Homeopathy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi, Ray
It is a complete medical system, such as Chinese Traditional Medicine, developed in Europe in 1800.
The idea is individualized treatment with the minimal dose, non toxic remedies.
Google the Homeopathic Medical Association of Canada for finding a homeopath in your area.
There are also non-doctor practitioners that can be helpful in many common problems, but I would hesitate to see one in connection with a serious condition such as epilepsy or asthma.

hmm I was thinking maybe start with something for acne, or my horrible nails. lol

Yeah, I think I would rather go to a doctor one for something to do with my seizures.

In treating any chronic condition either doctor or homeopath will have to take your seizures into account. And the reaction might be first on the seizures and last on acne.
I wanted to treat my hay fever but the immediate improvement was on panic (which was much more debilitating anyway). It's like the body gets a boost and puts this extra energy in the place where it is most needed.
I had quite a journey with it, and great luck.
All the best to you
Anya

You can check out more of what homeopathy is by checking out holisticonline . com and scroll down to alternative therapies on the left...in this box, you can click on homeopathy and read more about what it is (sorry, I still can not post links).

Rae, it would still be best to use a professional homeopath for conditions such as acne and bad nails since these sound like chronic conditions, as does epilepsy. You can use homeopathy on your own for acute conditions such as colds, flu, injuries, diarrhea...basically anything that is not chronic for you.

A good place to go to find a recommended homeopath is a local health food store that sells homeopathic remedies. Some brand name remedies that sell in the USA are Boiron and Heel. I bet you could find those in Canada as well.

Another website that lists homeopathic practitioners is homeopathic . org but I am not sure if Canada is covered. I will check it out later to see.

Rae-
homeopathic . org
click on homeopathic resources, then find a practitioner
here you can enter "Canada" under country and find someone...

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom