Coronavirus

CQ:)

Veteran
Reaction score
We work in dollars and cents over here so our lowest amount is 5c.
Every time you put on the news the very 1st thing the local and national news report is update on corona virus.

For a while they had special news updates in the evening on the virus but not sure if they’re still on as I don’t watch them and there are ads reminding us what restrictions we are at.

But we are starting to get less cases over here so the government are reducing some of the restrictions but only some of the states. My state I live in is still stricter with some of the restrictions than other states.

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi CQ,

I understand where you are coming from day after day that's all we hear about in the news and commercials. It's starting
to go down in the amount of viruses in the town I live in but the state is one of the highest in the U.S. thanks to NYC

I've learned it's better to buy my meat through a butcher shop because most of the time I can't get it in the store anymore.

Wishing you only the Best and May God Bless You,

Sue

Loopy Lou

Veteran
Reaction score
There's been talk of reducing some of the restrictions here in the next week or so, but i think it's too soon. Being a seaside town, most people's income relies on restaurants, bars, tourist attractions etc. With the beach being closed people can't trade on the promenade (sea side) so there's a lot of people and business' going downhill. I've stopped watching the news recently, i should have a check and see what's going on lol. I do get daily corona briefs from the NHS though since i am (or was) a volunteer at the hospital.

Nakamova

Super Moderator / Thank You Queen
Reaction score
Unfortunately the rate of infection is still on the rise in my state. So wearing a mask is now mandatory and quarantine-related restrictions are in place for at least the next few weeks. We've had some protests, but for the most part people are still in favor of keeping non-essential businesses shut down.

Veteran
Reaction score
The cases are lowering here so the governments are starting to reduce some of the restrictions but it's up to each state.
The state i live in still has the strictest restrictions.

Loopy Lou

Veteran
Reaction score
How's it working out with the masks Nak? I mean, do you all have to buy your own? Loads of places are opening again here on monday. Mainly take-out places, cafes etc. KFC has already reopened, and there was huuuuuuge queues of cars waiting for the drive throughs :O I'm pretty sure things like cafes, coffee shops and all will be take away only, and i think things like clothes shops are still going to be closed.

To be honest none of us really know whats happening, so we'll have to wait til the PM does a speech on sunday. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the launderette to be open again, at least for pick up and delivery! I've been having to hand wash stuff, and that really takes a toll on the hands, wrists and back!

Nakamova

Super Moderator / Thank You Queen
Reaction score
How's it working out with the masks Nak? I mean, do you all have to buy your own?
In my city they're providing free masks at the same locations where they hand out free food for those in need. But the masks don't need to be the fancy ones that medical professionals use -- they can be homemade creations, or scarves or bandannas. (I wear a modified balaclava when I'm out and about). If you're infected, the masks are meant to stop some fraction of what you are breathing out. And if you're healthy, they're meant to stop some fraction of what you might be breathing in. So they aren't perfect, but the hope is that combined with distancing and handwashing they'll reduce the spread, especially in close spaces.

Sabbo

Veteran
Reaction score
I like to quilt & sew--not clothes, though, so I have a lot fabric. I've sewn masks for myself, my husband, & sons. My mother & I also made some for her to give to her friends that needed them.

Veteran
Reaction score
Loads of places are opening again here on monday. Mainly take-out places, cafes etc. KFC has already reopened, and there was huuuuuuge queues of cars waiting for the drive throughs :O I'm pretty sure things like cafes, coffee shops and all will be take away only, and i think things like clothes shops are still going to be closed.
Our takeaway places like McDonalds, KFC, fast food restaurant and pizza places etc were aloud to stay open. Just not aloud to dine in but were still aloud to have takeaway, so they servved takeaway or did delivery and places like KFC, McDonalds and a couple of fast food chains had drive through.

We've had a reduction in cases and looks like we have the virus under control so our government is starting to reduce some of the restrictions. I think I heard they want to start alowing dine in soon and open some of the retail shops to get the economy started.
Theyre also hoping to slowly get the kids back to school, at the moment theyre being homeschool and talking to teachers via zoom

Each state is different and its up to the premier (state leader) as to what they will do, at the moment my State is stillbeing strict and I dont think theyve made any changes.

C0urt

Veteran
Reaction score
back in early april i was down in jacksonville, I have since moved back up to birmingham there it didnt work out. either way I got arrested while out trying to refill my meds. Apparently I was a danger to myself and others, I still stand by the statement any cop that feels threatened by me with nothing in my hands, doesnt deserve to be an officer. But they stole my phone and broke my glasses in the process. And since the jail was full I spent two days in the mental institute under observation, i only just got a new pair of glasses yesterday, I am happy to be able to see again. They had to bring them out side and adjust them on the side walk for me, because you are suppose to have a face mask here, and you cant get in a store with out one, which seems kinda counter productive for people who dont have internet access or something similar. I had a 30 year old mask from a surgery when i was a kid i wore out a few times, but i have since misplaced it at some point i have have to find a new mask for my bear he looks naked now,