Diary of an Epileptic

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Oh I hate when that happens. Chewing gum is dangerous! And no chewing gum and snowmobiling at the same time, that's juts asking for trouble.

Congrats on the t-c free week.

lol i know. I was thinking, breathing, talking, blinking, chewing and sitting. too many things at once lol!

lol i know. I was thinking, breathing, talking, blinking, chewing and sitting. too many things at once lol!

I don't think my poor little brain could keep up with all that activity! :roflmao:

apparently mine couldnt either. It had to force something to stop. Im just happy it didnt pick breathing!

I hate thursdays.

even more than I hate mondays. Why? because I know that I still have to get through one more day until the weekend, regardless of how crappy the week was, or will be. No sleeping in until then, no matter how tired I am today or tomorrow. No cuddling with chad in the morning. :( I HATE thursdays. At least on a Monday, i am pretty well rested, and I can hope the week will go well and try to make it not so boring and or frustrating.

Granted this is the least stressful job I have ever had, and its because I work with men. The is no bickering or gossip or rumors. there is nobody worrying about dress code as long as nobodys "bits" are visible. Jeans are mandatory because they realize that your going to wreck hundreds of pairs of dress pants from paint, or grease, or whatever, and most things can come off of jeans.

I am groggy this morning. its insanely foggy today. I cant even look outside the window to see the cars in the parking lots. and because there is small openings from the doors and pipes that bring air in from outside, the front office is also foggy. not that bad though, but still makes my vision seem super weird.

Crazy headache from yesterday. The guys were using varsol, varnish, spray paint, burning wood and asphalt/tar. I haad so many smells i couldnt tell if one was a seizure or not. I got dizzy and woozy, nausea and a huge headache. because they didnt ventilate right. and there is still residual smell today. I am totally going to puke by the end of today, but i can't leave, as again, I am the only one here.

UPDATE: Last Tonic Clonic, Feb 7th 2010.
Which means almost 2 weeks as of sunday.
LAMICTAL: so far, brand name is worse than generic. tummy aches/cramps. burning skin/splotches. no blisters and nothis seems worse, but the burning is persiting and seems to be worse. Eyes are red, like im super tired, stoned or drunk. actually, like when your swimming and the chlorine burns your eyes.throat is a little tight/dry feeling, and still coughing. like exhaling hurts. I got this once before on the generic, so now i think its more of an allergy or side effect. Will stick it out until friday evening, and then high tail it to the ER if it isnt better by then.

Last edited:
Iposted this in another thread

it was called AED's and Dreams. I thought it interesting, so I think i am going to post it here.

LAMICTAL (lamotrigine), an anti-epileptic drug of the phenyltriazine class, is chemically unrelated to existing anti-epileptic drugs. Its chemical name is 3,5-diamino-6-(2,3-dichlorophenyl)-as-triazine, its molecular formula is C9H7N5Cl2, and its molecular weight is 256.09. Lamotrigine is a white to pale cream-colored powder and has a pKa of 5.7. Lamotrigine is very slightly soluble in water (0.17 mg/mL at 25°C) and slightly soluble in 0.1 M HCl (4.1 mg/mL at 25°C).

LAMICTAL Tablets are supplied for oral administration as 25 mg (white), 100 mg (peach), 150 mg (cream), and 200 mg (blue) tablets. Each tablet contains the labeled amount of lamotrigine and the following inactive ingredients: lactose; magnesium stearate; microcrystalline cellulose; povidone; sodium starch glycolate; FD&C Yellow No. 6 Lake (100 mg tablet only); ferric oxide, yellow (150 mg tablet only); and FD&C Blue No. 2 Lake (200 mg tablet only).

this is from a website i found. I did a check on what is in it, and what they are/do.

dichlorophenyl has similar reactions and effects as cocaine.
povidone a synthetic polymer used as a dispersing and suspending agent. basically the vehicle for the drug
ferric oxide: A dark red compound, Fe2O3, occurring naturally as hematite ore and rust and used in pigments and metal polishes and on magnetic tapes
Triazine compounds are often used as the basis for various herbicides such as cyanuric chloride

lovely

so i guess this means I have a tiny metal car filled with cocaine and herbicides in my tummy/blood/brain. I think that might be a good way to think about it... not.

so i guess this means I have a tiny metal car... I think that might be a good way to think about it...

It's only good if it's a Ferrari. :roflmao:

(sorry, couldn't resist. When my head is about to explode, I start cracking jokes to take my mind off the pain.)

Friday....

Well its friday. I would normally be ecstatic about this mundane fact, but not so much today. granted i could sleep in tomorrow, but I feel REALLY funny today. The burning feeling is still there and my eyes are still red. nothing has changed from the description above, except for a few hours the burning got worse.

Have you checked in with your doc about it?

No, i actually wanted the post to be a bit longer, but I got a strange vertigo feeling, which i think is about to start again. I want to go home. i cant even concentrate on my work anymore

Maybe that's the Lamictal -- I get that vertigo sensation with it. Feel better!

Yeah, the feeling only lasted a minute or 2 and then came back. its gone just as fast as i notice its there.

I also just feel kinda off today in general. I cheated a bit today and had a real brownie, and i think that I kinda screwd myself there. I have no will power at all./

I think that I should be lying down right now. I got half our left at work, which is about how long it takes chad to get here. so he has already left to come get me. I have this worry in the pit of my stomach that something isnt right. You ever get that feeling? I just cant pin point what. I mean, nothing around me could be a thing to worry about. every once in a while, while looking down, i can see the flourescent light flicker above me, but when I look up its fine.

Just got to suck it up and go through it. I have modeling again on the 7th. wedding dresses this time. I was going to put up pictures of the last time that I modeled, but I realized that after the photos were taken, that it wouldnt be so appropriate given the attire.

But I have to go in Monday evening to Stella's bridal and get fitted for 3 dresses. I get to represent the "off beat' bride. so to speak. things with jagged cuts and stuff

I don't think it's the brownie. I've had some concern about you and the lamictal since the first nosebleed which coincided with a higher dosage. I would go to the ER and get checked out. It may be nothing, but you don't know that for certain. Especially since it seems to be getting worse.

I don't think it's the brownie. I've had some concern about you and the lamictal since the first nosebleed which coincided with a higher dosage. I would go to the ER and get checked out. It may be nothing, but you don't know that for certain. Especially since it seems to be getting worse.

THis.

Back
Top Bottom