Will This Effect My Diagnosis?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JLogefeil

New
Reaction score
So I have a question. I have an appointment to see a Nuroligist and I have been during research and I think that I will pass the test. If I pass the test like the physical Nuro test etc will this effect my diagnosis?
Also, a person with tonic clonic seizure and they get the Nuro physical and exam test done, what happends when thy don't pass it what does the doc look for? Is the persons balance off, when they talk is it hard for the doc to understand, etc.
Please help me. I don't even want to do becuase I feel like if I will pass these test he will just not take me serious. Please help me

What do you mean when you say "pass the test"? Do you mean test positive for seizures or test negative for seizures?

Also, what test are you talking about- an EEG, a neuropsych exam or something else?

What do you mean when you say "pass the test"? Do you mean test positive for seizures or test negative for seizures?

Also, what test are you talking about- an EEG, a neuropsych exam or something else?

What I mean is test negative for seizures. The test I mean is like we're they have a you walk in a line and check your gait and how strong you are etc. I saw it on you tube what they do during a Nuro exam.

What you just described is a physical exam. It is part of a neurological exam though I think the other parts are more important.

http://www.neuroexam.com/neuroexam/content.php?p=2

If you've been diagnosed with pseudoseizures it may change your diagnosis to neurological seizures.

Whether it changes your diagnosis or not, it gets you closer to finding out what is really wrong.

I've gone through the full battery of tests when I was a young kid & there's nothing to worry about. Some of it is fun.

They thought it was pseudoseizures but my pych said they weren't and he wrote a letter saying how there not and how I m not getting the care I need.

Last edited:
Yaaaay, Well keep us updated on the results when you get them (sometimes it takes a while).

The standard neurological testing (things like walking one foot in front of the other, touching your nose, etc.) are mostly to rule out other neurological issues (like MS, or med side effects.). They are less relevant to confirming and epilepsy diagnosis.

Back
Top Bottom