Coronavirus

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

We work in dollars and cents over here so our lowest amount is 5c.
Every time you put on the news the very 1st thing the local and national news report is update on corona virus.

For a while they had special news updates in the evening on the virus but not sure if they’re still on as I don’t watch them and there are ads reminding us what restrictions we are at.

But we are starting to get less cases over here so the government are reducing some of the restrictions but only some of the states. My state I live in is still stricter with some of the restrictions than other states.

Hi CQ,

I understand where you are coming from day after day that's all we hear about in the news and commercials. It's starting
to go down in the amount of viruses in the town I live in but the state is one of the highest in the U.S. thanks to NYC

I've learned it's better to buy my meat through a butcher shop because most of the time I can't get it in the store anymore.

Wishing you only the Best and May God Bless You,

Sue

There's been talk of reducing some of the restrictions here in the next week or so, but i think it's too soon. Being a seaside town, most people's income relies on restaurants, bars, tourist attractions etc. With the beach being closed people can't trade on the promenade (sea side) so there's a lot of people and business' going downhill. I've stopped watching the news recently, i should have a check and see what's going on lol. I do get daily corona briefs from the NHS though since i am (or was) a volunteer at the hospital.

Unfortunately the rate of infection is still on the rise in my state. So wearing a mask is now mandatory and quarantine-related restrictions are in place for at least the next few weeks. We've had some protests, but for the most part people are still in favor of keeping non-essential businesses shut down.

The cases are lowering here so the governments are starting to reduce some of the restrictions but it's up to each state.
The state i live in still has the strictest restrictions.

How's it working out with the masks Nak? I mean, do you all have to buy your own? Loads of places are opening again here on monday. Mainly take-out places, cafes etc. KFC has already reopened, and there was huuuuuuge queues of cars waiting for the drive throughs :O I'm pretty sure things like cafes, coffee shops and all will be take away only, and i think things like clothes shops are still going to be closed.

To be honest none of us really know whats happening, so we'll have to wait til the PM does a speech on sunday. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the launderette to be open again, at least for pick up and delivery! I've been having to hand wash stuff, and that really takes a toll on the hands, wrists and back!

How's it working out with the masks Nak? I mean, do you all have to buy your own?
In my city they're providing free masks at the same locations where they hand out free food for those in need. But the masks don't need to be the fancy ones that medical professionals use -- they can be homemade creations, or scarves or bandannas. (I wear a modified balaclava when I'm out and about). If you're infected, the masks are meant to stop some fraction of what you are breathing out. And if you're healthy, they're meant to stop some fraction of what you might be breathing in. So they aren't perfect, but the hope is that combined with distancing and handwashing they'll reduce the spread, especially in close spaces.

I like to quilt & sew--not clothes, though, so I have a lot fabric. I've sewn masks for myself, my husband, & sons. My mother & I also made some for her to give to her friends that needed them.

Loads of places are opening again here on monday. Mainly take-out places, cafes etc. KFC has already reopened, and there was huuuuuuge queues of cars waiting for the drive throughs :O I'm pretty sure things like cafes, coffee shops and all will be take away only, and i think things like clothes shops are still going to be closed.
Our takeaway places like McDonalds, KFC, fast food restaurant and pizza places etc were aloud to stay open. Just not aloud to dine in but were still aloud to have takeaway, so they servved takeaway or did delivery and places like KFC, McDonalds and a couple of fast food chains had drive through.

We've had a reduction in cases and looks like we have the virus under control so our government is starting to reduce some of the restrictions. I think I heard they want to start alowing dine in soon and open some of the retail shops to get the economy started.
Theyre also hoping to slowly get the kids back to school, at the moment theyre being homeschool and talking to teachers via zoom

Each state is different and its up to the premier (state leader) as to what they will do, at the moment my State is stillbeing strict and I dont think theyve made any changes.

back in early april i was down in jacksonville, I have since moved back up to birmingham there it didnt work out. either way I got arrested while out trying to refill my meds. Apparently I was a danger to myself and others, I still stand by the statement any cop that feels threatened by me with nothing in my hands, doesnt deserve to be an officer. But they stole my phone and broke my glasses in the process. And since the jail was full I spent two days in the mental institute under observation, i only just got a new pair of glasses yesterday, I am happy to be able to see again. They had to bring them out side and adjust them on the side walk for me, because you are suppose to have a face mask here, and you cant get in a store with out one, which seems kinda counter productive for people who dont have internet access or something similar. I had a 30 year old mask from a surgery when i was a kid i wore out a few times, but i have since misplaced it at some point i have have to find a new mask for my bear he looks naked now,

We were starting to get the virus under control and in June they even started lifting restrictions.
But the state I live in has had another outbreak and it’s turned into the blame game (same thing happened during the bushfires).
It’s more in the city and they had particular postcodes in the city which were hotspots and put on restriction. But as of today the whole of Melbourne (the city) is in strictest restrictions again only go out for medical, work (if need be), exercise and shopping for 6 weeks.

They’ve also closed the border of 2 states New South Wales / Victoria which is where I live right on the border of those 2 states. As of Tomorrow you will need a pass or can only go over fir particular reasons.
It’s going to really affect my town because there are a lot of people who live in one state and work in the other or like my work we do jobs on both sides so we will need to get passes. The police are looking out more fir the travellers from Melbourne who are trying to get through.

They are hoping this will only be a temporary placement until they get the virus under control again

Here near Chicago it isn't too bad. I'm at home 99% of the time of course. I only go to a couple stores when needed, & always wear a mask when I do. I keep sanitizer in my purse, which I use as soon as we return to our car, then I wash my hands when I get home.

Hi Folks,

Right now the virus is much better here in NY but now they are talking about sending students back to school and I'm
a little concerned about that. The school has to come up with a plan and the Gov. has to approve of it before students
will be allowed back in school. What has me concerned is what is going to happen when the cold weather comes and everyone
will stay inside not to mention colds and the flu. All of you should be sure to get a flu shot before the cold weather comes.
Wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

The 1st day of the border closure was mayhem, more so on in the nsw side (Albury).
The boys and boss who live on the other side of birder said it was fine getting to work (Wodonga) but the pile up in Albury was crazy and they weren’t sure how long it would take to get back to get to Albury.

Passes were available as off last night so I did passes for 2 off the apprentices and the boss and letter to say we work on both sides. Problem is passes only last 2 weeks so they have to be redone every 2 weeks 🤦🏼‍♀️🙄

Texas is getting pounded daily with new cases, especially in Dallas (me) and neighboring Terrant County. The schools are planning to open next month with extra precautions and we also have the option of at-home learning online. I'm torn on what to do with my 16 yr old son. He needs the socialization of being with peers but covid cases are rising everyday. In fact, we have been setting records each day on number of cases.

I work at a small church preschool with 9 to 14 month old babies. How the heck can you expect us to social distance? It'll be interesting to find out about new state licensing procedures and the extra work us teachers will have to do during our annual reviews. If I'm having to do a lot of extra work, I better get a decent pay raise. I'm putting myself and my family at risk of also getting sick. I know enrollment is down but my job should be secure since I'm the senior teacher of my age group.

I do think flu cases will be down with all the precautions everyone is already taking.

Scary stuff that's for sure.

My younger son starts his freshman year of high school this fall, & older son will return to U of I in Urbana. I still don't know what the high school is doing. I kind of hope they use online teaching as much as they can if they don't find a treatment. Most of the university's classes will be online, and he lives off campus.

The main areas of the city in the city I live in are in lock down again as of Tuesday so only going out for work, food, medical and exercise.

I was due to see my Neuro in June but it was pushed back to August. The epilepsy clinic I go to is in the city so I was worried my appointment would be pushed back again.

So I emailed my neuropsych yesterday but she was away so I rang my epilepsy nurse and she confirmed it should be fine. Clinics still running but only teleconference (which I do anyway) or telephone, no more face to face. I was more concerned because I'm need topamax next month but need to speak to him about it before I get a repeat.

The neuropsych emailed me this morning also conforming COVID isn't affecting the appointments and I should get an appointment in a couple of weeks

Pretty much everywhere has opened up here again now, fast food places are open but only to go in, pick up food and take it away again. Apparently they're going to make it compulsory to wear masks in shops soon, currently it's only while using public transport. Was at the hospital earlier for my interview and it was so eerily quiet compared to when i volunteered there! Everyone was wearing masks and i had to show my email invite to be allowed to enter. I know my way around there pretty well too, but they've made some stairwells and lifts so you can only go up/down, and will need to find another area to go the other direction. Then there's lifts which are for Covid patients only... all in all it's rather confusing lol.

We had this virus under control but now looks like we are going into a 2nd wave. My state in particular is pretty bad and it’s now hit other states.
The city has been in lock down since the beginning of the month and I think 2 weeks ago they bought in the main suburbs and city had to wear masks.

The virus hasn’t gotten up to the town where I am but they announced today that as of midnight Monday all of my state will have to wear masks.

My sister has made material masks for my parents, me and best friend and my parents got them today.

Masks can really make a difference, but it's hard to wear them all the time when it's super-hot (and it's been super-hot for a few weeks now).

Back
Top Bottom