Coronavirus

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

The guards here (police) have been given powers of arrest but instead they are telling people to stay in or to keep a 2 meter (6 feet) distance apart, there has only been one arrest in 3 weeks and it should have been more. Still some people think it is ok to break all the rules and not bother so the amount of deaths has risen a lot.

Sadly, the majority of deaths in my county are people in nursing homes — the people who can't keep their distance because they rely so much on others, and don't have a choice to go somewhere else. :(

I know the amount of deaths with me in nursing homes are not included in the daily deaths here even though they should be, unfortunately you are right the people in these homes have no chance and the department of health seems to be letting them die. I am not the only one who thinks they are deciding who lives or dies. England though is getting a fair wallop with this virus.

I understand where you are coming from Fedup I have a cousin whose a Dr. along with 2 nephews and my brother working in a hospital. I am grateful the virus has not bothered them yet. My brother took a month off to play it safe and he may retire since he's old enough now. I wish you only the best Fedup and my prayers are with everyone out there having to deal with this virus. Wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Porkette

Thank you and I hope you are looking after yourself. I hope your 2 nephews and your Brother are looking after themselves they are very important and I hope they realise it and tell them that.

It's been lovely and sunny here and i can see all my neighbours enjoying the sun in their gardens, and can smell their BBQ's. I live on the first floor so the best i can do is open my windows :( Might see if the landlord who lives downstairs has the key for the gate to the garden so i can access it too. Ah well, least i have to go out tomorrow to get my meds so hopefully it will still be sunny

Its Anzac day today where we remember all Aussie & NZ soldiers who faught & died in gallipoli. There's a Dawn service every year but this years different. No dawn services in each town, just the main one which was small & being filmed live on TV & radio.

So people went out to their front yards and drive way to remember the soldiers of gallipoli & world War 1 & all the soldiers who fight for our country. Think there was even a fb page set up. People were even putting rememberence and poppies on their fences to remmeber their day.

This will definetily be a year we will never forget

I have a new appreciation for the chemist who puts all my meds in the nomad trays for me, separated by time, dosage etc. They're not allowed to do it at the moment because they can't touch the tablets, so i just got all the boxes handed to me. This is going to be an interesting month full of missed and double dosages!

meds.jpg

Nothing like a challenge. Maybe you could use an egg carton?

Eggs are as rare as unicorn poo at the moment (i mean... who stockpiles a million eggs?). I'm currently looking around the place to see if i can find something to separate them into. Time to get inventive!

Little plastic baggies and file folders? Coffee mugs? Probably none of those are quite right...

I haven't come up with a solution yet but am thinking about it lol. Lots of little bags probably wouldn't be a good idea but it's funny to imagine :LOL:

I have a new appreciation for the chemist who puts all my meds in the nomad trays for me, separated by time, dosage etc. They're not allowed to do it at the moment because they can't touch the tablets, so i just got all the boxes handed to me. This is going to be an interesting month full of missed and double dosages!

View attachment 678
Do you have any Pill boxes or can you get any from the chemist or a cheap shop?
Before the chemist started doing webster packs (nomad trays) for me I was using pill boxes, I have a couple of weekly ones.
My chemist are still doing the webster packs, usually I have to sign them off but at the moment they're making my name down as collected so I dont have to sign them off.

I have come up with a solution! I was pottering around the kitchen earlier doing a bit of cleaning when i came across my ice cube trays. Which have two rows of seven wells each, to put the water in. Top row for morning, bottom for evening, and i can do two weeks at a time, then cover with cling film so i just have to punch a hole in it each time i need a dose :D Feeling rather pleased with myself lol

I have come up with a solution! I was pottering around the kitchen earlier doing a bit of cleaning when i came across my ice cube trays. Which have two rows of seven wells each, to put the water in. Top row for morning, bottom for evening, and i can do two weeks at a time, then cover with cling film so i just have to punch a hole in it each time i need a dose :D Feeling rather pleased with myself lol
What a good idea 👍🏻

Hi Folks,

I got a message that a strike will begin on Friday May 1st. Employees from Amazon, Target, Whole Food, Walmart, Fedex and instacart
are going on strike until they get better protection from their employer for the virus. It wouldn't surprise me to see the post office
go along with them. Here's wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

We have been staying home about 6 out of 7 days a week. The weather has been better so we've been outside as much as possible. Got a big garden in last week. 42 plants of various kinds of tomatoes and peppers plus, 4 cucumbers and a long row of onions. Unfortunately we've also had about 6 inches of rain since we planted it and the weeds are going crazy. We've lost a few plants to birds nipping them off and some to being washed out. Still have several tomatoes that look pretty good tho. Mainly worried about not being able to get in to weed it til who knows when as we can't even set foot in it right now and it's supposed to rain for three more days starting Sunday.

Otherwise not much else in our lives have changed. We do miss being able to go to church and the local resale shop but otherwise everything is about the same for us as we were pretty much home bodies anyway.

We're home 99% of the time. I only go out with my husband to the grocery store &/or maybe the hardware store about once a week. I've sewn masks for all of us--my husband, my sons, and myself.

Hi Folks,

Try doing this for fun, each time you hear the news about the virus or see a commercial about it put a penny in a jar
and see how much money you end up with by the end of the day or week. Have fun. Wishing all of you only the best
and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom