Modified Atkins for Seizures: Adult + college

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

PixiDust

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Right now, my new doctor put me on the Modified Atkins Diet for Seizures- however I am an adult (29) and going to college so it is a bit had to keep on it with all the restrictions and limited time to cook.

Does anyone know of some basic foods that I can keep around to make simple and fast dinner, lunch and breakfast?

Of course by now I have figured out the basic cheese, meat and eggs but you need a more varied diet than that. Any suggestions welcome!

Diet in Mexico?

Thank you Nakamova,
I have not been able to be as strick as they allow. 20g carbs a day, but it is close. I have not had a seizure in 2 weeks YAY!
I will be going to Mexico in May for my Brothers wedding, so keeping to the diet will be super hard as food there doesn't get close to allowing 20g carbs a day. Any suggestions?

Skip the chips and tortillas, but thumbs-up for guacamole or at least a piece of avocado. Grilled meat (fajitas!) and grilled fish or ceviche would be good choices too.

Also chicken soup? You may be able to buy plain stock in Mexico, or perhaps you can even find a way to bring some homemade low-carb chicken soup with you...

Back
Top Bottom