Coronavirus

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Masks can really make a difference, but it's hard to wear them all the time when it's super-hot (and it's been super-hot for a few weeks now).
My Chicago friend said the same thing about the hot weather but she saud you just put up with it.

We are nearing the end of winter here so not so bad with hot weather. I did see on news that with corona virus they haven’t had so many cases of flu this year over here because people were more cautious with hygiene and flu injection.

I’ve had people say they can fog up glasses but there are things to help with that plus I only wear reading glasses for the computer and don’t wear them that often lol. Only thing I wasn’t sure about but I’ll see how I go is my scar from my surgery is right near my left ear so not sure if it will irritate the scar.

I say it's easier to put up with having a wet face and not RUNNING to the store, than possibly your family dying because you didn't wear a mask.

That is, if you're not a denier and not belgian.

The belgians here wear them under their nose so they can say "But officer, I have a mask on!" and then they can't get fined. They do it with taxes too. :)

My Dad dropped the masks my sister made off to work yesterday, they’re cool and actually really comfortable and don’t bother my scar near my ear which is only thing I was concerned about .

We have to wear them all the time and I don’t drive so I’ll even wear them when I’m walking home or getting bus to work.
I don’t mind, if it’s going to help get this virus under control it’s worth it.

Hi Folks,

I just got the update on what's going to be happening at the school I work at. Parents have the choice of either
sending their child to school or they can stay at home and do 4 hrs. of school work on line. If students come to school
they must stay 6 ft. apart and a small amount of students will be in one classroom for the day while staff change classes.
If one student in the class get sick all of us are quarantined for 14 days.
Everyone has their choice but I know if I had any kids I would keep them home for their own safety. Wishing all of you
only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

The state I live in can’t get the virus under control, mainly because people aren’t listening or not staying home while they’re supposed to.
So the government has had to bring in tougher restrictions, it was announced Today what the restrictions are.

It’s worse in the city so they are on stage 4 which is tougher restrictions, I’m regional vic so I’ll be stage 3. I still don’t know how this will affect my work yet as it’s classed as under building industry.

BREAKING NEWS
Sunday, 2 August 2020

As of 6pm tonight a State of Disaster has been declared across Victoria. This allows police and other services to have additional power to enforce restrictions.

This State of Disaster will last for 6 weeks.

METROPOLITAN MELBOURNE
As of 6pm tonight, Metropolitan Melbourne will enter Stage 4 lockdown.

This means that on top of the 4 reasons you could already leave your home, there are further limits.
• From 8pm tonight, a curfew will apply within Metropolitan Melbourne. This curfew will run from 8pm to 5am every day. The only reasons to be out after curfew are to be getting care, giving care or going to/from work.
• You cannot go further than a 5km radius from your home.
• One person per day per household is allowed to go and do any shopping. Again, this must be done within the 5km radius.
• Recreational activities are no longer allowed.
• One hour of exercise is permitted, no further than 5km from home. A run, jog, walk in your own neighbourhood or exercise in your own home.
• No groups bigger than 2 people to be out and about, regardless if they are family or not. (Exemptions in regards to things such as single parents who cannot leave their kids at home will apply).
• All schools will switch to flexible and remote learning unless it is absolutely essential for the child to be at school. Special schools will remain open for those who require those settings.

These restrictions will last for 6 weeks.

REGIONAL VICTORIA
As of midnight, next Wednesday regional Victoria will enter Stage 3 lockdown.

This means that you cannot leave your home unless it is for the 4 following reasons –
• To shop for food and essential goods or services.
• The provide care, for compassionate reasons or to seek medical treatment.
• To exercise or for outdoor recreation.
• For work or study, if you can’t do it from home.

Restaurants, cafes, bars, gyms, etc. will all have to close. Takeaway and delivery options will remain.

Schools will switch to flexible and remote learning unless the child needs to be at school because of parents working or special needs.

These restrictions will last for 6 weeks.

EMPLOYMENT CHANGES
Premier Andrews has stated that further announcements will be made tomorrow in regards to employment. There will be 3 categories -
• Business as usual – supermarkets, butchers, bakers, food and beverage (takeaway and home delivery will remain).
• Reduced employment – places that will operate at a limited capacity with less staff.
• Closed employment – places that will need to work from home, or if that is not possible, they will need to close.

Police will be out in force making sure people have lawful reasons to have left their homes and are following restrictions.

Your State of Disaster rules are a bit more restrictive than the ones we had here in Massachusetts, but hopefully they will slow the spread of the virus. They've been easing up the rules here, and cases are starting to rise again, so we may be in for another shutdown...

Your State of Disaster rules are a bit more restrictive than the ones we had here in Massachusetts, but hopefully they will slow the spread of the virus. They've been easing up the rules here, and cases are starting to rise again, so we may be in for another shutdown...
Theyre calling it a state of disater now because they cant get the virus under control. Before ti was mainly in Victoria (my state), now it's gotten to other states because people with the virus have gotten into the other states.

There are many reasons why they cant get it under control and its a lot of blame games but mostly people in the city aren't listening to the rules.
Its almost impossible to cross the border because its closed but people from the city are coming up. There have been a few cases when people from the city have been caught and fine for being up in this area.

My mum and brother who live about 30 and 40 miles away are both under lockdown again, then yesterday the nearest city, 17 miles away was as well. Genuinely surprised my town hasn't had more restrictions. With people not being able to go abroad, they're flocking to the seaside resorts instead, and ours is the most well known one. Had to nip to town today and it was busier than i've seen it in months, especially with all the tourists flocking to the beach and prom. I suppose with it now officially being summer holidays maybe parents are trying to give their kids some fun so i can kind of understand it in a way but it's frustrating for those of us who live here.

We’re not aloud visitors now unless they are for care.
My parents sometimes grab stuff at the supermarket for me that I can’t get while walking and if I’m not home they’ll leave it inside or in the garage. They’re calling in later , will drop some stuff off for me I can’t get from the shops then leave

I have a teleconference appt on the 18th of this month with the genetics councillor to get my results in regards to the Huntington’s tests. During our other appointments my best friends always been there as support and the genetics councillor always said how important it was to have someone there when I get results.
With the no visitors rule I wasn’t sure how I’d go so I checked and it will be fine as it is classed as medical.

My mum and brother who live about 30 and 40 miles away are both under lockdown again, then yesterday the nearest city, 17 miles away was as well. Genuinely surprised my town hasn't had more restrictions. With people not being able to go abroad, they're flocking to the seaside resorts instead, and ours is the most well known one. Had to nip to town today and it was busier than i've seen it in months, especially with all the tourists flocking to the beach and prom. I suppose with it now officially being summer holidays maybe parents are trying to give their kids some fun so i can kind of understand it in a way but it's frustrating for those of us who live here.
We have a coastal city in Belgium called Blankenberge. Yesterday, the people were so overwhelming they started to fight and they got into a fight with the police. Tomorrow, the city is barring anyone coming from a train without a valid reason to be there from entering the city.

The college students are starting up already near me. Some of them were to be quarantined for 2 wks. because they came from other
countries or high risk states and the students didn't follow along so they have suspended them already. The virus is increasing here
in central NY already with students and others not following the rules. I wonder if I will be quarantined after school starts if one person
is sick I'm stuck in a classroom for 2 wks. Is it worth it? Wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

My husband, I, & my sons wear masks anytime we're going to any store. The only place we go without masks is my mother's house. I've sewn many masks. One store gave us a box of disposable masks free, which I'm sending with my son to U of I. My younger son's high school is starting totally remotely (fully online).

School starts back up here (in Ireland) on the 1st September and people are not happy about it at all, teachers now have to ware masks (visors) still some are giving out that they will not be able to hear them but nothing is being done about it by the government as regards the waring of masks in school. The virus here has started to climb again thanks to some holding house parties and teenagers refusing to ware a mask, mind you some of the adults are just as bad.

One was saying about it taking away his civil rights until he walked home and gave it to his father, it turns out the son is a carrier and can give it to others, now his father is in intensive care on a ventilator and things do not look good for the poor man, the son is now telling people to ware masks and get tested (bit late on his part now) mind you I would hate to be him knowing what he has done and what the outcome might be. My mother is in one of the counties under lockdown.

I wish folks didn't have to learn the hard way that the virus real, and wearing masks can make a difference.
Better to wear a mask than a hospital gown...

Very true it is better to ware a mask than a hospital gown, unfortunately you are not allowed into a hospital to visit somebody here.

You have that right Fedup my husband is under knee surgery now and they wouldn't let me go to the hospital to
see how he made out so I'm waiting for the Dr. to call.

I am wondering if I should wear a hospital gown the paper ones while I'm at school then I can just put it in recycling.
I want to play it safe instead of sorry.

Wishing all of you well and May God Bless You,

Sue

Myself. personally I think you should, like you said its better safe than sorry. I hope your husband gets better soon so you stop worrying.

I've found disposable masks survive when you intentionally or not leave them in your pockets in the washer

HumbleDeer

I've found disposable masks survive when you intentionally or not leave them in your pockets in the washer
I would imagine they are called "disposable" for a good reason, would it not be better to get a reusable mask you can wash. I mean the cost of a mask against the cost of your life, the cost of a mask might be worth it.

The only thing that angers me is seeing many of those disposable masks &/or gloves thrown around the ground on store parking lots. Don't those people realize how much litter they're creating?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom