Coping With Epilepsy Medikidz Comic Book Explains Epilepsy
Sponsored Advertisement

Go Back   Epilepsy Forum > Peer Support > The Kitchen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Getting Comfortable

yep

personally i hate the little screwballs who try to make stuff up and get sympathy on forums like this because i end up getting flack for being on here bc the love of my life has epilepsy and people think im makin it up because of these little dicks who cant get real sympathy from real freinds
Old 10-03-2011, 10:03 AM
Joined the Party

johnnachos,
When I was a youngster I claimed I hated somebody. My Dad made me look it up in the dictionary. It changed my use of the word forever.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Getting Comfortable

look i know what the deffinition of hate is (intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury b : extreme dislike or antipathy) and that basically sums up what i feel for the fakes in the world who think none of it effects others so u may think you know i dont hate them but deep down i do and if that makes me a bad person then oh well
Old 10-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Joined the Party

Johnnachos,
I mean you no harm or offense, and this will be the last I mention this. But, I still wish you'd Google the word. Wiki may not be the most authorative source in the world, but they directly quote several very respected sources and dictionaries, and I really do doubt you wish anyone physical harm or murder. I just know you're a far better person than that.

Again, I understand your extreme upset at these people and I share that with you. They just aren't Hitler or Eichman. They're morons to be sure, but they are far more sick in the head than they are evil. Hatred harms the hater much more than the hated.

Respectfully and sincerely,
Motorbill
Old 10-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator / Big Smile

Oh good grief motorbill!! He doesn't want or need your advice.

Yea, people that fake illness online suck. I hope karma finds it's way and bites them in their ass.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CathyAnn31 For This Useful Post:
johnnachos (10-12-2011), motorbill66 (10-05-2011), Rae1889 (10-04-2011)
Old 10-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Your Host
Recent Blog: Oh poop

Thanked 2,290 Times in 817 Posts
Gentle reminder to all:

http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/...illed-who-514/
New to CWE? I suggest reading the proactive prescription and epilepsy 101 threads. Also check out this chart of alternative epilepsy treatments and this page on EEG Neurofeedback. More great stuff can be found in the list of the best forum threads.

Would you like to help support this forum?
The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
CathyAnn31 (10-06-2011)
Old 02-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Joined the Party

Fake! I would like to vomit on people like that. Makes me sick!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Esteemed Pillar of the Community

that's terrible i don't know what would get someone to do something like that are u really that unhappy.and i agree with rae i hate all the people on you tube who fake seizures it really ticks me off like there mocking us maybe a little emotional about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to acpollard2010 For This Useful Post:
Rae1889 (07-18-2012)
Old 07-17-2012, 05:58 PM
Joined the Party

wow this is messed up i have epilepsy and would not know how to fake one
Old 07-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Getting Comfortable

There is an episode of This American Life where they interview a woman with this disorder. She had been banned from all hospitals in the UK and was about to die from all the unnecessary surgeries she had had. It's important to remember that the illness she had was very serious - we underplay psychological illness or pretend that it is just a personal failing of the patient/victim ('victim' is not necessarily an inappropriate term, unlike epilepsy, prognosis is bad for psychosomatic disorders) but it is just as real as what we experience in many ways.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Weaving the Community Fabric

This whole Munchausen's thing puts me a bit on edge. Do I have to worry about the Spanish inquisition here?I was thinking I could just relax and not worry to much about being judged but now I am not sure...like is everyone looking at everyone else wondering if they actually have epilepsy? is that what's going on on this board?

I can make it easy for everyone. I don't need or WANT emotional support. I am coping with this through courage and i view it as a unique opportunity to confront the precarious nature of my own mortality. I don't see how any of us can cope, with courage (which is precisely what we all have to do now whether we like it or not) if our emotional resources are divided because half of them go to feeding our own character susceptibilities to paranoia?

I don't think some list of things to look for is going to help identify Münchausen syndrome. More to the point if you folks have been hit with trolls in the past and then you are getting Münchausen syndrome scares, how has it not occurred to anyone that the scare might just be more trolling?

Sorry if i am out of line here I'm just kind of blunt, i don't have any extra to deal with BS.

Last edited by Futureghost; 10-04-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Venerable Voice of CWE

No, everyone here does not think that everyone else here has munchausens. This was posted just to let people know that it is out there, it is real and it does appear on message boards like this a lot.

In the years i've been here i've never seen someone be ostracised or even accused of faking their symptoms or epilepsy.
CQ:) (10-04-2012), Futureghost (10-04-2012)
Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 AM

Alright...I'll chill.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:51 AM

it illness in itself....these people want some form of acceptnes
Old 10-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Venerable Voice of CWE

Thanked 1,108 Times in 618 Posts
I was able to fake having epilepsy so well that I started having seizures.

oooops
Old 10-04-2012, 12:01 PM

that would be strangely fitting as a punishment. if we could induce epilepsy in people who pretend to have it and don't......mmmmm smells like justice.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:57 AM
Your Host
Recent Blog: Oh poop

Thanked 2,290 Times in 817 Posts
Originally Posted by Futureghost View Post:
This whole Munchausen's thing puts me a bit on edge. Do I have to worry about the Spanish inquisition here?I was thinking I could just relax and not worry to much about being judged but now I am not sure...like is everyone looking at everyone else wondering if they actually have epilepsy? is that what's going on on this board? ...
Please see this thread for a more in depth explanation:

http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/...s-online-1085/

and this post specifically:
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post:
Folks, this topic exists here not to accuse any CWE members, but as a reminder to all that these things do happen. Hopefully, no one has a seizure because of stress from strong emotions (sadness/sympathy/etc.) over what's posted in the forums - especially if it comes at the hands of someone who is disingenuous.

We do a good job weeding out the hooligans and trolls, but it could take longer to expose a Munchausen case, so it's healthy to keep a little bit of emotional separation between yourself and your internet only acquaintences.
New to CWE? I suggest reading the proactive prescription and epilepsy 101 threads. Also check out this chart of alternative epilepsy treatments and this page on EEG Neurofeedback. More great stuff can be found in the list of the best forum threads.

Would you like to help support this forum?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
rock and roll (05-09-2015), Shelley (10-06-2012)
Old 10-05-2012, 01:47 PM

it not hard to see fakers...most of us come on forums to share experience seek advice learn somethings not be judged by others and bit of downtime with other people that we got that thread with each other....i been here short time but boy have i learned few things and i not alone others have odd things like me so i not as odd as i thought i was....i kept many things to myself but relief others are same..
Old 03-07-2013, 01:59 AM

What I don't get, but I know people do this... but what I don't get is how I. The world can anyone fake a tonic clonic siezure? I mean wow! Who can bite through their own tongue like that consciously? And stiffen every muscle freely? Perhaps they think uneducated people would buy into it, but if you have tonic clonic's you can tell.. or if you care for one. When I have one I bite my tongue so hard I'm surprised its still intact, there is blood, I stiffen every muscle and bang my head extremely hard... my partner said I almost broke their hand... I can't walk... I would think that would be hard to a f out thoroughly... but I know people do their best.... that's sad
Old 03-07-2013, 02:00 AM

Oops I'm o. My phone and didn't see my mess up... at the end it was suppose to
say act out