You know you have epilepsy if...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

If you've ever had an ambulatory EEG and after you've washed and washed your hair it still looks like you've had overactive lice due to the glue.
Those were good sassi.:roflmao:.....Got E at 14 and by 21 I was bald. Being bald comes in handy at EEG time :bjump:

Those were good sassi.:roflmao:.....Got E at 14 and by 21 I was bald. Being bald comes in handy at EEG time :bjump:

I bet it does... My scalp hurt so bad when I got home trying to scrub all the glue off and he told me to shower immediately (after coughing in my face while taking them off??) under hot water and with plenty of shampoo. My scalp still hurts LOL. I don't like that EEG type. I thought about shaving my head but soon realized it'd be silly and then I'd be bald waiting for it to grow back... I'm trying to grow out a cute hairstyle! :(

The first EEG's I had (when I had hair) used needle electrodes that were stuck under the skin which also improved the electrical signal and it was just a quick prick and not painful, at least I didn't think so. I don't know if they still use them anywhere or not. They have also developed a screw in electrode. If I had hair I would inquire about these types of electrodes.

when you go to sleep on the couch, and you wake up on the floor.

You wash your hair with soap over and over, and keep spraying it with hairspray because it's not dry.
You bite the heck out of your lip and don't even feel the pain or even notice you're doing it.

If you go to a store and wander around looking like you're drunk and/or stoned, more than likely.

If you're liable to forget part or all of a day and you never know which day it'll be.

If you have to consistently ask for rides and you'll put off doing something/going somewhere just so you don't have to.

If asking for rides makes you feel awful/like a burden.

If you have to reset the counter on your "I get to drive" calender.

If your dating life centers around E and you tell them you have to be home at a curfew, no matter how old you are, so you can get the recommended sleep. And that you can't drive.

If feeling tired is a daily occurrence.

If you have a medication bottle collection just for the hell of it.

If you wake up in the middle of the night for no reason at all dazed and confused, sometimes having wet the bed, bit your lip, tongue, or some other symptom.

If you can't remember the simplest things and you feel like an idiot having to ask the same questions over and over again.

If you've ever stared longingly at a cup of coffee and refused when offered but kept staring because... I mean, come on, coffee!

If you've ever sat beside the phone eagerly, and also dreading, a phone call from your neurologist with your results from your EEG.

If you wake up with a headache in the morning or you're even sleepier in the morning than when you first went to bed at night (the kind of sleepiness that only we know about).

If being fuzzy in the head is something you know about.

And a buzzing, numb head and face can be a seizure or a medication side effect. And only time will tell the difference.

Your partner complains about the big 'thrashing about' you did during sex and although stone sober you may not remember any of it.

You know you have Epilepsy if

you have ever woken up patiently trying to teach a non existent person how to put the password into the computer, knowing what it is but it won't go in no matter how many times you try it. You also didn't know how the computer got on your lap in the first place or switched its self on.

when remembering the past few days, one of the few people you refer in the third person is yourself.

You know you have epilepsy when:
You offend both your sister and your daughter in a postictal state and have no idea what you said.
You go into a seizure while typing and just keep typing only to find later on that it is pure gibberish.
You sleep the entire day after a seizure and get nothing done.
You dream about being able to drive to the grocery store by yourself.
You slip into a partial seizure and come out of it talking to someone and try to act like you know what the conversation is about.
You can watch the same movies over and over because you can never remember the ending.
You scorch an entire batch of jam because you had a seizure and thought you were stirring it the entire time but apparently not.

my mattress and box spring are on the floor, I am ok with that. but the floor is a comfortable place to be to.

i noticed that the legs on my glasses were loose. but it was kind of a warming feeling to have had the glasses long enough for the leg to get loose.

To have ever heard while lying in a parking lot "I thought he was going to do a bike trick, then he just never got back up."

You know you have epilepsy when:

1. You've physically assaulted a bowl of rice and paid dearly in heel injuries.

2. You've physically assaulted a $400 watch that was given to you because obviously that money would have been spent on medical bills.

3. You just threw the TV remote from the bed into the bathroom.

4. You just sexually assaulted your wife at 3 AM and she is NOT happy.

5. You're laughing ad you just realized you don't know why.

6. Your neurologist has complimented your abdominal muscles after seeing the situps you do in your sleep.

All true stories.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom