You know you have epilepsy if...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

you are going to a plastic surgeon to correct the mess you have made constantly smashing your mouth off the floor, instead of going to get him to give you a sexy pout.

you are glad that there is a plastic surgeon working the e.r. that night, to fix your face and hopefully he will not leave much of a scar, (true story)

people have to look for the scars.

This topic may be somewhere else, if so...just ignore this. If not, then let's begin!

You know you have epilepsy if:

1. You've ever found yourself in a store patting the butt of a man who turned out NOT to be your husband. :paperbag:

2. You've ever tried to disassemble your toilet (in high heals) before leaving for the office. :flushed:

3. You have moved all of your silverware onto the floor at a Thai restaurant. And come out of the seizure to find that the waitress has kindly placed all of the food on the floor for you as well! :hungry:
(Seriously folks, I came out of that seizure sitting indian-style with some cashew chicken in front of me)! :D

4. You have ever pissed off the dairy manager at Kroger for "rearranging" his aisles and restacking his eggs...mostly into your shopping cart. (Who needs ten dozen eggs?...apparently my brain thought I did)! :rolleyes:

5. Finally, if you've ever been in a voting booth during a seizure and your not sure who you elected for president! :twocents: :secret:

I'll post when I'm out of the hospital next week...maybe you guys can enjoy this thread. :) -Julie
You know you have epilepsy when my husband came home to me taking curtains off the windows, not making any sense when he spoke to me. Then I climbed into my daughters bed thinking it was my own. Then came the killer headache, my hubby pu me in our bed and I slept for 3 days. He woke me twice a day to drink something- then right back to sleep. (WHAT A LIFE)!!! Has anyone else slept that long after a seizure?

When you call 999 after locking yourself out with the gas grill on, only to find that once they have smashed their way in.....

1 the grill wasn't on in the first place

2 the keys were in your pocket

When you wear two medical IDs. One necklace and one bracelet. Hey, the medics are bound to find one of them!

when you get "take your pills" tattooed on your arms so you dont have to write it on there everyday

When you wind up in your neighbors apartment in your underware. (thankfully he took me down the hall back to mine. This happened almost 3 weeks ago). AGH!

You wake up and the bed is full of blood and you wonder why then you say to hell with it and go back to sleep, a few minuets later you wake up to a crowd of people talking and asking is your head sore, why, because you have split it open during a seizure and you do not know it.

When you wind up in your neighbors apartment in your underware. (thankfully he took me down the hall back to mine. This happened almost 3 weeks ago). AGH!

I was out running one night in my grand mothers neighborhood a few years ago and I had a seizure while talking to someone, then wondered home and tried to get in what I thought was my grandmothers door, It was the nice family that lives next door.

It was one of those neighborhoods where all the houses are the same color and look the same, (so having a sweaty man banging on your door breathing hard in the middle of the night who couldn't talk must have been nice) it also made going out the find my glasses and cell phone the next day painful.

You wake up and the bed is full of blood and you wonder why then you say to hell with it and go back to sleep, a few minuets later you wake up to a crowd of people talking and asking is your head sore, why, because you have split it open during a seizure and you do not know it.

you wake up in a puddle of blood, you are in pain, everything hurts, and all you really want to do, is scratch your balls.

While we are talking about being covered in bodily fluids, waking up in a puddle of your own piss is typical.

Always remember in my teens being very self conscious of this but built an excellent relationship with a our gorgeous first aider. The first thing I used to whisper to him when I was coming round was "Have I wet myself" and he would nod discretely as of course I always had. What a chat up line eh.

when carrying spare clothes and baby wipes for a quick "freshen up" to work is an essential.

When every time you explain your problem to a new friend, the moment you and said friend walk passed the slightest bit of flashing light, said individual asks if it will make you fall to the ground convulsing.

you are going to a plastic surgeon to correct the mess you have made constantly smashing your mouth off the floor, instead of going to get him to give you a sexy pout.

dammit I want to be pretty again,

you know you have epilepsy, when you roll over in bed and the question for the night is, "what fluid is this?" but you are too tired to really care, so you just go back to sleep.

Thanks COurt, me too!
--When people still don't 'get' what you mean by "just wiped out" after seizing even though you've been explaining it to them for years.

Back
Top Bottom