Anyone else experince back pain couple years after epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I have had epilepsy for about 2 1/2 years now but after the first year(my junior yr.) I started having extreme back pain. I had a x-ray done and the doctors said it was sclerosis. They put me on hydrocodon for pain but it just doesn't help. I thought it might be related to my epilepsy. Anyone else experiencing this??

TMNtlover96
I've never been controlled with my epilepsy in 50 yrs and I've fallen so many times it just made back problems worse with the wear and tear on my back.

I've had pain, on and off, due to tonic-clonics and the spasms that occur during the event. The thing that really helped, other than time to heal, was prednisone (steroid).

Tmntlover96 --

Any chance the docs meant "stenosis" (narrowing of the spinal column that impinges on nerves) rather than "sclerosis"? If it's definitely sclerosis, do you know which kind?

I have had epilepsy for about 2 1/2 years now but after the first year(my junior yr.) I started having extreme back pain. I had a x-ray done and the doctors said it was sclerosis. They put me on hydrocodon for pain but it just doesn't help. I thought it might be related to my epilepsy. Anyone else experiencing this??

Not really sure what caused it, but I did have some sciatica for awhile. My significant other, seemed to think it could have been from my seizures, all the thrashing around I do. Though it also may have been from standing on concrete floors all day at work. Hard to pinpoint, cuz I had my last seizure right before I started working, and the sciatica started shortly after that. Thankfully it has gone away, the pain was hell.

I have lower back pain all the time. Just figured it was probably a combo of seizures and meds.

Back
Top Bottom