Another Complex Partial?

Sabbo

Veteran
Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder how the number & type of seizures I have might change in the next few years. I just turned 49 this July, so I'm sure my body will be changing. As I have said before, simple partial seizures don't trouble me. Those usually last less than 2 minutes, and I am pretty aware of everything going on around me.

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Sabbo,
The number of seizures I have had went way down after I turned about 40. My Epileptologist told me that
it depends on the person and especially if they have Temporal lobe Epilepsy that can really mean either
an increase or decrease in the seizures. I will be 59 in September. Another thing I was told to do is use the
natural progesterone cream that you can buy in health food store and put it on my skin at least once a day
it has peanut oil and wild yams in it so if you are allergic to anything like that you can't use it but when I used
it that was a big help for me or also just eating roasted almonds or any type of nuts as long as they didn't have
a lot of salt. Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Sabbo

Veteran
Supporter
Reaction score
My complex partials started when I was in my late 20's, at least as far as I know. If I had complex partials before then, they weren't seen by any one or diagnosed. I do know both types of seizures increase when I'm under stress/tension.
Thankfully, I don't have allergies of any type. I eat a variety of nuts daily. I have noted that sometimes when I start/add a new medication, I may stay seizure free for a short time, but within a year I begin having breakthrough complex partials.

Sabbo

Veteran
Supporter
Reaction score
It apparently happened again today, around 11:30 am. My older son & I had returned from the store a little earlier. I recall being in the kitchen, putting things away and preparing things I needed to cook for dinner. My son told me that I collapsed onto the floor.

I believe I may have had a second complex partial late this afternoon, while cooking some of the things for tonight's dinner. I noticed a few small blisters on my pointer & middle fingers. The one on my pointer finger had opened.

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Sabbo,

I'm so sorry to hear that you had another complex partial seizure. It may sound crazy but try putting some apple cider vinegar
on your fingers if they got burnt. I have found that to be a big help when I get a sunburn it takes the soreness away.

I'm wondering if you may be having drop seizures also. I never collapsed when I had a complex partial seizure I would only
wander around or just sit down and not remember anything until after the seizure was over.

Take it easy on yourself and I wish you only the Best. May God Bless You!

Sue

Sabbo

Veteran
Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. What I think is extremely odd is that I took my morning dose of medications a little before 8 am yesterday--earlier than I usually do.
I'm going to contact my neurologist's office to make an appointment for Sept. or Oct. (which is when he wanted to see me) I'll inform them about what's been happening when I call. He wanted me to have an EEG done, so I have to schedule that as well.

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Sabbo,

I wish you the best of luck with your neuro and I hope you will be able to get in soon. I always had to wait
at least 3 months if not longer to see my Dr.

I know everyone is different but sometimes I can forget to take my med or take it 2 hrs. later and it won't bother me,
could your drug level be a little low? I know that happens to me sometimes for no reason and then the seizures start up.
I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue