Memory loss

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

anyone who says 50 first dates is a cute movie, can bite my ass.

It is hard to maintain any kind of interpersonal relationship ,even on a friendship level. When every couple of days, you have to ask someone what their name is. Plus it can be very difficult to get close to people without a monumental effort on their part when you can't even remember how close you are with them on a day to day basis.

Truthfully there is no polite way to say to a girl," I don't remember what you look like naked."

Omg, COurt I thought that was just me! I thought I was a social phobic cuz I avoided situations where I had to remember people's names. Remembering is so exhausting!

memory loss

Why is my memory so bad? is anyine else suffering with bad memory loss? my memory has never been great but never this bad. Its only since i started taking keppra and was diagnosed with epilepsy. Someone please help

I experience short term memory loss too & it got much worse after the Grand Mal seizure. I read that some meds can cause it but not the anti-seizure meds I'm on, other meds. I take 12 pills a day & at least 2 can cause short term memory problems but I think it's more due to the seizure I had and the MANY head traumas I've had over the years

I have only noticed the memory loss since i started taking keppra which is also causing my hair eyebrows and eyelashes to fall out but not1 doctor seems to care. Theres quite a bit hair falling out. Have you experienced hair loss on your meds?

Nope, don't have hair loss. If any of you are experiencing memory loss and hair loss and other symptoms, get your thyroid checked. I honestly think that's my problem cause I do have Hypothyoidism and memory loss is part of that.

I have had my thyroid and blood all checked and they came bacm normal. I have heard biotin supplements are meant to be good.

Yep, my memory keeps getting worse, and it hasn't been good for awhile, even before I was on any medications (though I think the medications have made it worse). I saw a neuropsychologist a few weeks ago and after some tests he confirmed that my attention and processing speed are below average, which both affect memory; though not necessarily IQ (even if I feel like I'm not very intelligent these days). I couldn't repeat a sentence he told me right after he said it.... So I write everything down. He did tell me this is pretty common with temporal lobe epilepsy, and I'm guessing the longer you have it, the worse it will get (just guessing based on the little bit I know).

Im sock of mine. People ask.me things and i cant remember even if i have just done it. Its so frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom