Who is your favorite band?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I think anyone who likes PF should have seen them live!

I just saw this Epileric and YES I agree! I did see them live 3 times (concerts: "A momentary lapse of reason" and the "Division Bell". Unfortunately this was after both Dave and Roger split up but it was still amazing. I plan to see Roger Waters this summer. Also, if you're a Floyd fan and you ever have an opportunity to see the Austrialian Pink Floyd band go check them out. They're truly amazing and put on a great show...just like a real Floyd show. I was shocked when I saw them and I've seen a couple Floyd tribute bands and I'm extremely picky when bands start playing Floyd and I actually went and saw them the next day because they were that good.

I know when I want to relax and calm down if I've had a stressed day I will listen to music like that douglas. It just blocks everything out of my head.

Gr8 Floyd

As a tribute to everyone here.
Be extremely cautious with this one, please.

Last edited:
I teach Meditation and Psychic development classes and out of interest I had my students bring their favourite song. It was interesting to see how each person reacted to an individuals choice. What was fabulous for one made another grimace! Just shows how perfectly individual we are; bottom line....whatever turns you on is creating the music happiness vibe....all good!

Gomez

This is in B/W, nice. Some motion may cause problems.

My favourite band of all time is Bon Jovi. I love their lyrics and style and of course Jon is great to look at. LOL I've been to see them a few times. I'll be going to see them again this coming July. Can't wait. We have awesome seats!

My favourite song is Bed of Roses. But I love Last Man Standing, Someday I'll Be Saturday Night, Raise Your Hands, . Probably could go on and on.

ac/dc

oldie but goodie. Motion awareness, use caution

Just one?

In the Christian genre, Newsboys
In the Irish genre, The High Kings
In the Rock genre, Evanescence and Nightwish

I have so very many! :D

Rolling Stones

Complete with Mick Jagger acting silly.

Warning, very old footage. Overexposed and may cause problems.

Power of music

I totally agree with the power of music. I should have been a music major. I was raised around parents who loved classical music. There's something really primitive about rhythmic sounds and logical music structures that are soothing. It does seem to be ironic that music written by Bach is still around today and still just as powerful. I gradually studied more jazz and impressionist music. Impressionists like Debussy are my favorites, but I also listen to rock, blues and various other styles.

btw - don't underestimate the power of music on your brain.

i was a music history major and studied classical music structure. the music therapy crowd are onto something but i don't think they have the support (the doctors and the pharama companies have a strangle hold on money and pills and healthcare) and there needs to be much more research done on it.

but based on the fact that most docs cant tell whats really wrong with you unless they can see and big red X on you, you have just as much right to ascribe the same amount of trust to music therapists as you do to the regualr docs/neuros and phara's. at least you are not ingesting something that could be toxic your system.

http://www.amazon.com/Musicophilia-Tales-Music-Revised-Expanded/dp/1400033535/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_1

people like the Bach's and Handel and Corelli were making music of their times (in some cases, ahead of their times -- some didn't gain popularity until over 100 years after their death) but there was also a very specific and learned science to what they were doing. the connections of how that affects the brain are being made today.

hopefully more money to research to get more answers in near future.

I rock to

EVERYBODY BE CAREFUL WITH THIS ONE: MOTION AND FLASHING LIGHTS.
Speber originally posted this a couple of years ago, I didn't because of the aformentioned problems. Y'all be careful. Otherwise enjoy!

I'm going to the Dave Matthew's Band concert tomorrow tomorrow night and just got a call that I'm going to get to meet him!!!!!! I can't believe that I didn't have a seizure while I was on the phone with the lady. I was shaking so bad, I think I'm still shaking now!!!!

I can't wait for the show!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom