Wootwootwootywootwoot!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I hope you didn't "decorate yourself" also! :roflmao: Did you damage your keyboard?

Coffee Abuse!!!!!

lol or you can try the best selling "annoying and ignorant-- your guide to the conflicting alpha female--- The Mom-ster!"

AHAHAHA McGill those are awesome. and all I keep thinking about right now is another thread about Weebles. Weebles are shaped like....EGGS!

You're guilty of that (coffee abuse), Rae, not me!!! :pfft: (I'm a tea drinker! :D)

mmmm tea! well I guess I could clean up my mess with a Tea Towel...seeing as I forgot to buy Coffee Towels.... aw.... I want coffee towels.

Coffee Abuse!!!!!

lol or you can try the best selling "annoying and ignorant-- your guide to the conflicting alpha female--- The Mom-ster!"

*snicker* It is indeed coffee abuse! But my keyboard is used to it and I keep aspare, just in case. ;)

As for "mom-sters" my creative strategy is to skim the e-mail without actually reading it. If I actually need to know whatever she's going on about, one of my nieces will hit me up on facebook and tell me "call nana." I guess that's kind of evil, but it makes all our lives so much easier, haha.

Rae 1889 said:
Yeah!

As for "mom-sters" my creative strategy is to skim the e-mail without actually reading it. If I actually need to know whatever she's going on about, one of my nieces will hit me up on facebook and tell me "call nana." I guess that's kind of evil, but it makes all our lives so much easier, haha.
See, that's smart. That's what partner does -- he pretends it ain't there. Me, on the other hand, I just can't look away! Like when someone has food in their teeth, or an ink smudge on their cheek. It's just such a foreign concept to me, this denial/dismissal of health issues. My family is sooo different.

That's b/c of Scott's magnetic charm he has over you, occb! :roflmao: He's doing soemthing to get your attention!! (Seriously, I know it's not a laughing matter, but we have to have SOME humor in the situation!! :D

Yeah!

See, that's smart. That's what partner does -- he pretends it ain't there. Me, on the other hand, I just can't look away! Like when someone has food in their teeth, or an ink smudge on their cheek. It's just such a foreign concept to me, this denial/dismissal of health issues. My family is sooo different.

Not smart, survival! haha! Mom's idea of health issues is "if the bones ain't borke or you ain't bleeding, you're healthy." That saying "ignorance is bliss" is so true - life is blissful when you choose to remain ignorant of other people's ignorance :D

It's EGG day! :lol:

Partner's having a hard time waking up :( I've been up for a while. I'm the planner of the two of us... I guess. Since when?

Well it's good to be sleepy during the EGG. Maybe he's just getting ready...
Hope all goes well! Send us the EGG play-by-play.

Will do Nak!

His back hurts this morning :( I asked him if his brain hurt yet, he said a little, so I commanded that he try harder! Make it hurt moar!

You are so supportive! He's very lucky... When I want to make my brain hurt, I just drop a cinderblock on my head. Or the occasional piano.

Yeah, or have hime stand up when the ceiling is slightly shorter than him.
let me know how it goes. I got my Neuro today, so I'll y'all informed too. :(

Good luck Rae! We'll be standing by for full details.

Okay -- whatever I can tell you about the EEG is all hearsay from Scott, sinc ethe tech politely but firmly told me to go take a hike. I wasn't allowed in for the prep, the history, nada. I walked out for about 20 minutes, and came back, and I looked toward the room he went in, and I swear the door was ajar and nobody was inside. Honestly -- I did a double take and wondered if maybe they had just done the history and then went to another room, even though the EEG machine was in there. Weird.

So, I waited for just over an hour and saw him come out, and he was definitely befuddled, in that dreamy state where everything seems a little unreal. He had to sit, and then he told me about the lights. They did the fast strobes, and nothing, then they did the slow strobes, and he said it was like knives through his eyes, and his arms and legs started jerking around. That's the first time he's had anything like that in the daytime. He had a blanket on him so he pointed it out afterwards to the tech, and she said that was normal. Eh? Are they just supposed to say that because they're not supposed to be interpreting what's going on?

Anyhoo, then he said "They really ripped us off." I asked "how so?" He said, ""It was supposed to be an hour and I was only in there for 10 minutes." I assured him he'd been in there just over an hour. I asked him if they had switched rooms, and he said no, they'd been in the same room the whole time. I guess I must have been wrong about seeing the room empty? Curious and curiouser.

Anyway, something happened in there, alien abduction, or a tear in the space-time continuum, I dunno. Now let's hope something showed.

Back
Top Bottom