1st Complex Partial, Recovery Time

After a Complex Partial Seizure, how long before you usually fully recover?

• Within 8hrs

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • 8-24hrs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 24-72 hrs

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Longer than 72 hrs

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I have complex partial seizures, at least that is what was recorded on one of my EEG's to base my diagnosis on. My seizures frequently turn in to tonic clonic. I have had a day or two of fog up to a week or more. I'm sorry for what you're going through, I hope you see the right doc and get some answers/treatment to help you out. I've been having seizures and postictal issues for over 15 years and it was not until earlier this year that I finally got my diagnosis. I too am on state sponsored health care and know how hard it is to go through the BS steps they want to be able to see the right person. Good luck and I hope it all works out well for you.

hi llstew, i'm hoping things are looking up on your end. keep us posted k ;)

in regards to all the prior posts on whether it was or wasn't a complex partial: there are varying degrees of unconsciousness, some people don't move and just sit stiff, while others are known to some degree to be able to continue driving. the differences are astounding.
but one fact that is true to every cp, regardless of degree, surroundings, situation etc., is that the person having the seizure won't remember any of it.
case is closed in a few words, llstew was alert and knew what was happening to her, therefore it wasn't a complex seizure.

Hi to everyone who was so helpful here in the thread!

Saw the Neurologist yesterday and the diagnosis is as big a mystery to me as the event itself was.
The Neurologist says it was not a seizure, but a combined Topamax/migrainous event, and he clutched his hands together into a ball-shape to illustrate his point.
The Topamax is well known to produce confused thinking and word finding problems in some people, and I certainly was experiencing that until the dose was lowered.
The fall and the tingling around my mouth and up my arm he says are apparently migraine symptoms also.
I believe him, as he is the expert, but I've been having migraine fortnightly for ~15 years and it's never happened like that.
I think you were all correct when you were suggesting that the cocktail of drugs I was on could mess with my head (the Topamax for sure), but certainly didn't see that assessment coming.
Thank you everybody, still don't know what to make of it, just hope it doesn't happen again. (just hope that's not next month's migraine!)

The Neurologist says it was not a seizure, but a combined Topamax/migrainous event, and he clutched his hands together into a ball-shape to illustrate his point.
The Topamax is well known to produce confused thinking and word finding problems in some people, and I certainly was experiencing that until the dose was lowered.
The fall and the tingling around my mouth and up my arm he says are apparently migraine symptoms also.
I believe him, as he is the expert, but I've been having migraine fortnightly for ~15 years and it's never happened like that.
I think you were all correct when you were suggesting that the cocktail of drugs I was on could mess with my head (the Topamax for sure), but certainly didn't see that assessment coming.
I would clutch my hands together in a ball and call it a "too many meds/migrainous event". I'm sure the Topamax was right up there in the mix. And migraines can have some other weird symptoms other than just a pounding head and light sensitivity.

Have you had your magnesium levels checked? A lot of people are finding that it helps with migraines. Not a panacea but a definite improvement. People have found it helping with seizures, migraines, restless leg syndrome, muscle cramps, etc.

http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f23/revisiting-magnesium-25241/

Hi, Yes, I will look into that.
I took Magnesium supplements daily, about 10 years ago, & it seemed to make no different, but our bodies change and it's worth looking into.
Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom