In the hospital writing this.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I'm def. bummed beecause they said it was supposed to only be for 3 days, but now they're like "waiiit we meant until Monday." Whoops. They've done this whole video EEG thing twice before with nothing to show for it. Life. Wasted. Butt muscles. Gone. jk...maybe.

Oh, I'm from "the region" sooo I go to University of Chicago or Rush St. Luke's for my treatments.

Can I say, Worst Spring Break Ever?

I think I can. Crochet anyone?

Dang - I knew it! I can almost say
it's the most ABUSED line ever:

"We're going to have you in for a 3
day short term monitoring for video
EEG at the Hospital" ....

I almost want to make a POLL out of
it --- I don't think anyone has ever
actually BEEN there for 3 freaking
days ...

The next line?

"Ummm - we're going to keep you
here for one more night ..."

And you hear this for what? Almost
every day

-OR-

"We're going to keep you here for
a couple more days; probably until
Friday or next week."

Doesn't this sound familiar???

OH what the HECK - I'm going to
MAKE A POLL!

Crochet? I love it, but my vision
doesn't like it anymore! Can you
KNIT too???

Can I say, Worst Spring Break Ever?

I spent Spring Break during my first year of college working a consulting job. My father's company was doing a project for a client in New Jersey and they practically begged me to come because they needed more people.

So I went and ended up sitting in an empty office for eight hours a day - every day - and trying not to fall asleep from boredom. There was absolutely nothing for me to do except think about what fun I could have been having had I stayed home.

It wasn't all bad though. I did make a couple grand for a week's worth of consulting. I spent that money on a used boat and spent the summer water skiing with friends. Silver linings....

Haha. I actually barely know how to crochet. If I tried, I'm sure I could make them bookmarks. Bookmarks for babies doesn't seem as noble as a cute little cap.

Just moving in a circular pattern instead of back and forth. Similar to dancing...

GAUGE:

18 sc and 16 rows = 4" (10 cm) on size I-9 (5.5 mm) hook BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you less stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.

Baby Bonnet

With G hook and White, ch 57.

Row 1 Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, ch 1, turn (56 sc).

Row 2 Sc in each sc across, ch 1, turn.

Rows 3 – 40 Repeat Row 2. After Row 40, fasten off. Using 2 strands of White and tapestry needle, thread yarn through each space of starting ch. Gather tightly and tie securely. Sew side seam beginning from gathered top for 2 inches, leaving 6 inches open for back of neck and front cuff. Fasten off. Starting at center back, with F hook and Pastel Pink for girl or Pastel Blue for boy, work 1 row sc with 3 sc in each corner evenly around entire edge of bonnet. End with sl st in first sc, fasten off. Fold back front 1 inches of bonnet.

Don't say we didn't attempt to keep you busy.

Hahaha! Ya'll know how to cheer me up. I'll try and make caps. I'm on sleep deprivation tonight until 4am. Should be Maaarrvelous. :)

Just stopping in to say HI! And try to help you stay awake.
Sleep deprivation stinks!!

Well....I was going to post a list of game sites, e-book sites, and music sites to entertain you and help you stay awake but I haven't been a member long enough to post those items. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

EDITED to add - I was able to send the links to you in a PM.

Last edited:
Hahaha! Ya'll know how to cheer me up. I'll try and make caps. I'm on sleep deprivation tonight until 4am. Should be Maaarrvelous. :)

Are you AWAKE???

I feel like dancing ...

C'mon and let's Boogie Woogie
Baby! And drive the Nurses Nuts!

:banana: :banana:

Sorry I wasn't there to help you stay awake last night. Try the advice above and drive the nurses nuts the rest of the time you are there. I had to stay awake all night years and years ago at a local hospital. The third shift nurses were used to quite nights of just checking up on patients and sitting around. Then comes this 20 something guy strolling around in a hospital gown picking on them all night. They may not have enjoyed it that much, but it helped me stay awake through the night.

Best of Luck on your results.

:woot:

I hope you followed the doctors orders and now get a while to rest.
Let us know how it went.

Did you make it until 4am?

Any events?

During my VEEG the alarm would go off whenever I fell asleep. During sleep dep the nurse would come flying in and wake me up. I began to hate her.
Then....when sleep dep was over and I was allowed to sleep the alarm would still sound and the nurses were obligated to come in and wake me up to check on me.
We're talking every time I fell asleep....even if they had checked me 5 min earlier.
I REALLY grew to hate them.

Hope you are having successful seizure capture and aren't too miserable.

Oh, I made it to four am alright. Every time I try to fall asleep I have a seizure and then they wake me up w/ their neuro tests and then I'm awake again. The process repeats itself. I had 8-10 seizures. I probably only got 3 hours of sleep that night...then they put me on meds again because they realized the pain I was in.

Sooo I'm back on meds and I love it. I just have minor waves of pain in my jaw, none of that crazy tingling and numbness. ONLY 2 seizures today! :) :)

Pray for me ya'll.

You're doing great! Tripping off the XLEvents!
(That annoys them (Nurses), especially
when they were JUST IN your room!)

:clap:

But I'm surprised they have you back
on meds so soon? Does this mean you
will be heading "HOMEBOUND" soon?

Is the Doc going to change your meds?

Sorry for the questions ... but praying
here!

Sounds like they got all the data they needed. I hope it leads to a solution for you!

Adding to the wish that you get to go home soon.

Won't it be great to go to the bathroom all by yourself and not have someone standing outside the door asking if you are OK every few seconds?

And washing your hair.....and sleeping in your own bed....ahhhh, it's the little things that make it all better.

I am glad that you were able to get answers with your visit. Hate the idea of meds, so I hope that you will also look at dietary changes, and perhaps other avenues of therapy. Bernard has a great chart of choices. Then you might get off the drugs sooner.

Back
Top Bottom