Do you smoke

Do you smoke

• Yes

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • No

Votes: 32 68.1%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

The e-cigs I buy are 15ml bottles and it's the same as smoking benson & hedges....the neighbour tried it and said the puff was strong and I've never craved a cig since starting.

I found smoking and even with the e-cig a relaxant and that puff keeps me carm...regarding seizures I've seen no difference.

Yeah I think mine are 15ml bottles. The first time I tried one I was very surprised at how closely they simulate real cigs.

I still want a real one after a seizure though lol- but then I'm not trying to quit with the vaporizers, just be a bit more healthy..

Hi SlimBlue,

The bottles I buy are £10 for one £15 for two bottles or £20 for 3.

Mine is like smoking a proper fag but I had a temporal lobe seizure two weeks back and my hubby said my mind reverted back in time and when I was coming round I was asking for a fag, he tried the e-cig but it was'nt recognized by me...so he asked the neighbour for one till I came round proper.

Hmm I think it's very similar with me in the post-ictal phase.

As well, coz I smoke rollies, there's also the addiction of the 'ritual' to feed as well. Getting one together is almost as calming to me as smoking it.

I switched to rollies when I stopped smoking weed so much, and I use that process to abate the psychological addiction to the process of crafting spliffs..

I think that's the only reason why I wan't a real rollie after a seizure- coz what I really want is a spliff.

Last edited:
Thank you SlimBlue you said what I was trying to say.

What's a rollie?

valeried a rollie is a rolled up cig with or without tips at the end added...as I used to roll my own years ago but I had to stop them as they was making my lungs bleed (fetching up blood) excuse my expression through my lung disease.

Yup, a 'rollie' is a handmade cig from papers, and loose tobacco - and I buy filter tips as well (coz I don't want my lungs to bleed lol).

With filters they're actually better than normal cigs, as they're thinner, and the loose tobacco doesn't contain the additives normal cigs do..

Obviously they're still bad for you, but they're much cheaper, a bit healthier, and as I posted earlier- abate my psychological addiction to crafting spliffs..

Last edited:
Yup, a 'rollie' is a handmade cig from papers, and loose tobacco - and I buy filter tips as well (coz I don't want my lungs to bleed lol).

With filters they're actually better than normal cigs, as they're thinner, and the loose tobacco doesn't contain the additives normal cigs do..

Obviously they're still bad for you, but they're much cheaper, a bit healthier, and as I posted earlier- abate my psychological addiction to crafting spliffs..

Hi SlimBlue,

You can :roflmao: but i'm not joking I started coughing up blood and my dad swore I had TB very nice on the list..got tested and the result came back nil :clap:

I then saw another doctor who had me x-rayed and also examined my chest and I had severe bronicle bronchitis and I was a bad smoker on roll ups at one time...so fetching up blood daily became a regular routine and to this day now...I still fetch blood up with both bronchitis and COPD lung disease and I thought the e-cigs would help it stop NO WAY :ponder:

I'm not laughing- I'm well aware of the damage unfiltered smoking does :(

That's why I use filters..

When I had chronic single pneumonia 4 years ago, I had a fully collapsed left lung and was coughing up blood constantly.

If I'd have left it a few more days to go to hospital (after 9 days) I wouldn't be here typing this.

Still went back to smoking though- even after being carved open and on a table for 4 hours getting my lung scraped out :(

I've got a 9" scar on my back that I tell new partners is a shark bite lol

Please don't call me stupid- I know I am..

Last edited:
I'm not laughing- I'm well aware of the damage unfiltered smoking does :(

That's why I use filters..

When I had chronic single pneumonia 4 years ago, I had a fully collapsed left lung and was coughing up blood constantly.

If I'd have left it a few more days to go to hospital (after 9 days) I wouldn't be here typing this.

Still went back to smoking though- even after being carved open and on a table for 4 hours getting my lung scraped out :(

I've got a 9" scar on my back that I tell new partners is a shark bite lol

Please don't call me stupid- I know I am..

I used to tip my roll ups and today I could have gone :mad:...I see the neuro tomorrow and the dentist phoned and asked if i could go in tomorrow and still have my teeth sandblasted to make them like new and remove any stains indented, so now it's sometime in November.

Christ you had a rough time concerning the pneumonia but i know what it's like as I've had that twice myself and also pleurisy 3 times and how you had your lung scraped...my left lung is pure black and they caught the COPD off the right lung.

I'll say this it's definitely one way of attracting the opposite sex :tup:

Actually you make me laugh with what you say to me :adore:

:)

Hahaha sharkbite story wins every time ;)

"Excuse me miss, would you like to see my 9 inch.."

*SLAP*

(from floor) "..er, scar?" :p

:)

Hahaha sharkbite story wins every time ;)

"Excuse me miss, would you like to see my 9 inch.."

*SLAP*

(from floor) "..er, scar?" :p

Well of course it would...the old scars become quite entertaining :roflmao:

Well only for the old man there'd be no :bondage:

SlimBlue the discussions on fags...not entertainment :rolleyes:

Sowwy, couldn't resist that bad joke :D

Anyway, back on track - I often wonder if it's harder for me to quit smoking, not just coz of the E, but the meds as well. I know that may sound like a bad excuse, but it's not just after a seizure. I know when I'm getting all anxious coz of the Keppra and then I just chain those little rollies constantly. Vaporizer doesn't help then :(

Sowwy, couldn't resist that bad joke :D

Anyway, back on track - I often wonder if it's harder for me to quit smoking, not just coz of the E, but the meds as well. I know that may sound like a bad excuse, but it's not just after a seizure. I know when I'm getting all anxious coz of the Keppra and then I just chain those little rollies constantly. Vaporizer doesn't help then :(

We've got to have the crack at times because if not life would be one boring episode.

Well packing up in the past as been one hard session for me and the patches did it for 5mths and I dropped down hill with the seizures and depression and bang i was there again but when I have a seizure it's a normal fag I want...seizures put one hell of a lot of stress on we mentally besides physical aching and that puff dow half relieve it and nobody will understand unless they have what we do.

If you need a roll up or fag then it's up to you, if it helps after a seizure or coping with the anxiety off the keppra.

Working off of Cigs (loose tobacco, tubes and carpet glue free) to vaporizer only. I have used a mix for over a year now and have been "stuffing" tubes for 2 and a half years. Being a 30 year smoker, plus other reasons (not just smoking), I am showing some signs of early COPD. So, my vaporizer consists of a variable voltage battery and a variable air flow tank. This way I can make adjustments "on the fly" depending on how I am doing, and who I am with, at any given time when I "vape" (use the vaporizer). I love the different flavors too! The only thing I am still working out is which is best to use; the Propylene Glycol liquids or the ones with out (knows as "PG Free" and made with Vegetable Oil in most brands that I have seen). Plus, I am just tired of smelling like an ashtray.

As for seizures, mass manufactured cigs (Marlboro, Winston, etc.) give me massive migraines. These migraines are, for me, an indication of a seizure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom