters? There is also another era. Which video do you want to see?
Don't forget the Syd Barrett era. After all, he started the band.

I usually have favorite CD's based on how I am feeling..

however, if i were to make a list, it would be anything by
Ry Cooder., David Lindley, Warren Zevon, Todd Rundgren, Elvis Costello, ...

:)

btw - don't underestimate the power of music on your brain.

i was a music history major and studied classical music structure. the music therapy crowd are onto something but i don't think they have the support (the doctors and the pharama companies have a strangle hold on money and pills and healthcare) and there needs to be much more research done on it.

but based on the fact that most docs cant tell whats really wrong with you unless they can see and big red X on you, you have just as much right to ascribe the same amount of trust to music therapists as you do to the regualr docs/neuros and phara's. at least you are not ingesting something that could be toxic your system.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Musicophilia-Tales-Music-Revised-Expanded/dp/1400033535/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_1"]Amazon.com: Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain, Revised and Expanded Edition (9781400033539): Oliver Sacks: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51qK37MW5hL.@@AMEPARAM@@51qK37MW5hL[/ame]

people like the Bach's and Handel and Corelli were making music of their times (in some cases, ahead of their times -- some didn't gain popularity until over 100 years after their death) but there was also a very specific and learned science to what they were doing. the connections of how that affects the brain are being made today.

hopefully more money to research to get more answers in near future.

Back
Top Bottom