Good News Everyone!! I Got Some Answers!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JLogefeil

New
Reaction score
So I had my last meeting with my Psychologist and he said there not psudoseizures but complex partial seizures. And said now the doctors will be able to work with you to find out if there something more to them.
I can say that I m happy, I'm sure that sounds weird. I know for a fact that I m not crazy.
I really don't know what to do from here?
I also wanted to say that I know there are many people who are still tryin to get diagnosed, so please don't give up and you know your body better then they do. Doctors do the least amount of work they can do. Thank you so much for the support and answers and talking to me.
With Lots Of Love:
JLogefeil

I'm still waiting for a clear diagnosis.
I'm glad your type has gotten identified!
I do have faith that different Rx have different effects.
Hopefully now you'll get centered around a better meds plan.
Seizures are horrible.

Wonderful to get some answers! I hope they can now get you on some proper medication to get things under control!
I bet the future is looking pretty bright to you right now!

It's great that you have some answers, though from your description on other threads it sounded as if your seizures were more like tonic-clonics than complex partials. Maybe something to straighten out with the neurologist.

Ya, that's what I thought they were more TC. But he basically just had to rule out that there not psudoseizures. My Psychologist is not a medical doctor but I think that he just opened the door way for me to show the doctors that I did what they wanted me to do and it's not what they think but now they need to find out what's goin on.
Does that make sence?

yes, ruling out a psychological cause is a good first step, and hopefully the neurologist will take it from there. Definitely give him all the info in terms of your symptoms.

"Ruling out a psychological cause “

at times a darn hard n long and honest road (but a worthy path to follow), so I keep my eyes open at all times (Mama) and if I see my Son acting out of order, we talk about it...It helps because E causes enough brain havoc; sometimes just putting it all back into perspective helps him ‘us’

That's excellent to hear.

I spent I years expressing concerns to drs about my hallucinations. After years of depression and anxiety and taking into account how much I experimented with illegal substances when I was younger,I was convinced I was developing some sort of psychosis. No psychologists or drs agreed with me so I started wondering if I had aspergers. Again, no one would agree with me. All it took to get sent to a neuro was a TC and a trip to hospital. The fact that I'd had a series of convulsions, that I was kinda out of body aware of, while on mushrooms when I was 17 helped but my neuro now discounts that.

It seems the journey to diagnosis is often a strange one.

Good luck on your next chapter of the diagnosis journey! One step closer to effective treatment!

Back
Top Bottom