Can specific sounds make you FEEL better?

Do specific sounds make you FEEL better?

• Yes

Votes: 44 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 14 24.1%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I don't know that sounds can help me avoid a seizure, (I am still learning about my seizures) but sounds do make me feel better. When I was at the beach in April..just before my Mom got sick and she died, I went out to the ocean early in the mornings and just listened to the sound of the seagulls and waves. What a peaceful sound. So beautiful! I love the sound of birds in the early morning. Children laughing. My cats purring/meowing(sometimes) My one big kitty can be a loud pest! Ha! I really love thunder/rain and windy days and nights. And then the absence of sound when it snows..when it is very quiet, yet coming down hard. It is a peaceful feeling.

Michelle

I used to live by the ocean & went to sleep to the sound of the waves so I can relate to Georgias experience.

I've been getting insomnia but the last 3 days I've had my fountain going & have not only slept well but have had a slight drop in the number of seizures (it's only been a few days so we'll see if it continues).

try string's recent John Dowland album

Songs From The Labyrinth

exquisite

Last edited:
I think

so.......but for me, there are a variety of sounds that it can be, and it depends on the day and what is going on. If I have a migraine going on, it darn well better be a QUIET sound, or look out!

As of late, I have noticed, I can't tolerate a lot of loud noises for LONG periods of time--as in 12 hours a day. That's just too much for me. I don't know what's changed....

beat this one lol

What makes me feel better is standing in my shed with my lathe on making falconry blocks while in the background all I can hear over the lathe noise are my pair of redtail hawks in the next avairy both stood on a tree stump in the middle of the avairy bonking away

This might be strange, but some verey hard rock is very soothing to me. On the other hand, loud voices, noise, banging things around can put me on edge so bad I can tell that I need to find peace or risk having a seizure. I work around some loud people and I would be healthier to go out to my car and crank the stereo than to sit one more minute and listen to all this noise. I hate to be a grump.

The sound that sooths me is the sound of the front door slamming when the kids go to school in a morning AAAAAAHHHH Peace and quiet lol

This might be strange, but some verey hard rock is very soothing to me. On the other hand, loud voices, noise, banging things around can put me on edge so bad I can tell that I need to find peace or risk having a seizure. I work around some loud people and I would be healthier to go out to my car and crank the stereo than to sit one more minute and listen to all this noise. I hate to be a grump.

New comments in his favorite thread and subject are so fitting. The timing is ironic, but so fitting.

RIP Speber.

Absolutely, the baroque music plays in this household every single moment anyone is awake. it keeps me sane, it keeps me centered it gives the thoughts direction and form it makes decisions tangible and controllable. When I don't have music I have about 3...maybe 4 hours before the noise in my head gets so loud that i can't think clearly anymore, then the migraines set in, depression, confusion exhaustion. Music and art are my lifeline.

Back
Top Bottom