Coronavirus

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

The only thing that angers me is seeing many of those disposable masks &/or gloves thrown around the ground on store parking lots. Don't those people realize how much litter they're creating?!?!?

Yes they do create litter but they can also contain droplets of other peoples breath ect and if you happen to be asymptotic that causes a problem.

HumbleDeer

I would imagine they are called "disposable" for a good reason, would it not be better to get a reusable mask you can wash. I mean the cost of a mask against the cost of your life, the cost of a mask might be worth it.
Yes and no. Probably?

I can't breathe through cloth reusable masks.

How easy it is to breath through a cloth mask depends on the fabric its made of, as well as how many layers of fabric are in it. I make them with 2 layers of woven cotton fabrics. I've seen that anything greater than 2 layers can be too much. Knit fabrics sometimes aren't as "breathable".

Yes and no. Probably?

Yes and no. Probably?

Totally understand and except the problem and its not your fault. I do not know about you but it annoys me when I meet people who say they cannot wear a mask and still decide to go out and walk up behind you, they could be asymptomatic or I could be and when you ask them to step back or something they tell you its all blown out of proportion and yet all Health Authorities tell us not to reuse disposable masks, which are a good mask, Keep our distance and wash our hands.

Totally understand and except the problem and its not your fault. I do not know about you but it annoys me when I meet people who say they cannot wear a mask and still decide to go out and walk up behind you, they could be asymptomatic or I could be and when you ask them to step back or something they tell you its all blown out of proportion and yet all Health Authorities tell us not to reuse disposable masks, which are a good mask, Keep our distance and wash our hands.
Oh I can wear a mask, just not cloth ones. And if I have a day I can't wear one at all, I stay home and ask my friends to pick up my totally healthy food from the store. :)

Edit: and I reuse disposable masks because money doesn't grow on my back (or in my lungs.)

Oh I can wear a mask, just not cloth ones. And if I have a day I can't wear one at all, I stay home and ask my friends to pick up my totally healthy food from the store. :)

Edit: and I reuse disposable masks because money doesn't grow on my back (or in my lungs.)

Very true money does not grow on trees as I am aware unfortunately, but then neither does my life so you are caught no matter what way you turn. I wish I was as good as you with the totally healthy foods.

Hi Folks,

Here's wishing all of you only the best. It's back to school for me Sept. 3rd and I sure hope I don't get the virus being
around over 200 students along with staff. I have to be honest I'm a little scared especially since the college students
have come back the virus is increasing. I just hope nobody has it in the school. Wishing all of you only the best and
May God Bless All of You!

Sue

Hi Folks,

Here's wishing all of you only the best. It's back to school for me Sept. 3rd and I sure hope I don't get the virus being
around over 200 students along with staff. I have to be honest I'm a little scared especially since the college students
have come back the virus is increasing. I just hope nobody has it in the school. Wishing all of you only the best and
May God Bless All of You!

Sue

Hi Porkette

I have nightmares just thinking about back to school there is no way I would have a hope in hell of doing any of the home work/assignments, let alone teaching, so you are a fair person for one person. Best of luck on your return and I hope nobody has it there either.

Hi Fedup,

Thanks for your kind words but only 12 teachers are coming back to school so it should be interesting and I just
found out this morning that 61 college students have tested positive for the virus. I just may look into taking the yr.
off since I have 171 sick days and then I will retire if I can afford the health ins. That's what's been stopping me from
retiring is the cost of the ins.
Thanks again and I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Good luck Sue, I can't imagine having to work under those circumstances. It's not just the virus, it's the stress of worrying about getting it...

Hi Nakamova,

Thanks for your kind words. I'm looking into health ins. but I'm not old enough to receive medicare so it's a little hard.
Right now the virus is going up like crazy and parents have sent their kids to school knowing they have the virus. I'm about
ready to say good bye for my own safety. I got a letter from the American Academy of Neurology and they stated that
people with epilepsy are at a higher risk of getting the virus because some of the seizure meds. will lower the white blood count
which fights off infections. You take care and I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi Folks,

It hasn't even been 2 wks. and they are shutting school down so students will only come to school 2 days a week. The main reason
is do to the college students partying and increasing the virus now we have over 800 cases in town. Only 39% of the teachers in the jr. high
and High school were willing to come back to work so we are short staff. I'm now looking to retire and finding a job someplace else.
Wishing All of You only the Best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi Folks,

It hasn't even been 2 wks. and they are shutting school down so students will only come to school 2 days a week. The main reason
is do to the college students partying and increasing the virus now we have over 800 cases in town. Only 39% of the teachers in the jr. high
and High school were willing to come back to work so we are short staff. I'm now looking to retire and finding a job someplace else.
Wishing All of You only the Best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hello Sue

They have reopened the schools here and it has not been a good idea, unfortunately the children are testing positive and some teachers and the children's family's are becoming infected so I definitely do feel for all the teachers and I think they are right to refuse, I was listing to a doctor and a patient who recovered talk about corvid-19 and what struck me the most was the recovered patient said if you get it you will wish you were dead, that is some statement to make, it really makes you think. So keep safe and mind yourself as everybody here is doing I hope.

Hi Fedup,

I agree with you it's not a good idea to open up the schools at least in my area we are now up to 395 cases to the 800 cases
that have already been as of (Sept. 22) As far as school goes there are so many job openings at the school district where I work
that haven't been filled that it wouldn't surprise me if they keep the students on line for school the entire school yr. Nobody
wants to take the chance of getting the virus. I will know for sure come Oct. 5th if students will be back at school. All of you
take care and May God Bless You!

Sue

I'm not quite sure how kids going to school are working because I don't have any and don't know any one with kids. I do see that when we drive past the high school there are almost no cars there, so I'm assuming they aren't in the school. At most there are maybe 10 cars in total and I know that can't be students so I'm not really sure who they are.

I've seen a good bit of younger children playing on the playground during school time so I'm thinking that they might be having classes in the school. I don't know if it's every day or not because we don't drive past that school very often. Don't know if they are wearing masks or not because when we drive by it's not close enough to see.

Hi Folks,

Well the virus broke out at school today (Oct. 15th) both a student and teacher got it and the sad thing is the student
rides a bus so that will possibly spread to others. Take my word I've been washing like crazy and my hands and face are
dry not to mention I've been doing much more laundry.

Here's wishing all of you well and May God Bless All of You!

Sue

The high school our son goes to had started in person learning 3 weeks ago, but we've kept our son on remote learning. The requirements would have made it very hard, and he'd only be going there 1 day a week. They divided the returning students into 4 groups--each attends 1 day/week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday. They've had 2 cases of the virus reported there since then, but haven't had to close. Now I'm very happy I didn't send him.

Porkette

You do an important job but you need to look after yourself because if you get sick, its not that easy get a replacement. So bottom line "MIND YOURSELF"

Sabbo

Be honest with you I could not attempt school again no matter what I like to think so fair play to your son. The rules and requirements are not easy and make things hard but keeping everybody safe is not easy and you seem to have made the right choice in regards things. Be safe and mind yourself and the family.

Hi Sabbo,

At the school where I work at parents had the choice to keep their kids home or send them to school. Students
who come to school come only 2 days a week they go by the persons last name A-K come on Mon. & Tues.
and the rest of the kids come Thurs. and Friday. Nobody including staff come to school on Wed. and when students
are not in school they are getting their education online at home. It's crazy to me and the way things are going I have
a feeling everyone will be doing online schooling. I wish you and your family the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom