EEG is done, now the wait

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Well, home from the EEG. Not much to tell, I won't know the results for 1 to 2 days. Last time, they did a series of flashing lights with my eyes closed and I blew on a pinwheel for 3 minutes to bring on hyperventilation.

They didn't do the pinwheel thing this time because of the fact I had a brain bleed. I guess it's possible it could cause something bad to happen, maybe a stroke or something, I don't know. Anyway, they just did the lights and then I had to relax with eyes closed for 20 minutes. Nothing happened except I was bored. lol So now I wait for results.

First time they did it, it was before the bleed was discovered. Now with them not doing the pinwheel due to the brain bleed, makes me wonder if the first EEG brought on the bleed, doubtful but have to wonder now. Will probably never know. Will let you know when I get the results.

My first EEG I was pretty sure that nothing happened. But they told me I fell asleep during it (I would have sworn I was awake the whole time), and I did produce abnormal brainwaves. So you never know.

Angel,

did they treat the bleed? How soon after discovering it?
Im not sure how you want your test to turn out, but wishing you well.
Good luck.

maryltyme, I had brain surgery to remove the blood. I had so much, it was pushing the brain to the side, discovered it during an MRI my Neurologist ordered to see why I had the seizure. I had the first EEG before the bleed was discovered.

I'm just hoping for an answer to why I had a seizure but that may never come, however I am high risk and think my Neurologist wants me on meds for life which isn't a bad thing, considering the alternative.

My Neurologist rescheduled me to the next day cause he's going to be in a meeting but I'll have results before then, just have to wait that long to talk to him about it.

I don't think an EEG could cause a brain bleed -- unless maybe they provoked a seizure during the EEG and maybe that would provoke a bleed.

I think it's more likely that whatever condition caused the seizure to begin with (the reason you had the first EEG) also caused the bleed.

Yeah, I'm sure it was something that happened before the EEG that caused the bleed and the seizure. I didn't have a seizure this time or the time before when I had an EEG

Back
Top Bottom