help with seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

franzeska

New
Reaction score
hi there,
i ve been having undiagnosed seizures for the past nine years since i had my first child,(read profile to get full story) ive only just been referred to a neurologist now as the doctors ive had in the past have been useless. but lately they have got worse i'm having partial seizures at least 3 times during the day and am also having blood sugar issues.it is rising very quickly up to 16mmol 15 mins after eating a meal and
dropping back down to 5.5 within the next 10 minutes. i have had hypo episodes where i have been very unwell and its gone down to 3.3 and lower.
do you think this could cause the partial seizures?
(i have do not have diabetes)

i have to wait months to see a neurologist any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Hi franzeska, welcome to CWE!

There can definitely be a link between low blood sugar and seizures. Both generalized and partial seizures can be symptoms of hypoglycemia. Is there any chance you can see a dietician or nutritionist soon? Depending on the kind of hypoglycemia you are experiencing, there may be dietary changes you can make that will help.

Best,
Nakamova

Back
Top Bottom