Coronavirus

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Thanks a million, I am trying to forget about that part after my niece telling me I was old because I knew who the band "The Police" are. All I said was the music now is not that good, boy am I sorry, talk about a telling off from a 12 year old. 🤣
At less you know what the current music or popular singers are at the moment 😂
I wouldn’t even know that as I don’t really listen to the radio too much. I put it on for background noise for my bird and the station I doesn’t have the newer crappy music, more the stuff that was playing when I was younger.

The other receptionist at work likes to listen to the radio at work but I don’t put it on as I find it distracting. I find I often need to concentrate and it’s distracting enough with other stuff going on let alone unwanted noise.

At less you know what the current music or popular singers are at the moment 😂
I wouldn’t even know that as I don’t really listen to the radio too much. I put it on for background noise for my bird and the station I doesn’t have the newer crappy music, more the stuff that was playing when I was younger.

The other receptionist at work likes to listen to the radio at work but I don’t put it on as I find it distracting. I find I often need to concentrate and it’s distracting enough with other stuff going on let alone unwanted noise.

I wish I knew who the popular singers are at the moment mind you I was told what ones to download and listen to, even the site I should download from. She wanted to see my tic tok dance (I hope thats right) I did not even know there was such a thing all I could do was laugh as she told me she would download it to my phone for me, a 12 year old mind you and my laughing only made her angrier.

I like the radio as well but not at work, like you I find it distracting.

Last edited:
I wish I knew who the popular singers are at the moment mind you I was told what ones to download and listen to, even the site I should download from. She wanted to see my tic tok dance (I hope thats right) I did not even know there was such a thing all I could do was laugh as told me she would download it to my phone for me, a 12 year old mind you and my laughing only made her angrier.

I like the radio as well but not at work, like you I find it distracting.
At my old job one of my co workers liked playing music from Spotify through her laptop while she worked. It was a small office so I found it distracting when I was concentrating on something like invoices but learnt to switch off as I knew the others liked it. Then we moved to a bigger office and I was on my own.

I actually got used to having the radio on at home just don’t have it on at work unless one of my coworkers ask me to put it on (which they usually don’t).

I’m not into these new apps and things you use, I’ve seen tik tok on Facebook but don’t have it nor have I got any interest in it.
It’s bad enough listening to the school kids talking about that rubbish when I go on the bus to work 😂

At my old job one of my co workers liked playing music from Spotify through her laptop while she worked. It was a small office so I found it distracting when I was concentrating on something like invoices but learnt to switch off as I knew the others liked it. Then we moved to a bigger office and I was on my own.

I actually got used to having the radio on at home just don’t have it on at work unless one of my coworkers ask me to put it on (which they usually don’t).

I’m not into these new apps and things you use, I’ve seen tik tok on Facebook but don’t have it nor have I got any interest in it.
It’s bad enough listening to the school kids talking about that rubbish when I go on the bus to work 😂

Spotify, I think that was one she mentioned, do not quote me on that I could be very wrong and those new apps I have not got a clue and to be honest I do not want to know, although that being said any idea about Instagram that is supposed to be the in thing.

Spotify, I think that was one she mentioned, do not quote me on that I could be very wrong and those new apps I have not got a clue and to be honest I do not want to know, although that being said any idea about Instagram that is supposed to be the in thing.
Only one I use is face book and even that I’m not on a real lot. I don’t use any of the others.

I have music on my phone which I downloaded from cds or of the internet so play it while I’m walking but can’t be bothered with apps.

My brother is a computer geek so ofcourse his kids have always had the best of everything with technology. For his 13th birthday my brothers youngest son got a 3d printer as you do 🙄
I haven’t seen them for years but I visited them 6 years ago when the kids were younger and I had the kids teaching me all the stuff about the latest apps and ways to communicate with people . I’m like ok there’s more then messenger then 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️

Oh I got the bus to work this morning and the bus driver tells me that all public transport for my state is free. I lived on the border of 2 states so I asked him what what happens if I go across the border to the other town. He said then it’s up to driver. Some drivers are opting not to have hand to hand contact with passengers but some still are.

I heard something about some places don’t have to pay rent for a period of time but I don’t know if that is everywhere or up to the estate agent / landlord. My rent was supposed to go up next month but my property manager at the real estate agent messaged me last week to let me know the land lord has decided not to put the rent up at this stage during the corona virus.

Oh I got the bus to work this morning and the bus driver tells me that all public transport for my state is free. I lived on the border of 2 states so I asked him what what happens if I go across the border to the other town. He said then it’s up to driver. Some drivers are opting not to have hand to hand contact with passengers but some still are.

I heard something about some places don’t have to pay rent for a period of time but I don’t know if that is everywhere or up to the estate agent / landlord. My rent was supposed to go up next month but my property manager at the real estate agent messaged me last week to let me know the land lord has decided not to put the rent up at this stage during the corona virus.

That is good, free public transport and I am sure the drivers will not want any hand to hand contact so I reckon that is sorted as well, public transport has been cut a lot, more than was said but they still charge and there is murder at the moment because most of the big company's are still sending out bills, like the car company's.

The rent thing is good as well, they are talking about doing that here as well and it would be a big help to a lot of people, they are talking about suspending rates for small businesses, its ridiculous what the local councils are charging small businesses and I cannot see a lot of them opening back up after this.

That is good, free public transport and I am sure the drivers will not want any hand to hand contact so I reckon that is sorted as well, public transport has been cut a lot, more than was said but they still charge and there is murder at the moment because most of the big company's are still sending out bills, like the car company's.

The rent thing is good as well, they are talking about doing that here as well and it would be a big help to a lot of people, they are talking about suspending rates for small businesses, its ridiculous what the local councils are charging small businesses and I cannot see a lot of them opening back up after this.
Now to think of it, it might’ve been rent for shops they weren’t going to charge on not rental properties 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️
I think I saw it on a media release online but was sort of watching it as I was at work 😂. But it was really quite (almost time to go home and just me there and I was waiting for boss to get back so I could give him messages).

The bus driver was saying last week they weren’t picking up as many people, I got a taxi home tonight as I was exhausted and it didn’t look nice out. The taxi driver said they were picking up as many people since Coronavirus.
I’d say more people are staying home 👍🏻

There are very few on the buses here at the moment, the train is practically empty and taxi's well there is only one or two around me still going. People here who did not stay at home for one reason or another are starting to stay at home around me now, since one one of them got arrested on his way back from Dublin and tested for it, turns out they tested positive. All because they would not do what they were told by the people who know.

I just got the update that the US postal service may be shutting down this June do to the virus. If this happens anyone who doesn't have direct
deposit won't be getting a paycheck and also any meds that come in the mail won't be delivered. Lets hope this doesn't happen. I wish all of
you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

I just got the update that the US postal service may be shutting down this June do to the virus. If this happens anyone who doesn't have direct
deposit won't be getting a paycheck and also any meds that come in the mail won't be delivered. Lets hope this doesn't happen. I wish all of

Sue
Wow 😮
It’s not got that bad here yet, I think I heard on a news update on the radio that Australia post will start dropping medication to people who can’t get to the chemist to get it.

But I think most chemists have delivery services available if required. I know the chemist I always use does have free delivery as last year during the winter I would get my Webster packs dropped of to work because i never knew if I’d get there in time before ot closed or it was getting to dark for me when I walked.

Sue

Wow, that is rough thankfully that is not happening in Ireland so far. The postmen and women are calling in on the elderly people to make sure they are ok. Most communities have set up groups of people who will do the shopping, get your messages and anything else you need even medication. They put their phone number through the letter box so you can ring 24/7 and somebody will always answer even if its only for a chat which is good and you can get the phone number on the parish website or there face book page providing you have a computer.

It's nice to see the support that happens at the local level. Most people are basically decent and want to help (unlike the ones that are using the pandemic as an opportunity to scam people).

The support that everybody is showing is amazing and so worth it, it is hard to believe that people are using this pandemic to scam people.

There's a coffee shop/cafe here, a locally owned place (we don't get many locally owned) that is being threatened with closure because they can't afford the extortionate rents while they've had to shut up business. But the owner is using the place as a soup kitchen/food bank while he's had to close his business. His staff are all covered under the government guarantee but he isn't. I'm going to be sharing the heck out of this place all over social media, because guys like that don't deserve to just be turfed out through no fault of their own, especially when they do such good :(

I got a phone call last night and found out my best friend and her husband who live in Alaska have had the virus twice. People from
Asia came to Alaska to see the northern lights and then later on to see all the ice and many people in Alaska got the virus but they
are last on the list to get any supplies. I'm grateful my friend and her husband made it through the virus, it started up there back in Oct.
Here's wishing all of you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

I think the first case of the virus didn't show up in China until December, so your friend and her husband may have been sick with something else back in October. Either way it's scary, and hope they can stay safe. People can forget about the remote places that also need supplies.

Well things got worse again last night, thanks to some idiots deciding that being asked to stay in does not apply to them, feckin eejets, the Gardai have been given the power to arrest you, confiscate your car and a fine of €2500.00 if you go more than 2 kilometres from home. People have already had their car taken from them and told to walk home now they face court where they can get 6 months in prison as well as the fine. The rate of deaths doubled last night.

Well things got worse again last night, thanks to some idiots deciding that being asked to stay in does not apply to them, feckin eejets, the Gardai have been given the power to arrest you, confiscate your car and a fine of €2500.00 if you go more than 2 kilometres from home. People have already had their car taken from them and told to walk home now they face court where they can get 6 months in prison as well as the fine. The rate of deaths doubled last night.
Most people here are doing the right thing and staying home but some people are still going out, mainly in the cities.
I think a few weeks ago they started having police doing random checks on places and charging on the spot fines for anyone who wasn’t abiding by the rules

A few businesses got hefty fines and a couple other people got fined. The fines are anywhere from something like $1000 - $10,000

I often see police drive past when I walk home but I’m just walking home from work or the shops or the pharmacist as they are the only 3 places I go

Now they have trucks with loudspeakers going through the neighborhood, reminding people to social distance and wear masks. One just drove by me right now -- only problem is you can't really hear what they are saying, and they drive by pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom